Covid Season Be Viewed with an Asterisk?

springscohawk

Reaction score
I was just thinking about players opting out of season, no pre-season games, possible loss of players during year for testing positive for Corona Virus, will Super Bowl winner be viewed with an asterisk? What say you?

OP
OP
S

springscohawk

Reaction score
Or Russell Wilson finally wins MVP but some other MVP candidate season cut short by Corona positive.

Would this be any different than any other year when plays out because of injury?

chrispy

Reaction score
I'm just glad his Recovery Water will keep him healthy all season. I assume it's good against Covid if it works against concussion, right?

xray

Reaction score
The players with plenty of scratch can deal with opting out quite nicely .

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If they give this season an asterisk, they damn well better go put an official asterisk on Super Bowl XL*.

kf3339

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1l8c51ub said:
If they give this season an asterisk, they damn well better go put an official asterisk on Super Bowl XL*.

:ditto:

5280Hawk

Reaction score
No the best team to plan for KOVID, will plan correctly and if we're playing it counts. and our team should relish it if that happens!

its not an advantage or (disadvantage) for New York or Seattle....(or denver) If we're playing. Have a plan, and who wins at the end CHAMPS!

themunn

Reaction score
Washington won 2 superbowls in strike-shortened seasons but there aren't any asterisks next to their wins

Seymour

Reaction score
chrispy":1aqjjpah said:
I'm just glad his Recovery Water will keep him healthy all season. I assume it's good against Covid if it works against concussion, right?

Absolutely!! Add 4 oz of Clorox to 10 oz of recovery water and you just "kinda clean everything out inside".

:irishdrinkers:

94Smith

Reaction score
Man I just hope a whole season is played

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1xx42e6g said:
chrispy":1xx42e6g said:

Absolutely!! Add 4 oz of Clorox to 10 oz of recovery water and you just "kinda clean everything out inside".

Channelling your inner "Donald" are you?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
preseason games don't matter, it'll only be an asterisk season if they have to cut regular season or have an abbreviated playoffs.

Which I can't see happening on either front, there's too much money at stake. They'll just keep extending the season as many times as they have to in order to finish the season. Might be having our first summer Superbowl.

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1z6fgqb4 said:
Seymour":1z6fgqb4 said:
chrispy":1z6fgqb4 said:

Channelling your inner "Donald" are you?

You got it! :D

Original

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m sure this years Lombardi trophy will look just like the other one in the trophy case.

sdog1981

Reaction score
If they shorten the season or put the season on hold until March then it will have an asterisk. If a full season is played then nothing needs to be fixed or noted in the record books.

knownone

Reaction score
I could see there being an asterisk on the season if multiple elite QBs missed games or the playoffs. Other than that scenario, I think it will be remembered more as an interesting story than a asterisk levied against any particular team. Unless the Cowboys or 49ers win it all, then we should just pretend the season never happened.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Possibly, but an asterisk doesn't necessarily have to be a pejorative or have a negative connotation to it. Just used to represent an abnormality or extenuating circumstances.

Whoever wins this year's Super Bowl will have overcome so many obstacles, and adversity and challenges that extend beyond the field of play that it will feel extra special to deliver that joy to their home fans(who themselves may be struggling). Whoever wins the NFL, NBA, NHL etc should be extra proud this year IMO, and the asterisk will indicate how special of an accomplishment it truly was in the face of such a challenge.

Sports matter to communities, and delivering a championship during these times would be a hell of a morale boost to their city.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36a1khph said:
I’m sure this years Lombardi trophy will look just like the other one in the trophy case.
No it won't :177692:
It will have a mask wrapped around it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1hgqunpm said:
Sports Hernia":1hgqunpm said:
No it won't :177692:
It will have a mask wrapped around it.
I can live with that! 8)