Fansided: "Seahawks willing to hear trade offers for Clark"

Largent80

Reaction score
If he is traded the pick needs to be for THIS year or it won't or shouldn't happen with the Hawks having only 4 and 11 next year.

James in PA

Reaction score
If this is true, it likely means they’re serious about getting a mega deal done with Russ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, if the price is right, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I like Clark a lot, I just am not honestly sure if he's in that elite top tier level yet. Couldn't agree more, the return would need to be for THIS draft imo.

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":208grc6x said:
If he is traded the pick needs to be for THIS year or it won't or shouldn't happen with the Hawks having only 4 and 11 next year.
Well, presumably it would be for more than one pick, including, yes, at least one pick this year, and a high one at that. :mrgreen:

Wizofwest

Reaction score
So we are all aware of the players we can resign.
In order I have them as:
1. Wilson
2. Wagner
3. Reed
4. Clark

While I like Frank Clark, of the four above, I don't believe his current play on the field warrants the apparent contract he is looking for. He could explode and take that next step. But right now he is not a 20M/year player.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just remember, John and Pete said the same thing about Earl and Sherman, it's more a show of what other teams will value Clark at. Oh best they offered was a 3rd for you, guess what we need to work out a contract or you can sit, the league says your only worth a third.

Chapow

Reaction score
For such a short article, that's a lot of weasel worded BS.

Starts with this,

Seahawks willing to hear trade offers for Frank Clark

Oh hey, look at that. It's written as a statement of fact. However, the very first line reads,

...but the word in NFL circles is he can be had for the right price.

Ah, so apparently it's just a rumor then?

Multiple league sources have told FanSided they believe Seattle is willing to hear trade offers...

Wait, so it's not even really a rumor, it's just a thing that "multiple league sources" "believe" may be true?

Just such absolute garbage throw away "reporting". The fact that articles like this get "published" now a days just shows what a pathetic state sports media is in. This is gossip rag level trash.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well John has said that nobody is untouchable and they listen to everything, now whether the listening is of a realistic trade or someone hoping to bargain shop is different and we will never hear about it.

But your right click bait, same was done with Earl and Sherman.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Fansided is arguably the least reputable website on the net. I know because I used to write for them and their barrier to becoming a journalist is a 200 word sample.

The other issue with Fansided is writers are paid based on the number of clicks. So clickbait articles go a long way.

I believe @chris98251 and @chapow so I am not going to click on the writers drivel so he can pad his pockets

Seymour

Reaction score
Wizofwest":1g7897vm said:
So we are all aware of the players we can resign.
In order I have them as:
1. Wilson
2. Wagner
3. Reed
4. Clark

While I like Frank Clark, of the four above, I don't believe his current play on the field warrants the apparent contract he is looking for. He could explode and take that next step. But right now he is not a 20M/year player.

Wiz nailed it.

Get what we can (2nd hopefully).....but get something now!

Largent80

Reaction score
We all know that every player is tradeable so we dont need a website to tell us that. In reality, Clark is a totally tradeable commodity.

I think it would be awesome to get cheaper at the position with RW going to get his contract. He's a decent pass rusher but a run liability.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Clark's a solid player and would be great to have as part of the new leadership core but is not worth $20 million at this point. Flashes of excellence, overall above average. Plus his sack numbers last year were heavily inflated against a select couple of bad teams. Many times in games he disappeared for a series or two. All this depends on what PC/JS feel his importance to the defense is and if saving $ to risk a high draft pick on a new rookie is worth it.

Fansided is saying nothing average fans don't already know. With a loaded DL class, I think a second might be a bit low but if he's set on $20 mil/per year, it might be tough to get a team to pay a first and that huge contract. Colts might be willing with all that cap space and a solid young core.

Fade

Reaction score
Fiction can be fun, but I would like to interject some facts into the discussion.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...be-tough-to-overcome-for-the-seattle-seahawks

"Seattle recorded pressure on just 31.5% of the opponent’s dropbacks, tied for 23rd in the NFL. And Clark, whose contract expires in March, tallied a whopping 24.6% of his team’s total pressures, the fifth-highest market share of any defender in the NFL in 2018."

Frank Clark is the Seahawks pass rush. Without him they are anemic.

He was a one man army. You add another rusher in this draft across from Clark and he will be even better.

AVL

Reaction score
He can't be traded until he signs the contract. He ain't signing.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
AVL":1zrzjn8t said:

And he'll get nothing. That's a hard pill to swallow, I'd imagine.

This game of "chicken" will be interesting to follow. :snack:

Largent80

Reaction score
Fade":2h962opj said:
Fiction can be fun, but I would like to interject some facts into the discussion.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...be-tough-to-overcome-for-the-seattle-seahawks

"Seattle recorded pressure on just 31.5% of the opponent’s dropbacks, tied for 23rd in the NFL. And Clark, whose contract expires in March, tallied a whopping 24.6% of his team’s total pressures, the fifth-highest market share of any defender in the NFL in 2018."

He was a one man army. You add another rusher in this draft across from Clark and he will be even better.

This is stating the obvious. However there is a salary cap and a franchise QB to deal with, also a franchise MLB and DT contracts.

At some point one needs to entertain how to become cheaper while maintaining consistency. So, the Hawks took a chance on Clark and he has panned out, but that doesn't mean he isn't replaceable. I'm a pro musician and everyone thinks "if we lost this guy OMG," but all are replaceable.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2qzdvt7b said:
AVL":2qzdvt7b said:

And he'll get nothing. That's a hard pill to swallow, I'd imagine.

This game of "chicken" will be interesting to follow. :snack:

He could easily pull the Walter Jones/Earl Thomas and show up weak 1 and collect his checks. I hope it doesn't come to that.

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if .Net is one of those sources. I'm fairly certain most us have stated we'd trade Frank for the 'right price' as well; granted we all have our own version of the 'right price'.

Fade

Reaction score
Largent80":1iz2p80s said:
Fade":1iz2p80s said:

This is stating the obvious. However there is a salary cap and a franchise QB to deal with, also a franchise MLB and DT contracts.

At some point one needs to entertain how to become cheaper while maintaining consistency. So, the Hawks took a chance on Clark and he has panned out, but that doesn't mean he isn't replaceable. I'm a pro musician and everyone thinks "if we lost this guy OMG," but all are replaceable.

Yeah, and they can all fit too. The Seahawks will have at least $95M in cap space next year, if you factor in rollover they will have well over $100M. And players on the first 2 years of their new deals come in at lower cap numbers than a lot of people realize.

You don't play around with pass rush. QB & pass rush, that is what wins the championships. If other positions have to be sacrificed then so be it.

Unless Frank Clark has an off the field or medical issue that they are concerned about, and just do not want to commit long term, of course.