Seahawks sign BJ Finney G/C

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seems like a good signing. Pittsburgh fans like him. Wondering if this is to cut Britt and bring in Clowney soon. Either way they need help in the interior.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
With Iupati still unsigned could be a hedge there as well.

Edit: apparently played some swing tackle, might have a shot at that 6th lineman spot.

sutz

Reaction score
GLio14":lswzrg80 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't want to cut Britt?
No, you're not. He's a good center. He's been good for us.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
sutz":29v50fcz said:
GLio14":29v50fcz said:
No, you're not. He's a good center. He's been good for us.

Could just be leverage to get Britt to restructure as still be a very suitable 6th lineman

tersal

Reaction score
GLio14":1unov3d4 said:

Britt was a very good center who we all know endured a horrible injury. I hope he returns strong however, he is a big question mark. Hunt was serviceable but an upgrade is required. Also this guy may prove to serve as Pocic's replacement as Pocic has not panned out.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he has a good shot at starting somewhere along the line. Scouting report says he fits Schott's run scheme too. LG is my first guess? Who knows, but I think they see him starting.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Jimmy Graham's knee injury was about as bad as they get, but he came back in fine form. I suspect, according to what I've seen of Britt's rehab he'll be fine. So I'm another one with sutz and GLio hoping Britt stays. But I'd like to see Wen's idea pan out so we don't spend so much we can't fill the other holes.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
austinslater25":35pdtuir said:
I think he has a good shot at starting somewhere along the line. Scouting report says he fits Schott's run scheme too. LG is my first guess? Who knows, but I think they see him starting.

LG is my guess as well with Iupati departing. It allows them flexibility, though. Finney played well as a center in Pittsburgh in limited action. Also, his strength is pass blocking, not run blocking... so that kind of tells me that him at center is a strong possibility.

If they can't restructure Britt and need to shed his salary... Finney may be the move at center to free up room to bring Clowney back.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/EvaninSEA/status/1240109761984483328[/tweet]

Oh hell yeah buddy!

Yeah... on that alone, I think he's the center.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1hs1v6cz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/EvaninSEA/status/1240109761984483328[/tweet]

Oh hell yeah buddy!

Yeah... on that alone, I think he's the center.

Disagree he is the RT :)

King Dog

Reaction score
My guess is this is Britt's replacement. 10M-4M = 6M savings. Guess we will find out.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Finney is a lot like Pocic in that he was a center in college and viewed as a center in the draft. However, he was drafted by a team with an entrenched starter and so the Steelers moved him around as a backup G/C and he played a bit of LG, C and RG while riding the bench behind Pouncey.

If we are moving on from Britt then I'd like to see what Pocic can do at center first. Pocic is more athletic and has a 4" longer wingspan which benefits the rest of the line. Finney's price tag isn't unreasonable even if we just use him a backup/6th OL because at least one of our interior OL is bound to get injured during the season.

On that note, I assume that we are moving on from Britt or the Hunt tender doesn't make much sense now. With active roster spots at a premium then having Pocic and Finney capable of playing center would seem to be plenty if we were keeping Britt as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Although thinking about it Fluker and Iupati have both been injured a lot, might be the upgrade or replacement there Iupati more so then Fluker.

getnasty

Reaction score
Very good signing from everything i read. I like that they can see who gives them the better deal between Britt and Iupati and let the other walk if needed.