Spoke to Gil Brandt on nfl radio (Wagner)

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I called nfl radio tonight to speak with Gil Brandt and asked him who he thought was a better fit for our defence between bobby Wagner and Michael Kendricks. He flat out told me that the seahawks were targeting Kendricks with that pick, but in hindsight they are thrilled with the way wagner has handled the middle of the defence. i found it interesting that Brandt sounded so sure that kendricks is the guy they wanted. He also is very high on Gus Bradley and said he will be a head coach in this league someday...thought I would share

OP
OP
A

arghawkfan

Reaction score
As am I, I guess JS and Peter felt that the extra 5th and 7th were worth more than the drop off from Wagner and Kendricks, it got us toomer and Scruggs

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not only has Wagner been playing better than Kendricks, but he's been better than Kuechly as well. He also outplayed Willis the other night. In rewatching the game I was also surprised to see that Bowman outplayed Willis too.

Wagner was the most well rounded LB in the draft. Most wouldn't agree and had Kuechly rated the highest, but I put a lot of effort into watching MLB prospects before the draft and Wagner had the most overall talent when it comes to physicality at the POA and elite mobility. There was never any question in my mind about that. Kendricks would have good to play along side Wags on the weak side. He's not as physical and doesn't deal with trash in the middle as well as Wags. Who "they" wanted is irrelevant. They got the better player.