What Adams does for defensive schemes

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Okay, there are many posters here that do not care about Adams abilities only what Seattle gave to acquire him.

Fair point. It should be noted.

Now, getting to what you get with Adams.

Adams allows for:

1. Better run support

Seattle could not stop runs as well they used too. Adams is definitely an upgrade.

2. Offensive audible adjustments

Adams plays closure to the second level and can carry coverage slot receivers and tight ends on audible passes. He can do so better than any Seattle secondary player on the roster.

3. High level football IQ

This guy understands offensive schemes and how they want to attack defenses. This was missing from safety play since Chancellor left. You cannot replace intelligence and feeling the game. Instincts are crucial at clutch moments of the game. If you watch Baldinger talk to Adams they discuss film and why Adams is successful, I actually believe this is the main reason Carroll wanted Adams. Adams is highly intelligent in understanding offenses.

4. Cover-1

Seattle cannot play Cover-1 well since Earl and Chancellor was here. This is Carroll’s game. Cover-1 is essential to Carroll’s defense. Diggs will be a beneficiary to Adams. You will Diggs ball out because of Adams. Diggs will be allowed to play center field and free lance, he’ll get at least 4-6 picks.

5. Cover-3

This is the staple of Seattle’s defense. Seattle could not play Cover-3 well for fear of getting the inside routes raped by offenses. Adams will help the linebackers A TON! Wagner will LOVE Adams addition! Wagner will have a better year because Adams allow Wagner not to worry about the defending the flats on runs and passes.

And last but not least, Seattle builds their team better on rounds 2, 3 and 5 anyways. Every year there are only 10 or so picks that are legit first round talents and if Seattle keeps drafting late firsts, and trades down, it’s not worth it anyways.

Adams will help all areas of the defense and it will domino to the pass rush as well. The pass rush will also improve because throwing zones aren’t open at the second and third levels.

Jamal Adams! He is an elite player! The best at his position! You need a collection of stars and elite players to win in this league. Seattle has 3 now. That’s an improvement from last year!

Jamal Adams is 24 years old man! It’s not like the guy is in his late 20s or 30s!

Seattle was a bit soft since the LOB and Michael Bennett left!

Adams brings attitude! Seattle desperately needs some attitude!

He’ll improve the defense the same way Marshawn improved the offense when he was traded here.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Great post. We needed a star on Defense and had hoped Clowney would be that guy and although he was really good I dont think he was a transcendent talent where I think Adams can be that guy.

chris98251

Reaction score
He brings swag, we have not had that since Sherman, Bennett and Earl and Kam were here, I hope this is the step we need to bring back aggression versus playing bend but not break. Add Blair as another player possibly in the Big Nickel or Amadi making receivers and there is a lot in the West now think about who is around them instead of where the ball is creating missed chances on offense and turnovers for our defense.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3g911p08 said:
Great post. We needed a star on Defense and had hoped Clowney would be that guy and although he was really good I dont think he was a transcendent talent where I think Adams can be that guy.
Finally! Someone here gets it!

I can’t believe how many people here think the Seahawks gave up guarantee talent!

The Jets haven’t proven they can build a team!

Relax people!

Remember, they’re the Jets!

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":z7y8uvjj said:
Wenhawk":z7y8uvjj said:
Finally! Someone here gets it!

I can’t believe how many people here think the Seahawks gave up guarantee talent!

The Jets haven’t proven they can build a team!

Relax people!

Remember, they’re the Jets!

We need that D line still to be respected or feared enough to allow this secondary top play with a bit of reckless abandon, I do hope we are better then all of us feel at this point.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
As far as defensive schemes go, for the simple fact that it allows you to play more coverages you become less predictable and won’t be as easy to gameplan.

Posters are losing sight of this and or ignoring this.

A move like Adams allows your other defensive players to play better as well.

Wagner will benefit, Diggs will benefit, Griffin will benefit.

This is Pete Carroll’s Kam Chancellor successor!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He can play FS, SS, and LB.

