Hawks comp picks announced

sutz

Reaction score
Nice group. John can work with that. :mrgreen:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Is there a limit of picks teams can have? We know Pete and John like to trade for more picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like what they were expecting. I believe the 3rd was for Earl, the 4th was for Coleman and not sure about the 6th.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
12thmanNY":1ztc4196 said:
Is there a limit of picks teams can have? We know Pete and John like to trade for more picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No limit on picks. There is a limit of 4 comp picks.

Generally, it's not super awesome to have a ton of picks. The sweet spot seems to be 7-10. Any more, and you're drafting a lot of guys for other teams.

Also, they all come due as UFAs at the same time. Not to mention if they all do make the team, then you're going to have a lot of inexperience and heightened growing pains.

Cleveland had 14 in 2016. That's the most I can recall since they shortened to 7 rounds. I think the niners had like 12 picks in 2017, but traded up a couple times and ended with 10.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just my own prediction, but I think JS trades down as he often does with that 1st round pick. Likely adding another 3rd. So, when it's all said and done, I can easily see the Hawks with 2 picks in round 2 and 2 or 3 in Round 3.
They can do some real work in the 2nd and 3rd round imo.
Shoot, I wouldn't be shocked if they add a 2nd if a team really wants to move up to 27.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If he trades down from 27 then the team may have 3 seconds plus whatever they get for the trade down which may be an early 4th or some pick swap.

Trader John is brilliant at maximizing picks or finding his sweet spots in the draft.

sutz

Reaction score
Or he could parlay a pick or two into some extra picks next season. ;)

Lot of options.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":4pjzd2fk said:
Or he could parlay a pick or two into some extra picks next season. ;)

Lot of options.

And parlay picks into picks with trades to upgrade those areas we are light in. Many many options.

chrispy

Reaction score
Since there were/are so many FAs this year, I had kind of written off the possibility of getting any comp picks in the next draft. I just assumed all the open holes would require FA signings. Obviously, (at least so far) that hasn't happened.

Anyone have a running count of FAs this year that would impact comp picks for 2021 draft? I know the below list is incomplete. It's not an answer to the above question, just a first pass. I'd be interested in seeing a list like this as a running total so as FA progresses, we could easily follow picks.

Also, a question: If a tendered player is lost and therefore the team receives a draft pick in exchange, I would think that loss does not count in the comp pick formula. Is that correct?

out (would result in a comp pick)
Fant
Jefferson
AWoods

in (would result if the cancellation of a loss and therefore a comp pick)
Finney
Irvin
Shell
Ogbuehi
Warmack

re-signed/no-impact
JReed
Luke Wilson
MTurner

Tenders (if re-signed, no impact)
Hollister
Hunt