Finally figured out Procise

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
After two games Procise has been active but has had very few opportunities. Simply being active is a huge plus for him. I believe that no other player in Seahawks history has had the number of injuries and inaction come game time than CJ. We have seen flashes of his ability going back to his rookie year and a couple of good games to end this years preseason.

I have finally figured out his role on this team. He’s like the fine china your mom or grandma keeps on a shelf behind glass. It’s good to look at with the promise of handling a good meal but you don’t ever use it for fear of it breaking. Look but don’t touch!

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Hawks used Prosise as their 2-minute back today, and he's very good in that role. Right now it looks like Penny and Prosise could be used somewhat interchangeablely. I'm thinking that right now, the Hawks are just trying to work him back in, limit his reps, and see how his body responds.

I don't think the team has ever shared accurate information about the extent and nature of Prosise's injuries. They did mention an offseason "abdominal surgery" this last year. It's so easy to dog Prosise for all the time he's missed, but I think he had an injury that just didn't heal right, tried to come back too soon, and Prosise wound up in a vicious spiral of either reinjuring the primary injury or injuring other body parts by imbalance and trying to compensate.

In all of this, it's easy to lose Prosise's humanity and lose sight of his struggle and determination to keep working and keep working to get back, rehabbing injury after injury. It's not an easy thing to do, physically and emotionally, to keep grinding, rehabbing, for two seasons, to get back on the field.

I just see a young man working his ass off, doing everything in his power, and having poop for luck with how his body responded, and continuing to work through it. It helps also helps massively that he has the physical talent to excel at the NFL level.

Call me an optimist, fine. I'm hoping and expecting Prosise will continue to be healthy and available game after game, and we will see his role expand, and if Carson or Penny are unavailable, Prosise will step in and produce.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Procise has been a middling RB. Not even a crappier version of Darren Sproles at this point.

But he could be good for us in the passing game because he can play WR. I actually heard he played safety too and god knows we need a safety at this point.

But I think he is going to be a threat receiving the ball in at least a few games this year. It can't hurt to have a back that can catch and as much as Schotty kills me, at least he is starting to throw to the RBs (finally).

While Procise is on the roster, I don't think he matters enough for any of us to spell his name right now. Maybe if he does something worthwhile this year. To his credit, at least he is still healthy. So that is a step in the right direction.

I do think Olyfan is right though about the nagging injury. So maybe it will get better but at this point expecting consistent production from him as a RB makes no sense when he has never been consistently productive.

olyfan63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3bgh8dmr said:
<snip>
While Procise is on the roster, I don't think he matters enough for any of us to spell his name right now. Maybe if he does something worthwhile this year. To his credit, at least he is still healthy. So that is a step in the right direction.

OK TwisterHusky, so you're taking a stand on this one, asserting your right to mess with people's names. At least you KNOW you're spelling Prosise incorrectly. So what does Procise have to do to convince you it's worth the effort to spell his name correctly? 100 all purpose yards? 2 TDs in a game?