Packers looking for people to shovel snow Sunday morning

ivotuk

Reaction score
Packers looking for people to shovel snow Sunday morning before Seahawks game

Snow is in the weather forecast leading up to Packers-Seahawks. We break down the latest news for the Divisional Round.
By David Fucillo@davidfucillo Jan 10, 2020, 5:06am PST

The Packers announced on Thursday they will need people available to shovel snow early Sunday morning to prepare the stadium for the game. They are looking to get up to 700 people to begin the process at 6:00 a.m. Shovels will be provided, and individuals at least 18 years of age will earn $12 per hour. The field will be covered, so this is primarily about clearing snow from the seats in the stadium.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/1/ ... r-forecast

sutz

Reaction score
Ruminator":1o99zniy said:
Yeah, I guess it would be difficult to run one of these through the seats...

Cycle country plow
I think I know some guys that would like to try. :twisted:

classicaaron

Reaction score
at least the snow is hitting a day early and not sunday. sounds like it should be clear and about 20 degrees for kickoff.

seahawksny

Reaction score
I would do this for free.
Because that implies i would be in the stadium, hence for the game

chris98251

Reaction score
Will they pay transportation expenses and game tickets, could think of a few thousand volunteers that would help out :)

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
ivotuk":1fb0kjch said:
Packers looking for people to shovel snow Sunday morning before Seahawks game

Snow is in the weather forecast leading up to Packers-Seahawks. We break down the latest news for the Divisional Round.
By David Fucillo@davidfucillo Jan 10, 2020, 5:06am PST

The Packers announced on Thursday they will need people available to shovel snow early Sunday morning to prepare the stadium for the game. They are looking to get up to 700 people to begin the process at 6:00 a.m. Shovels will be provided, and individuals at least 18 years of age will earn $12 per hour. The field will be covered, so this is primarily about clearing snow from the seats in the stadium.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/1/ ... r-forecast

The seats and aisles get filled up with snow. They have a system to get it out of there. They slide it down ramps to the bottom where heavier equipment then removes it. Sounds like it will be kind of a mess on Sunday but the game and the field should be OK. Just the stands and aisles before the game are problematic.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ugh! Shoveled more snow last year than the last 20 combined, here in the Shoreline/Edmonds area.
My back still hurts thinking about it. Pass.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We're into day 2 of the storm here in the Flint Hills. Started as rain night before last. That lasted most of yesterday. Then the north wind kicked in with gusto and the temps tumbled, so now we have a coating of ice on everything, plus the rain changed to snow. It's 20 right now, so that's not bad if you're not out in the wind. My horses are staying in the barn, so that seems like good advice. I would imagine all that rain is snow up in Wisconsin, If that is the case they'll have a fair piece of removal to get done. I just said to heck with it. I don't need to go anywhere, especially since it's 15 mi just to get to the highway. Make sure my dish is clean and I'm good to go for game time.

ptisme

Reaction score
The moisture from the weather system is now expected to be more to the south east.... Now only calling for an inch or two