Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
I know many won't like this, but I think the front office is focused on next year, and not this year. Yes, they drafted Taylor, but you can't expect rookies to contribute after this strange offseason. I think there are something like 20 OL on the roster, but they need much more help on defense.

I hope these picks work out, but I don't see the defense improving very much this year.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Maybe some of the young guys in previous drafts will finally pan out this year :0190l:

seabowl

Reaction score
IMO Rasheem Greene is a major key to making this F work.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
a consistent pass rush solves a lot of problems and makes you instantly better.

OP
OP
S

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
I sure hope so. The jury is still out on Coiller too. Maybe he can have a great second year.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't disagree much. Probably don't want a huge rookie class in whatever training camp they manage to have. Could be why they loaded up on FAs before the draft. It does seem like they brought in more vet FAs than usual.

It gets back to another thing that a lot of folks don't seem to like to hear. The Hawks are a solid playoff team, even with some holes in pass rush and pass blocking.

Personally, I'm not that disappointed in the draft so far. Surprised a little by a couple of the moves, but not disappointed. Of course, I don't have huge expectations of every draft.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Doesn't adding speed to get after the QB at Edge and chasing down the run at LB, and Dunbar in the backfield make us better, even a bit?

OP
OP
S

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2k8w2j13 said:
Doesn't adding speed to get after the QB at Edge and chasing down the run at LB, and Dunbar in the backfield make us better, even a bit?

I hope so. Outside of Metcalf, the 2019 rookie class wasn't able to show much. Not having an offseason, I don't see how the 2020 class can show much either. I hope I am very, very wrong.

toffee

Reaction score
sutz":1mn9307q said:
I don't disagree much. Probably don't want a huge rookie class in whatever training camp they manage to have. Could be why they loaded up on FAs before the draft. It does seem like they brought in more vet FAs than usual.

It gets back to another thing that a lot of folks don't seem to like to hear. The Hawks are a solid playoff team, even with some holes in pass rush and pass blocking.

Personally, I'm not that disappointed in the draft so far. Surprised a little by a couple of the moves, but not disappointed. Of course, I don't have huge expectations of every draft.
Same here, hawks seldom draft popular names or big names. But more often not, they got something out of their less known names. Just PC/JS‘a mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawlnut89":1xmqxij6 said:
I know many won't like this, but I think the front office is focused on next year, and not this year. Yes, they drafted Taylor, but you can't expect rookies to contribute after this strange offseason. I think there are something like 20 OL on the roster, but they need much more help on defense.

I hope these picks work out, but I don't see the defense improving very much this year.
Naw. This is the NFL, unless you are doing the full rebuild this doesn’t happen.
In college it happens more.

Fade

Reaction score
Better at corner.

Better at safety if Diggs plays the bulk of the season.

Better at LBer

D-Line? Clowney and Jefferson leave a big void. We'll see...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawlnut89":38k400le said:
Ad Hawk":38k400le said:

I hope so. Outside of Metcalf, the 2019 rookie class wasn't able to show much. Not having an offseason, I don't see how the 2020 class can show much either. I hope I am very, very wrong.

That will be true of the other 31 teams, too. Someone's gotta win it all.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Fade":3cw25fu9 said:
Better at corner. Agreed, Dunbar is a big deal and Ugo will be better

Better at safety if Diggs plays the bulk of the season. Full Season of Diggs and Blair looked promising in flashes

Better at LBer. I hope this turns out that way. No Kendricks, Wagner and Wright 1 year older and slower. Although Brooks looks promising and Barton has a year under his belt.

D-Line? Clowney and Jefferson leave a big void. We'll see... Irvin, Mayowa, Taylor are a good start, Improvements from Green and Collier could be expected and Christmas will have a shot. I still think we could add Clowney or Griffin if we cut Britt and/or Fluker

Fade

Reaction score
Add Clowndog back into the fold, and I would be pretty pumped. But it appears they are moving on from him.

Clowney is waiting until May 1st to sign with another team so the Seahawks can't get a comp pick.

Latest posts