Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Fans? No Football.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • From NBC sports

San Francisco’s season ticket holders can opt out of 2020 while retaining their rights and tenure for next season. Fans can get a full refund for the 2020 season or a credit toward the 2021 season.

“In the event we have limited capacity at Levi’s Stadium this season, tickets will be made available on a game-by-game basis at the season ticket rate,” the team wrote to season ticket holders. “Members electing to credit 2020 payments to the 2021 season will receive preferred access to available tickets.”
    hulbe
    NET Practice Squad

• hulbe wrote:From NBC sports

San Francisco’s season ticket holders can opt out of 2020 while retaining their rights and tenure for next season. Fans can get a full refund for the 2020 season or a credit toward the 2021 season.

“In the event we have limited capacity at Levi’s Stadium this season, tickets will be made available on a game-by-game basis at the season ticket rate,” the team wrote to season ticket holders. “Members electing to credit 2020 payments to the 2021 season will receive preferred access to available tickets.”

Same thing for the Ravens

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/20 ... e-deferred
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: No Fans? No Football.
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:13 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:A photo taken 102 years ago is as relevant as ever.

Fans at a Georgia Tech football game during 1918 pandemic. The photo was taken by graduate Thomas Carter.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/heal ... 04a12842cb

Nice find Bruce! It would be an extraordinary sight to see. But I think they'll play without fans, at least to begin with. The differences in camera angles and such should be interesting too.
    FPD
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 pm
  • seedhawk wrote:Well Aros, if the season happens, there are several outcomes.

1 The stadiums capacity will be reduced to perhaps 15K fans, at least 6 feet apart. :P

2 Die hard fans forced out of lower bowl seats will pony up serious coin to move up a level. :mrgreen:

3 Concession lines will become longer, but with fewer people in line. Same for restrooms. :shock:

4 Die hards simply say screw it, i am going. I might wear a mask, or not. Hawk football is more important than the chance of exposure. :irishdrinkers:

5 The NFL money machine takes over, fills stadiums to capacity, reason being, if a current ticketed fan gets sick, there are 3 ready to replace them. :sarcasm_on:

tongue in cheek post.

Can you imagine if #5 happens it's gonna look like a scene from the Twilight Zone with everyone wearing mask's.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:41 am
  • Aros wrote:I can't stop thinking about this.

If the NFL wants to proceed with the 2020 season even if it means no fans in the stands, I have to say...

NOPE.

As much as I want Seattle Seahawks football this Fall, if it means without fans, no thanks. There is no other professional sport that needs the energy of the fans in the stands other than the NFL to me. Baseball? Meh. Sure, go ahead. It wouldn't be that different without fans. But imagine the Seahawks playing a critical division game against the Rams or 49ers in late December...

To an empty stadium.

Puh-leeeeeeze.

It would be like watching practice every week, even knowing the games counted. How surreal. How, um, yuck.

So here I am. A season ticket holder since 1997 saying, if the solution is playing games to empty stadiums this Fall then forget it. I'll wait it out until 2021 thank you very much.

Yep, the more we know about the virus status means this is the best option. Hard to accept, but the right choice.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Previous

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information