The NFL's best and worst offensive arsenals?

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":nt6wo5tr said:
Tis yourself that is arguing a moot point, incomplete data, an undeveloped picture.
Context matters--Evaluating a player or players without taking into account of how he/they will fit into a particular system..A "System" which includes how he/they will function with the other "Supporting Cast" team members.
Here's just one more pertinent fact to this argument...As fantastic a LT as Walter Jones was, he was even BETTER when he had Steve Hutchinson at his side, The LEFT side was better because they fed off of -> EACH OTHER<-("Supporting Cast"),and that's why you have to include EVERYONE on Offense (including the Quarterback) when evaluating each and every individual.
Same with Defense, the LOB wasn't JUST ONE OUTSTANDING PLAYER.
Last time I checked, Football is a Team sport.
More to ponder....Why is it that we almost always have to wait a year or two to assess that a Rookie is worth where he got Drafted?, Answer, because sometimes they need the time to MELD with other team mates ("Supporting Cast")

LOL when in doubt just through it at someone else classic defense when you know your wrong. Oh wait How can you say Walter Jones was fantastic under your process you can't, because you knot know if it was the others making him look good, or the system, or the QB etc. You just destroyed your own argument. Thanks for mqakign my point

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":1vmso9w1 said:
scutterhawk":1vmso9w1 said:
Tis yourself that is arguing a moot point, incomplete data, an undeveloped picture.
Context matters--Evaluating a player or players without taking into account of how he/they will fit into a particular system..A "System" which includes how he/they will function with the other "Supporting Cast" team members.
Here's just one more pertinent fact to this argument...As fantastic a LT as Walter Jones was, he was even BETTER when he had Steve Hutchinson at his side, The LEFT side was better because they fed off of -> EACH OTHER<-("Supporting Cast"),and that's why you have to include EVERYONE on Offense (including the Quarterback) when evaluating each and every individual.
More to ponder....Why is it that we almost always have to wait a year or two to assess that a Rookie is worth where he got Drafted?, Answer, because sometimes they need the time to MELD with other team mates ("Supporting Cast")

LOL when in doubt just through it at someone else classic defense when you know your wrong. Oh wait How can you say Walter Jones was fantastic under your process you can't, because you knot know if it was the others making him look good, or the system, or the QB etc. You just destroyed your own argument. Thanks for mqakign my point

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.
You're insistence on basing your opinion, hanging with the incomplete data from that article, shows that you are the one that is in the wrong.
ONE MORE TIME, What Made The LOB outstanding, was how Thomas, Chancellor, & Sherman played >T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R<, ("SUPPORTING CAST") and when all is said and done, they will be remembered as a group, ("SUPPORTING CAST") that graded out BETTER than they did all by themselves., OH AND, Sherman playing for 49rs, isn't as stand out good as he was playing along side his LOB Brothers.

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3mtgkutm said:
John63":3mtgkutm said:
scutterhawk":3mtgkutm said:

You're insistence on basing your opinion, hanging with the incomplete data from that article, shows that you are the one that is in the wrong.
ONE MORE TIME, What Made The LOB outstanding, was how Thomas, Chancellor, & Sherman played >T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R<, ("SUPPORTING CAST") and when all is said and done, they will be remembered as a group, ("SUPPORTING CAST") that graded out BETTER than they did all by themselves., OH AND, Sherman playing for 49rs, isn't as stand out good as he was playing along side his LOB Brothers.

Says the man who thinks no one can be evaluated for what they bring to the table as an individual. I mean how do we know who to draft? Talk about embarrasing, you just did that to yourself. Oh and your Sherman thing hmm you don't think age or injuries might also at part huh. The reality is you can judge, grade or whatever you want to call it any player, based on what they bring to the table. Again that baseline can go up or down based o n who is around them, the system they are in etc. However that base line remains. Lol Sherman not as good with SF being you example is laughable given you left out age, I hurry etc. The fact you think no one can be graded on what THEY bring to the table is the no accountability arguement which has been proven to be wrong. You can grade say a wt on his route running, his hands, his strength, his space making, all separate from others on the team and you know it, you just want to argue and I guess don't find looking silly doing it.

Jville

Reaction score
I thoughtt the article demonstrated how outcomes can vary by selecting what factors are included and what factors are excluded. And, by manipulating the weighing of chosen factors.

Different authors are free to manipulate as they see fit and produce their own unique rankings (outcomes).

If such exercises garner the clicks their sponsors demand ....... mission accomplished.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":1dh3gpin said:
I thoughtt the article demonstrated how outcomes can vary by selecting what factors are included and what factors are excluded. And, by manipulating the weighing of chosen factors.

Different authors are free to manipulate as they see fit and produce their own unique rankings (outcomes).

If such exercises garner the clicks their sponsors demand ....... mission accomplished.

