The NFL's best and worst offensive arsenals?

McGruff

Reaction score
Makes sense to me.

We have three proven commodities, only one of which would be considered elite.

Russ
Carson
Lockett

Everything else is mediocre to unknown.

McGruff

Reaction score
I believe we will end up with production that exceeds talent, because the scheme is internally consistent and symbiotic.

But in terms of proven talent on offense, we arent good.

McGruff

Reaction score
For better or worse, 95% of these articles are driven by FF . . . Where do our guys rank relative to the league?

acer1240

Reaction score
McGruff":3ns1lbws said:
Makes sense to me.

Russ
Carson
Lockett

I agree with this.

Although we were in the higher rankings of ppg last year, we also benefitted from a league leading turnover ratio.

Losing ADB hurts. A lot.

aawolf

Reaction score
I looked it up, and these rankings are far different from last years results regarding regular season statistics. We were 18 in total offense last year, which is around the middle of the pack and what I expect this year. I don't even begin to understand how the Giants are suddenly going to go into the top 8 offensive teams when they lost OBJ:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-n=1

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
When he had the Hawks at #28 last year, then saw their performance throughout 2018 coupled with offense stats at the end of the year, it's clear he has no idea how the Hawks offense functions.

Plus, the author has already biased the stats toward WRs, and Russ has no shiny, flashy toys there. He just makes every one of them work in the system.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2r72yz4n said:
He's not necessarily wrong. Way too many unknowns on offense aside from the running game. Given how most stattos give disproportionate weight to the passing game, I can see why he arrived at this conclusion. Losing Baldwin is huge.

Go back to the Shack. You don't know anything about football.

John63

Reaction score
Hawkfish":2r07jcy5 said:

This should not be a surprise, I mean our best Wr last year was Tyler and yet he is at best a 2 and more likely a 3 on most good offensive teams. Yes Carson played well but that was 1 year, the year before he missed time with injuries. Anyone who is not biased has always known Wilson has not had a great supporting cast, I mean the supposed new great thing Mahomes has the 1st best amount of offensive talent around him last year and 2nd this year. That's one of the reasons Wilson gets a lot of props around the league he does so much with so little compared to other top QBs. I mean even if you only think he is a top 10 QB you have to go up 12 spots to find the next arguable top QB. Most of the top 10 QBs are way higher, meaning they have way more talent around them.

Lets look at the following

Mahomes 2nd
Brady 9th
Brees 7th
Rathesburger 15
Rodgers 19rd
Luck 12th
Wilson 29th

Oh and last year our offensive arsenal was 28th. This shows how little talent we have on offense and jus thow good Wilson is.

hawker84

Reaction score
Give Russ some time, he'll make them all look like all stars.... you could have Julio, Brown, and Beckham, and it wouldn't mean anything, if you don't have line protection...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
So, with an injured ADB who missed many games and was never 100% we were the #6 points team last year, and with somebody else in his place we're suddenly in the bottom 5 of O in the whole league?
:34853_doh: :34853_doh: :177692: :177692: :177692: :2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1wz4vsjd said:
Makes sense to me.

Russ
Carson
Lockett

29th----29th??, OMG!!, they're out of their damned skulls, and so is everyone who swallowed that line of crap.
Everyone had the Seahawks sucking hind teat last season, and wound up looking like morons for stating such.
TWENTY NINTH!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL at some of y'all for going along with that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":ykqpauzv said:
Oh ESPN, automatic round file.
^ This Guy Gets It ^
:2thumbs:
I'd have thought that most in here would have too :229031_shrug:

McGruff

Reaction score
It's not driven by reality. its driven by madden geeks and fantasy nerds.

Seahawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":19pyc9bl said:
chris98251":19pyc9bl said:
Oh ESPN, automatic round file.
^ This Guy Gets It ^
:2thumbs:
I'd have thought that most in here would have too :229031_shrug:
Yep, just before coming to these forums today I deleted my ESPN bookmark from my browser.

I did a month or so of just going to their main page and searching for "Seahawk" and they either had nothing for days at a time or just 1 maybe 2 crap articles and then it was back to every other team in the league for multiple articles. They clearly hate the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd say just by having Russell as our QB, an elite level QB that has never missed a snap in his entire career AUTOMATICALLY puts the Hawks offense at least in the top 15.

I get it, no Doug and many question marks at the TE and WR position might not instill a lot of confidence if you're putting a list like this together. But anything lower than 12-15 with our nasty run game, Carson and Russell is laughable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2d2rlonr said:
Sgt. Largent":2d2rlonr said:
I'd say just by having Russell as our QB, an elite level QB that has never missed a snap in his entire career AUTOMATICALLY puts the Hawks offense at least in the top 15.

I get it, no Doug and many question marks at the TE and WR position might not instill a lot of confidence if you're putting a list like this together. But anything lower than 12-15 with our nasty run game, Carson and Russell is laughable.
False.

Only QB to not miss a snap last year I meant.

But thanks for contributing to the conversation, you and Seymour should hang out.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wow, racist as hell Sgt. Largent. Even for me who normally likes that type of humor.