3 rd and 15, 7:13 to go, down 10 pts ... what does Pete do?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
3 rd and 15, 7:14 to go, down 2 scores.
I believe Pete would have played it safer and trusted his defense to stop niners.
KC has the better O-Line, of course, which made. Reid decision easier tol swim or sink with his best player swinging the bat.
I wish Pete would develop this type of relationship with his best players: Russell right now. We don't want to rehash the lost SB.
[youtube]wM2gsf9EDtg[/youtube]

getnasty

Reaction score
Come on bro, give Pete a little more credit then that.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It’s really quite simple. Pete says to Russ, “it’s go time, do your thing”!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Pete would have sent in Fant as an eligible lineman, then sent DK and Lockett on deep routes, and kept everyone else in to block.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you're trying to say Pete is conservative then taking a shot on 3rd down is a terrible example. We do this multiple times per game just like every other NFL team. Taking shots on 4th down is a bigger deal with much stronger pros and much stronger cons.

Our last key conservative/aggressive decision occurred in the divisional game with 25 minutes remaining. We were trailing by 18, it was 4th and 1 on the 4, and Pete went for the 1st down rather than kicking the FG to make it a two score game. He also had a slightly conservative decision earlier in that game when he punted on 4th and 1 from his own 42 yard line.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OP, Dude, did you miss all those 3rd down 30 yard completions to Tyler Lockett and Doug Baldwin the last 8-ish years? Oh, but those came on 3rd and 3, not 3rd and 15 so they don't count. Not to mention that wheel route to Lynch, I think in the NFCCG of 2013. And who can forget 4th and 7 in that NFCCG?

I swear, Russell throws deep a TON on 3rd and makeable, and probably has phenomenal numbers on those throws.

xray

Reaction score
He probably burns a time out . :D