Could be or it could show how on paper the talent around some teams and QBs are not as good as others. Mind you on paper, Game time might be different. So while on paper it appears we have a lack of legitimate weapons once game time comes we might see we are fine, or we are worse. No matter how you look at it there is no denying ATL has a better arsenal of offensive weapons outside of QB then we do or for that matter most teams. All that said it is a data point that may or may not be accurate but till the season starts we do not know. That said our ranking did not surprise me and if you are being honest with yourself should not surprise anyone. Other than Lockette we have no proven 50+ catch WR. Meanwhile, a lot of teams have multiple WR of that level.

The fun part will be if they do what I think they can do, and are allowed to do, there will be a lot of experts who are wrong.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
That's probably the floor, with assumptions that DK busts and we struggle to replace Baldwin. So in that respect it's realistic. However, we haven't even seen pre-season yet, so we don't know who will be cut and who we'll pick up as veteran leadership/roleplayer. We have resources, and Schneider is NEVER done building.

sutz

Reaction score
If Russ is healthy, we're middle of the pack at least, and likely top 10. :229031_shrug:

McGruff

Reaction score
Other than Carson, I dont know that we are a particularly chippy team anymore.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Carson eats his critics children though, so that might make up for it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
It's discussed in the other thread, but this thread title is a little bit misleading.

This isn't a ranking of the offense, it's a ranking of the offensive skill position groups minus the quarterback.

Basically, going into the season, where do Lockett/whoever the #2 is/whoever the #3 is, Carson/Penny, and whoever the TE is rank compared to these combined position groups across the league.

As I'm subtly intonig with the way I've summarized this, I don't think Lockett, three question marks, and Carson/Penny are going to rank that high for anyone at this point, even if they end up panning out and being really good.

D

DomeHawk

Middle of the road last season, hopefully better this season with improved WR play.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":1ihrk8v1 said:
scutterhawk":1ihrk8v1 said:
John63":1ihrk8v1 said:
scutterhawk":1ihrk8v1 said:

Says the man who thinks no one can be evaluated for what they bring to the table as an individual. I mean how do we know who to draft? Talk about embarrasing, you just did that to yourself. Oh and your Sherman thing hmm you don't think age or injuries might also at part huh. The reality is you can judge, grade or whatever you want to call it any player, based on what they bring to the table. Again that baseline can go up or down based o n who is around them, the system they are in etc. However that base line remains. Lol Sherman not as good with SF being you example is laughable given you left out age, I hurry etc. The fact you think no one can be graded on what THEY bring to the table is the no accountability arguement which has been proven to be wrong. You can grade say a wt on his route running, his hands, his strength, his space making, all separate from others on the team and you know it, you just want to argue and I guess don't find looking silly doing it.

"Based On Who's Around Them"...FINALLY!!!!, You are starting to 'Get It' that's a good sign John.
Oh and, I'm not arguing, I'm just doing what I can, TRYING TO CORRECT YOU.
"Base Line Can Go Up Or Down", YES!!!, YES IT CAN, in FACT, having a QUARTERBACK of Wilson's caliber, will have a big impact on EVERYONE in HIS "Offensive Arsenal".

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":wdpk5sk7 said:
John63":wdpk5sk7 said:
scutterhawk":wdpk5sk7 said:
John63":wdpk5sk7 said:

"Based On Who's Around Them"...FINALLY!!!!, You are starting to 'Get It' that's a good sign John.
Oh and, I'm not arguing, I'm just doing what I can, TRYING TO CORRECT YOU.
"Base Line Can Go Up Or Down", YES!!!, YES IT CAN, in FACT, having a QUARTERBACK of Wilson's caliber, will have a big impact on EVERYONE in HIS "Offensive Arsenal".

Cherry pick much? it seems you do, Once again and I will say it slow for you. YOU can rate a player based on what they bring to the table..period. Now if they have more talent around them they might do better if they have less they might do worse. But that does not change what they themselves bring to the table. So sorry your still wrong, I wonder how you get reviewed for work, I mean under you premise you cant be reviewed or given pay raises since its not about you but others around you. Now do you get it or are you just not capable of understanding how you can rate someone based on what they bring to the table? FACT you can rate someone based on their individual skiils, and abilities. Deal with it,

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":3jtzo081 said:

LOL, Yep, they don't want you to include logic related tangents, it's like having a jigsaw puzzle with several pertinent pieces missing.
LOLOL, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" :lol:

Chapow

Reaction score
DomeHawk":31ubx4px said:
Middle of the road last season, hopefully better this season with improved WR play.

Middle of the road if we're ranking offenses by yards per game at 18th, but we were 6th in the league if we're ranking offenses by points per game.

Would you rather have the 6th highest scoring offense in the league, but 18th in ypg, or would you rather have the 18th highest scoring offense in the league, but 6th in ypg?

Ultimate goal of the offense is to score points, no?

McGruff

Reaction score
No, the ultimate goal of the offense is to throw the ball as much as possible.*

*seahawks twitter, 2019.