Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scenario: Trade for Adams, Sign Clowney, add Gordon / Brown

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • I know its wishful thinking but John likes to pull rabbits out of his hat late in the offseason and I think these moves equal superbowl against the Chiefs or Ravens.

Trade McDougald (and his 4million+ in salary cap hit) + a 1st and maybe a 4th to the Jets for Adams and keep him on his current contract for this year (I think its around 8 but could be mistaken) Obviously with the understanding that an extension is coming at some point this year.

Wear Clowney down and sign a 1 year for around 9M, probably during training camp.

Then we get Gordon back once his situation clears up at close to the minimum (don't want AB but thats a possibility as well).

Currently we have 13million in space according to OvertheCap, trading Mcdougald saves us 4 more, then we'd have to make some more room and Id suggest cutting Hollister, no reason to keep the 3rd or 4th TE on the team at a 3M+ cap hit.

Am I crazy or does this roster instantly make us the favorites in the NFC?

quick rundown;
    Top QB at the top of his game
    Great RB and now a great RB2 and an above average RB3 once healthy
    Best WR group #3 has ever had and getting better (DK gonna go bananas this year)
    Best most complete TE group in this era
    Am I crazy for thinking after some initial growing pains this will be the best OL group in a decade?
    Great LT | Good LG | FInney is a better C than Hunt and I think higher ceiling than Britt | Rook RG who should get better through the year | weak RT but better than last few years or maybe just not worse - deeper at backup in all spots

I know its a lot of ifs but come on. This seems hard but could be doable for John boy.

Can you tell I am excited for this year?
    j.oldschool
    NET Bench Warmer

:roll:
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• "Am I crazy for thinking after some initial growing pains this will be the best OL group in a decade?"
    Odds are strong you're crazy.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• It makes me happy to see posters that are optimistic. I do not generally share it (at least last 3-4 years) but it is honestly nice to see.

I'm thinking Gordon is the only one of that list that happens but I wish they all would. I just think we have too many Joes and not enough Pros. Especially on the OL and DL.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter

• Covid has changed everything......There isnt a single thing that is cogent.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• hell of a first post
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:hell of a first post

Haha thanks man. Long time lurker, worried I might get struck down by naysayers and perpetual pessimists.

I know we’ve all been hurt before by the invisible pain of missed expectations but I know no other way to go into a season than unbridled enthusiasm.
    j.oldschool
    NET Bench Warmer

• Man that would be awesome! We will see!
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Talent wise they are all good but talk about four guys with each having some issues either personal or financial(professionally speaking).
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• I'd be happy if we landed one of those players. Seabowls right, they all have their problems but at the same time there all studs too.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Saw an article last night reporting that both Seahawks and Niners are talking to the Jets about Adams. It says Niners want him to NOT be playing for the Seahawks as much as they want him playing for the Niners. Seahawks are scrambling to make up for potential loss of Dunbar. Both Niners and Seahawks are on Adams list of desired landing spots. Getting Adams would appear to be a VERY expensive deal for Seahawks to swallow, especially considering the potential for loss of all or part of the upcoming season. Niners are also strapped for cash.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Oh boy...Even if we had the legion of boom back at 100%, WE STILL NEED A PASS RUSH. Forget about any DB's, if we traded for C. Jones and signed Clowny we would be fine. Just need to cut a long faced LBer and a over the hill TE. :les:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• Would love to see this.

I would even tolerate AB on the roster if we got all the rest of this.

Not sure we would be #1 even with, (probably the Bucs), but we would be a very solid playoff contender.

However, if there is a season, Adams is almost a requirement at this point - unless we only want the wildcard and don't want or care to go farther in the playoffs.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• RockinHawks wrote:Image

^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^, Looks like # 3 put on a little Height & Weight there. :lol:
    Last edited by scutterhawk on Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• j.oldschool wrote:I know its wishful thinking but John likes to pull rabbits out of his hat late in the offseason and I think these moves equal superbowl against the Chiefs or Ravens.

Trade McDougald (and his 4million+ in salary cap hit) + a 1st and maybe a 4th to the Jets for Adams and keep him on his current contract for this year (I think its around 8 but could be mistaken) Obviously with the understanding that an extension is coming at some point this year.

Wear Clowney down and sign a 1 year for around 9M, probably during training camp.

Then we get Gordon back once his situation clears up at close to the minimum (don't want AB but thats a possibility as well).

Currently we have 13million in space according to OvertheCap, trading Mcdougald saves us 4 more, then we'd have to make some more room and Id suggest cutting Hollister, no reason to keep the 3rd or 4th TE on the team at a 3M+ cap hit.

Am I crazy or does this roster instantly make us the favorites in the NFC?

quick rundown;
    Top QB at the top of his game
    Great RB and now a great RB2 and an above average RB3 once healthy
    Best WR group #3 has ever had and getting better (DK gonna go bananas this year)
    Best most complete TE group in this era
    Am I crazy for thinking after some initial growing pains this will be the best OL group in a decade?
    Great LT | Good LG | FInney is a better C than Hunt and I think higher ceiling than Britt | Rook RG who should get better through the year | weak RT but better than last few years or maybe just not worse - deeper at backup in all spots

I know its a lot of ifs but come on. This seems hard but could be doable for John boy.

