Phillip Dorsett

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Dorsett said Seattle was interested in him last season, but opted to stay with NE.

If Seattle had signed him last season, would DK Metcalf be a Seahawk?

What say you?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd say yes. Seattle spent three draft picks on receivers last year, so there was an obvious need at the position. If it would have prevented somebody, my guess is they don't trade into the 7th round to draft Ursua

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yes.

They are not the same kind of receiver. Definitely don't think we would have drafted Jennings. Ursua may still have been in play as he's more a pure slot guy who could still alleviate the need to play Lockett in the slot.

Dorsett probably even now competes with Turner and Ursua for snaps. Before Metcalf, we had Moore for that role. So I do think the talent/role fit still stands regardless of if Dorsett is signed last year.

Big WR group: Metcalf, Moore (Lockett)
Speed group: Metcalf, Dorsett, Lockett
Slot/3rd down conversion group: Metcalf, Ursua, Lockett

Not to say Ursua is a lock. But it also seems like they've tailored their TE group to kind of mirror these roles. Seems a lot of crossover ability to incorporate 12 personnel to effect similar strengths.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This player is a guy who was seemingly drafted a whole lot earlier than he's shown with his play so far.

We were at some time excited by the prospect of exciting play from Jaron Brown, he was underwhelming to say the least. All I can say about Dorsett is he has the potential to be special, but only if his onfield play can match his demonstrated track speed. He could be a nice addition, or not. His speed and the potential he could have is what is most interesting about him, his demonstrated play to date sure isn't.

I don't believe that Dorsett is a slot receiver and is at best going to be used as deep ball threat b/c of his superior speed.

I remain optimistic but suspicious.