2019 WR Corp.,

toffee

Reaction score
Current state of our WR corp., Hoping Angry Doug will come back and even angrier!

With Doug
Split end - Slot - Flanker
Metcalf - Angry - Lockett

If Doug retires:
Split end - Slot - Flanker
Metcalf - Lockett - Moore

Doug Baldwin (5'10", 192lbs)
Tyler Lockett (5'10", 182 lbs)
David Moore (6'; 215 lbs)
DK Metcalf (6'3"; 229 lbs)

Amara Darboh (6'3", 215 lbs)
Jaron Brown (6'3", 204 lbs)
Malik Turner (6/2", 202 lbs)
Caleb Scott (6'2", 203 lbs)
Gary Jennings (6'1", 216 lbs)
Keenan Reynolds (5'10", 191 lbs)

Sounded like if DOug could come back and Metcalf penned out, we could be quite OK?

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1pdq5edu said:
I’m willing to bet Kearse will be coming back.

Not so sure, Moore, Darboh, Metcalf, Brown, Turner are all kind of in that position. If anything or if there is truth to the rumor surrounding Doug we need possession guys that have a tough streak.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":2xdcfyb7 said:
Sports Hernia":2xdcfyb7 said:

Not so sure, Moore, Darboh, Metcalf, Brown, Turner are all kind of in that position. If anything or if there is truth to the rumor surrounding Doug we need possession guys that have a tough streak.
may be Gary Jennings could be that procession guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":34nixmyt said:
chris98251":34nixmyt said:
Sports Hernia":34nixmyt said:

Oh I think he can be groomed to be, needs refinement on routes and finding gaps in coverage is what I am saying which is where some mentoring from a guy like Doug could be helpful.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ff3p07u said:
I disagree after the WR's they drafted but it's time to say goodbye
to Doug for this year anyway..

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":29iat2um said:
toffee":29iat2um said:
chris98251":29iat2um said:
Sports Hernia":29iat2um said:

Oh I think he can be groomed to be, needs refinement on routes and finding gaps in coverage is what I am saying which is where some mentoring from a guy like Doug could be helpful.
must have lots of WR after the draft, got to think he brass wasn’t impressed with what we had, that and Doug’s situation.

Seafan

Reaction score
You forgot Ursua and Ferguson.

Reynolds and Ursua seem like the prime candidates to replace Doug. That is if you are looking for someone with short area quickness.

I think this draft reflects Schotts input. He wants to exploit RW's downfield accuracy and strength. The team has added a lot of downfield speed with Metcalf, Jennings, Ferguson and Homer. It sure looks like the team isn't expecting another down from Doug. All these guys can play in the slot and stretch the defense.

If these guys can consistently keep the defense on their heels then the Hawks should have one of the top offenses in the league. Play action every play please.

Fade

Reaction score
After the they traded back into this draft to take another WR, it became pretty clear Baldwin is retiring.

So with that I really like Jennings, and see him having the ability to pick up the offense really quickly. He will compete with
David Moore for the 3rd Receiver spot. Metcalf will have the benefit of having a simplified role (go deep), so their isn't a lot of intricacies he has to pick up. They can have him focus on that while bringing him along slowly in other areas.

Metcalf has the X spot on lock, and has to really falter for them to consider not starting him this year.

Lockett
Metcalf
Jennings

Are your starters in the not too distant future.

Other guys might play in the early going while they let the rookies develop, but it won't be for long.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rat":14e9ne2s said:
Moore better not take his spot for granted.

He fell off towards the end of the year, and I'm guessing it's because he stopped getting separation. But a Moore who's threatened by rookies could be pushed to improve his route-running. If that happens, his catching skills will keep him on the roster.

I also wouldn't bet on Jaron Brown getting shoved out. He had five big touchdowns, and Carson owes at least two others to Brown's run blocking. The coaching staff might be higher on him than some fans.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":2k5cmef7 said:
After the they traded back into this draft to take another WR, it became pretty clear Baldwin is retiring.

So with that I really like Jennings, and see him having the ability to pick up the offense really quickly. He will compete with
David Moore for the 3rd Receiver spot. Metcalf will have the benefit of having a simplified role (go deep), so their isn't a lot of intricacies he has to pick up. They can have him focus on that while bringing him along slowly in other areas.

Metcalf has the X spot on lock, and has to really falter for them to consider not starting him this year.

Lockett
Metcalf
Jennings

Are your starters in the not too distant future.

Other guys might play in the early going while they let the rookies develop, but it won't be for long.

I agree that Lockett and Metcalf would be on lock, but not at all sure about Jennings. It would be nice though, we have three guys with speed, and two with great size.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
If Doug retires, the only starter is Lockett.

To say Metcalf should start because he was drafted in the 2nd RD is like saying Penny should have started over Carson because he was drafted in the 1st Rd.

Clearly, Pete doesn’t give a shit where they were drafted or how they acquired a player.

He cut Tom Johnson to keep a promising young player. He started Poona Ford over a vet because he outplayed him. He cut Brandon Marshall and let David Moore play....

Let’s see what these guys do in OTAs, TC, Preseason because, IMO, this is wide open.

always compete!

Seafan

Reaction score
A lot of straight line receivers. The WR room is packed. And Dissly returning. Russ must be pumped.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
At this moment, including draftees and UDFA, how many WRs do we have?

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I believe John Ursua will be replacing Doug if Doug is retiring. Ursua might be small but he plays quick and runs good routes. He also catches everything around him. This is going to be an exciting season.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
BubbaGump":27jdbjc6 said:
I believe John Ursua will be replacing Doug if Doug is retiring. Ursua might be small but he plays quick and runs good routes. He also catches everything around him. This is going to be an exciting season.

Both Ursua and Lockett can be our next slot, with Metcalf and Jenning in 3 WR set.

Chawker

Reaction score
With the 2019 Seattle Seahawks I think we'll see a balanced offense that is capable of running over teams as well as going up top and dropping a six pack on them with the passing game. Look for Jennings to be come that go to guy and (Mom) monster of misssissippi D.K. Metcalf to start off this year in decoy and blocking role, torching those who fall a sleep on him. Add Lockette and a heaping helping from Carson and our offense will be just fine.
Cheers :179422:

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
The fact that we drafted and signed so many WRs basically pointing to lack of confidence in carry over WRs, excluding Lockett of course.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3ndy9961 said:
If Doug retires, the only starter is Lockett.

To say Metcalf should start because he was drafted in the 2nd RD is like saying Penny should have started over Carson because he was drafted in the 1st Rd.

Clearly, Pete doesn’t give a shit where they were drafted or how they acquired a player.

He cut Tom Johnson to keep a promising young player. He started Poona Ford over a vet because he outplayed him. He cut Brandon Marshall and let David Moore play....

Let’s see what these guys do in OTAs, TC, Preseason because, IMO, this is wide open.

always compete!

Agree. Metcalf had only 67 career catches at a school that asked him to run 4 routes. Seahawks offense is not that simple to just plug and play. He has huge upside and will contribute throughout the year, but he has a LOT to learn before he can be called a starter.