Can you tell I am excited for this year?

TRADE McDOUGALD??!!....um okay...I never really liked the McDougald Burgers anyways. :smilingalien:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:
    RockinHawks wrote:Image

^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^, Looks like # 3 put on a little Height & Weight there. :lol:

Still not black enough, though.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• I like the title to this thread, all the way up to, but not including, the /Brown part.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• At this point, Clowney on one year deal is quite likely, Gordon also possible league willing. Not sure about AB, at vet minimum plus incentive?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Really like and mostly agree with your line of thought, OldSchool...
    My first reaction on the mention of Antonio Brown was NO, NO, and HELL NO, but...

I suspect AB to be a Cluster-B personality-disordered sociopathic psycho. Meaning either Narcissist, Borderline, or maybe even Histrionic, with a high degree of sociopathy. At first glance, this is BAD, like Percy-Harvin-BAD, for the team. However, on second look...

Cluster-B psychos typically have a "honeymoon period" when they go to a new social group, where they are on their best behavior, to try to "prove" that the problem was "everyone else" from the old group (team) , "not them". So having AB on his best behavior for a full season, focused on showing up the Steelers, Patriots, and Raiders, could actually be a positive thing. But only for ONE YEAR, tops. The mask would come off in the second year. I think Pete and John now understand Cluster B player issues after Harvin, and would make it only a one-year thing.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• That's an interesting thought about AB. Perhaps he would be motivated to get straightened out for the sake of proving everyone wrong (in his eyes). Based on past actions, he's a certifiable nut-case but his skills are incredible.

No disrespect to our Lockett but, I can see a sane AB being the #1 receiver on this team with DK trailing not too far behind. Open Tyler up in the slot....have Flash come in for those 3rd and crucials.

We definitely need a few additions if this team is going to compete. The obvious concern is Edge, likely DT as well. With Dubar being questionable, I'd love to see Tre step up and be anchored by Adams.

I've given up on Clowney. Would love to see him back but....

Anyways...one can dream to have RWs targets as mentioned above. Sprinkle on some healthy Uncle Will and this offense is HIGH powered.

If anyone can pull this off, it's JS and PC.
    Elemas
    NET Starter

• Miracle #1

Come on John make me a profit!

A little heavier price than I predicted but I’m stoked about Adams.

I think it’s been shown that the most important position group in Pete’s defense is safety and now we might have the best group in the league.

Not sure what the complaining is about? We simply don’t draft early enough in the first round to get blue chip prospects that you can count on being upper tier contributors and starters. It’s too much of a crapshoot after the first half of the first round.

Would I trade 2 first round picks for an all pro entering his prime? At almost every position yes. And our defense has sorely sorely missed the BOOM it used to have.

As for Mcdougald? I liked the guy and he was solid but he’s not a difference maker, I think Adams makes everyone around him better.
    j.oldschool
    NET Bench Warmer

• Adams is a good add. Dont need ab or gordon. Want to see what Ursua, Dorsett, Moore can do. Plus all the TEs. Same on dl. Let's see what the young guys can do.
    Last edited by jamescasey1124 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Bench Warmer

• It's all coming together....
    Own The West
    NET Starter

• Add Clowney/Griffen and Flash. We will be very good. Is Clowney still realistic though? Not a heap of cap space for him.
    SeahawksAU
    NET Bench Warmer

• SeahawksAU wrote:Add Clowney/Griffen and Flash. We will be very good. Is Clowney still realistic though? Not a heap of cap space for him.

Griffen seems the more likely at this point, we could restructure a couple large contracts or do some other cuts but I just don’t see enough space to add Clowney as I think it takes around 10m. Where as Griff mighty get done for 4-5. That leaves room for Flash and maybe a Vet DT that gets cut somewhere else.

I’d be very happy with that. I think Flash is a lock probably although I am higher on Dorset as a 3rd wr. Love flash though and more the merrier.
    j.oldschool
    NET Bench Warmer

• The initial poster appears to be prophetic. I anticipate that the next big deal that goes down will be a one year with Clowney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    godawg
    NET Veteran

• Welcome. And hey, you can't ban hope.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seems like any deal would be smart to happen soon.

With the price for Adams set by the Seahawks, there may be other deals that happen as a result; Yannick Ngakoue perhaps. The Jags should be able to get more for a pass rusher in his prime than the Jets got for a Safety. There is a rejuvination of rumors about the Browns dealing for Ngakoue this morning. If that's the case, it would be in a team's best interest to get a deal done with Clowney before Ngakoue re-sets market value again. Clowney's personal valuation got in the way a few times over the off-season and there's no doubt it will again if a deal for Ngakoue pushes the Khalil Mack swap and signing.
    chrispy
    NET Starter

It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information