He is good in coverage and forcing turnovers.

He is also a great blitzer.

He is going to make this defense better if we can get him to buy into Carroll's philosophy and style.

toffee

Reaction score
Now we have two super stars on defense, Jamal and our Bobby, if we resign Clowney, we will have 2.5 super stars.

On tbe offense side, we have Russ, hopefully in time DK will become a super star too.

Back in the days, we had a bunch super stars.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
toffee":2vt824i0 said:
Now we have two super stars on defense, Jamal and our Bobby, if we resign Clowney, we will have 2.5 super stars.

On tbe offense side, we have Russ, hopefully in time DK will become a super star too.

Back in the days, we had a bunch super stars.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
I’m hoping Shaquill Griffin can become a star as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Football like baseball, having strength up the middle, so we need a wrecker still at the D line, we have Bobby and hopefully Jordon in the future, and now Diggs and Adams, thats makes teams play on the wings more or less and we are prepared with Dunbar and Flowers and Griffin, Wright and that's a pretty good Defense with a inside Run stopper. We need the inside guy so we don't have to cheat up to support as much.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2t1aexc6 said:
He is also a great blitzer..

^^ This.

Adams' ability to get to the QB quickly, will definitely help take some pressure off the D-line.

xray

Reaction score
Very effective at different levels plus a couple sacks too . :D

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2vi4x7qm said:
Okay, there are many posters here that do not care about Adams abilities only what Seattle gave to acquire him.

Fair point. It should be noted.

Now, getting to what you get with Adams.

Adams allows for:

1. Better run support

Seattle could not stop runs as well they used too. Adams is definitely an upgrade.

2. Offensive audible adjustments

Adams plays closure to the second level and can carry coverage slot receivers and tight ends on audible passes. He can do so better than any Seattle secondary player on the roster.

3. High level football IQ

This guy understands offensive schemes and how they want to attack defenses. This was missing from safety play since Chancellor left. You cannot replace intelligence and feeling the game. Instincts are crucial at clutch moments of the game. If you watch Baldinger talk to Adams they discuss film and why Adams is successful, I actually believe this is the main reason Carroll wanted Adams. Adams is highly intelligent in understanding offenses.

4. Cover-1

Seattle cannot play Cover-1 well since Earl and Chancellor was here. This is Carroll’s game. Cover-1 is essential to Carroll’s defense. Diggs will be a beneficiary to Adams. You will Diggs ball out because of Adams. Diggs will be allowed to play center field and free lance, he’ll get at least 4-6 picks.

5. Cover-3

This is the staple of Seattle’s defense. Seattle could not play Cover-3 well for fear of getting the inside routes raped by offenses. Adams will help the linebackers A TON! Wagner will LOVE Adams addition! Wagner will have a better year because Adams allow Wagner not to worry about the defending the flats on runs and passes.

And last but not least, Seattle builds their team better on rounds 2, 3 and 5 anyways. Every year there are only 10 or so picks that are legit first round talents and if Seattle keeps drafting late firsts, and trades down, it’s not worth it anyways.

Adams will help all areas of the defense and it will domino to the pass rush as well. The pass rush will also improve because throwing zones aren’t open at the second and third levels.

Jamal Adams! He is an elite player! The best at his position! You need a collection of stars and elite players to win in this league. Seattle has 3 now. That’s an improvement from last year!

Jamal Adams is 24 years old man! It’s not like the guy is in his late 20s or 30s!

Seattle was a bit soft since the LOB and Michael Bennett left!

Adams brings attitude! Seattle desperately needs some attitude!

He’ll improve the defense the same way Marshawn improved the offense when he was traded here.
Great Post L. O. Boom, most, if not all, who don't like this gig, just can't get past the "Two 1'st" rounders are being short sighted, Adams is a very special player, with instincts that can't be taught....His quick reads & even quicker reactions are absolutely insane.....I love this deal....& to the doubters?, Pete knows what the hell he's doing, so just enjoy the ride.