Go after Derrick Henry or Melvin Gordon?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I like Carson a lot except for the fumbles this year but Henry is a future hall of famer from what I’ve seen. Yes we have a ton of holes but Pete’s not going to adapt so might as well get him the best at RB.

Plenty here claim PC and JS can do no wrong in the draft so we can handle everything else there right?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":mc3jtmfb said:
I like Carson a lot except for the fumbles this year but Henry is a future hall of famer from what I’ve seen. Yes we have a ton of holes but Pete’s not going to adapt so might as well get him the best at RB.

Plenty here claim PC and JS can do no wrong in the draft so we can handle everything else there right?
You know damn well Seattle will not pay a free agent RB.

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2vkdf63x said:

Well there is another solution, since as you say we know PC will not adjust then trade Wilson and use the money to build the team he wants.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Henry isn't going to any other team... No matter what the Tacks have to pay him, he's their whole offense!
Gordon isn't nearly as good as 'he' thinks he is... He's probably going to end up with a 'prove it' deal somewhere.
Get some better Oline men and roll with what we got, I'd like to see more from Homer...
He could be a weapon given the chance, I mean if they don't try to run him up the gut!
Sweeps, passes to the flats, creative stuff like that might work.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The more interesting possibility to me is Austin Ekeler, Melvin Gordon's backup who is also a FA. He's a small back with really good speed and hands who reminds me a lot of Leon Washington.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We need to save every dime for Linemen!!!

The biggest waste of money is second contract RB's.

SF just beat up the Packers with an undrafted RB on his 7th team for heaven's sake.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2591q79k said:

SF just beat up the Packers with an undrafted RB on his 7th team for heaven's sake.
Seattle doesn’t pay offensive lineman either!

Sorry, it’s just not in the budget!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No thanks!

However I want to draft a hard running back to compete with Penny and Carson.

getnasty

Reaction score
RB might be the least of our worries. As much as it pains me to say this move on from CJ and fill his shoes with a high upside undrafted guy and roll with what we have.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
If we got an OL we could get any RB to perform, case in point look at that journey man Mostert. WOnder if he could do that behind our OL, or what could Carson do behind their OL?

HawkerD

Reaction score
SF outside zone blocking running game is predicated on blocking side line to side line. Including A beast of a TE and fullback. Mostert ran hard but the whole were huge and the block held up on the edges. Trying to run with a RB off the street, a below average OL made worse by injuries, a soft TE and Tyler Lockett just isn’t going to work.

Polk738

Reaction score
I really don't see this team going big on the offense this year-my take is they'll do a repeat of 2013 and bring in a couple of mid tier edge rushers like Bennett and Avril since obviously the pass rush was the biggest weakness.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":37j3f1qe said:
Mad Dog":37j3f1qe said:

Seattle doesn’t pay offensive lineman either!

Sorry, it’s just not in the budget!

I never specified which side of the line. I'd prefer the money goes to DL. OL needs an infusion of talent too but less so than the DL.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks are set with Carson...Penny...and Homer. They might bring in a late rounder but I doubt they go spend much $$ on a big name FA . IMO

Ozzy

Reaction score
Agreed Largent. There are a ton of potentially good backs in this draft. Grab one to compete and they are fine. I wouldn't spend a dime in free agency.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
austinslater25":2mxo1c8m said:
Agreed Largent. There are a ton of potentially good backs in this draft. Grab one to compete and they are fine. I wouldn't spend a dime in free agency.
Totally agree. Money is better spent elsewhere (pass rush and OL).

A lot of good backs in this draft, and there will be serviceable backs later in FA, if needed.

Carson, Penny and Homer are three very solid football players...why overspend in FA?