Jordan Simmons signed

springscohawk

Reaction score
Reports by news sites that Jordan Simmons has resigned with Seahawks as unrestricted free agent. What are your thoughts? Who would you like to see starting at guard and tackle spots when season opens?

OP
OP
S

springscohawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia, thanks for optimistic reply! Time to cut Fluker and Britt and trade back for top pass rushers Jacob Martin and Barkevious Mingo :sarcasm_on:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
springscohawk":3ecf9fye said:
Sports Hernia, thanks for optimistic reply! Time to cut Fluker and Britt and trade back for top pass rushers Jacob Martin and Barkevious Mingo :sarcasm_on:
Oh I'd love to have Martin back ..I think he will keep getting better.
That was a mistake trading him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TBH, my comment was in jest. I only remember him having one good game, but also being injured a lot.
If he can contribute, great!

toffee

Reaction score
Jordan wasn't good, mediocre at best, I am starting to get quite worried about our OL.

OP
OP
S

springscohawk

Reaction score
Here is the new starting O-line for 2020 with a few transactions included:

LT: Duane Brown; Cedric Ogebuehi
LG: Phil Haynes; Chance Wormack
Center: B.J. Finney (Britt released); Joey Hunt
RG: Jemarco Jones (D. J. Fluker released); Jordan Simmons
RT: Brandon Shell; Jemarco Jones

Seahawks bring back Clowney and bring in DE Griffin from Minnesota.

Actually for keeping as many pieces in place as possible more likely: Brown, Finney, Britt, Fluker, and Shell as starting line with Ogebuehi, Haynes, Hunt, and Jemarco Jones as backups.

xray

Reaction score
When plays he's kinda good . OL lookin awesome so far .

IndyHawk

Reaction score
springscohawk":12anielx said:

Actually for keeping as many pieces in place as possible more likely: Brown, Finney, Britt, Fluker, and Shell as starting line with Ogebuehi, Haynes, Hunt, and Jemarco Jones as backups.
I can actually see the bolded part happening.
With Griffen signed and someone like Suggs or Matthews for a year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'd welcome Suggs and Griff any day. Those guys can both play high level ball. Add another young dog in the draft and let's get it on!
Our O Line roster looks better than last year. With our additions on D and Russ's new toys we should be able to make some hay. Problem is gonna be our bales might not be as big as the ones the Niners spit out. The Cards are looking challenging as well, and that's just what we'll see in our division. Falcons have made a lot of headway. So has Cleveland. NFC will be a dogfight.

King Dog

Reaction score
I like it as a reserve signing. He can only make it three or four games before IR, so have to hope that we don't need him for an injury replacement until around playoff time.

kf3339

Reaction score
Camp body only. I seriously doubt he makes the 53 man roster. He is always hurt. I would rather draft a promising guard like Stenberg.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks now have 16 OLinemen under contract, instead of continuity expect change. There may only be one starter left after the final cuts. Perhaps the team may not be drafting any from the deep talent pool this draft. I hope not b/c there a few good OT prospects who could available if the team wasn’t forced to draft DLine

If the team drafts a C, then Britt is gone, Fluker better stay healthy or he could be too although somehow I expect he will stay. I have little regard for Pocic who has never lived up to his draft status, doesn’t seem physically up to playing inside, and seems to be yet another Cable fable. Hunt could be gone/traded as well if a C is drafted.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Probably a better run blocker than Fluker but definitely not a polished pass protector. And every season with us has ended on IR.
Still one can hope he jukes the injury bug for this year as he definitely adds some plow.

olyfan63

Reaction score
YES!!!! CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! O Ye of Little Faith... Here's how...

"Wilson takes the snap, read option, Lynch gets the handoff, cuts left behind Simmons block, INTO THE END ZONE!! SEAHAWKS WIN!! Russell Wilson and the Seahawks win Super Bowl 55 on a two-point conversion in overtime!!"
- Steve Raible on the call

I'm surprised how little people remember of the impact that a healthy Simmons had in 2018. DJ Fluker went out injured, Simmons came in, and THE (League-Leading) RUN GAME IMPROVED!!
Dude is a BEAST in the run game! I really don't know much about his pass-pro, but I don't think it's awful, and he's probably improved since 2018.

All that of course, is IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY.
CHAMPIONSHIP!! Feel free to substitute "Carson" or "Penny" in for "Lynch" in the future scenario above.
Wouldn't it be fun though? Maybe even a few goosebumps while daydreaming about Raibs making that call?

Sports Hernia":1piv11ws said:
Championship!

Mad Dog":1piv11ws said:
Probably a better run blocker than Fluker but definitely not a polished pass protector. And every season with us has ended on IR.
Still one can hope he jukes the injury bug for this year as he definitely adds some plow.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
springscohawk":23cln42v said:

Seattle isn't keeping 3 Centers either Britt or Hunt is gone.

Latest posts