Homer/Lynch > Carson/Penny

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Not enough tape yet, but anybody feel like we're better with the current combo this playoff run?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love Lynch and Homer looks promising. But the Carson/Penny combo was looking really good before they both got hurt. Carson is a top 10 back in the league imo. I don't think it's even close to be honest. This team was really good at pounding the rock with Carson and Penny.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No...not at al...better than Procice for sure though. I think if we had Penny and Carson a few of these games would not of been this close.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. It was such a huge momentum killer when Carson went down, at least for the running game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Homer/Lynch to Carson/Penny is not even close though you have to like Lynch's fight when close to goal line.

I absolutely love me some Beastmode but not having both Carson and Penny is step backwards.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Dude.

Lynch is HOF quality back in his prime. Stud. But he isn't what he was, still impressive but if you need yards you probably want that ball going to Carson instead of Lynch. I am all about Lynch getting more carries. This is amazing stuff, but a healthy Carson in his prime vs an aging Lynch is not a hard decision.

Homer is a poor man's Lindsay. He is a serviceable if not a solid 3rd down back. He is a guy that catches the ball or gets to the edges for yardage. Good in space, but nowhere near what Penny would do in space.

Homer is OK, but that is it. Penny has flashed amazing moments, still not consistent enough. Homer has had some good plays but nothing amazing. He is 4th string for a reason.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I miss carson dearly and penny was really starting to find the groove. not sure if beast mode would play along but anyone want him to stay around as a 3rd string rb next year? he may not even be interested in that but he seems to be having fun, brings a lot of emotion to the team, he wouldn't have to worry about getting beat up and hes most likely even at that age much better than any other 3rd string back.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I won't say Carson/Penny but I will say Homer/Beast over Procise....so when option 1 and 2 were down, I'd rather have jumped to option 4 vs option 3. The Procise experiement is over.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing I do not miss, Chris Carson's fumbles. Dude may have lost NO game, and he certainly tried to lose PHI and Pitt for us.

I also, like how they aren't running as much. Certainly the Hawks realize that they'll need to rely on the passing game a bit more which is a bonus.

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOL! No. Interesting talking point, and I am amazed that they played as well as they did last week.

I love Marshawn, but he's a bit tentative, and not as strong as Carson, or fast/elusive as Penny. Lynch is jumping a lot more now, but it seems to be effective.

I think Homer can be a starting running back in this league. He was that good in college, but he kept dealing with injuries that I put on the Miami staff.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Ugh no.........Carson and Penny coming on strong the last part of the season would be a great combo to have right now.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'd argue that the Penny loss was worse then the Carson loss. Carson is a beast/grinder, but is more prone to fumbling, and cannot hit the home run. Penny takes care of the ball, and was beginning to collect quite a few explosive plays.

Let's also not forget what happened when we had both of them the last time they played PHI. Philly is an elite run stopping team in the NFL.

Seattle Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Rashaad Penny 14 129 9.2 1 58
Chris Carson 8 26 3.3 0 6
Russell Wilson 3 15 5.0 0 16
David Moore 1 4 4.0 0

(Carson with 2 fumbles)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much as I love how hard Homer runs, and as much as I love Marshawn..........and I REALLY love Marshawn. In no world are they a better combo than Carson/Penny.

As we saw yesterday Homer's not big enough to run effectively between the tackles, and even if you give Lynch an entire training camp to get his lungs and fitness back, he's no more than a goal line 10 snaps a game RB now.

Both Carson and Penny are premier bell cow NFL RB's. No comparison for me.

Chapow

Reaction score
Chris Carson finished the season as the 5th leading rusher in the NFL for the second consecutive year. He's arguably a top 5 RB in the league. Certainly a top 10 RB.

Marshawns TD run yesterday was awesome. Loved seeing a glimpse Marshawn going Beast Mode. But other than that one run, Marshawn and Homer got shut down. I don't see any way that the Carson/Penny combo gets shut down like that.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Love the one your'e with.
Comparisons like this do a disservice to both pairs of players.
We have Homer and Lynch right now. They will be exactly as good as our O Line and their individual talents can make them. I have no doubt they will do their absolute best for us. Can't ask for more than that.

knownone

Reaction score
I mean, Homer and Lynch averaged about 1.5 yards/carry against the Eagles. Carson and Penny averaged right around 5.5 yards/carry.

This isn’t even a conversation.

Seymour

Reaction score
knownone":jcmyyk7d said:
I mean, Homer and Lynch averaged about 1.5 yards/carry against the Eagles. Carson and Penny averaged right around 5.5 yards/carry.

This isn’t even a conversation.

Beat me to it. Do people actually watch the games or just rewind beastquake when Lynch's name is mentioned??