Seahawk just waived Braylon Edwards

MrCarey

Reaction score
Still nothing from the team or anybody else. Kind of weird that it's from some Chicago Tribune dude. But, why would he lie?

12evanf

Reaction score
MrCarey":xuxm14ho said:
Still nothing from the team or anybody else. Kind of weird that it's from some Chicago Tribune dude. But, why would he lie?

He probably missed the bus and Pete didn't want to buy him a plane ticket.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Could be preparing a roster spot for another CB is they think the suspensions are going to hold up.

I wonder if he thinks the people making the decisions in Seattle are also idiots (just like they are in New York).

kidhawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":17erc2sr said:
Could be preparing a roster spot for another CB is they think the suspensions are going to hold up.

I wonder if he thinks the people making the decisions in Seattle are also idiots (just like they are in New York).

If the suspensions hold up you can fill the roster spots that open up. Players on suspension don't count against the roster, so you would have 2 free spots during their suspension.

Edwards has been given limited opportunities this season, and that tells me that there's something going on behind the scenes that hasn't gone public. I've wondered all year about it, and assuming this report is true, it kind of makes me think that there truly was something going on.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Aw man! I just bought Braylon Edwards jerseys in all three colors.

pinksheets

Reaction score
kidhawk":1u9c4u0w said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1u9c4u0w said:

If the suspensions hold up you can fill the roster spots that open up. Players on suspension don't count against the roster, so you would have 2 free spots during their suspension.

Edwards has been given limited opportunities this season, and that tells me that there's something going on behind the scenes that hasn't gone public. I've wondered all year about it, and assuming this report is true, it kind of makes me think that there truly was something going on.
Yeah, but do you want to wait until the players are actually suspended to bring in a guy? It'd make sense to me to bring in a CB now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":26qcg44j said:
kidhawk":26qcg44j said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":26qcg44j said:

Yeah, but do you want to wait until the players are actually suspended to bring in a guy? It'd make sense to me to bring in a CB now.

We are pretty deep in DB's this year. We carried more this year than we have in the past. Our starters are already on the team, anyone else will just be backups/emergency players. If they thought Edwards was worth keeping, he'd still be here. There is definitely more to this than replacements for a possible suspension.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wonder why he was cut? Seems like he has pretty good effort when he's out there, always trying to make the tough catches when he needs to.

hawker84

Reaction score
either he has some injury issues or he's clearly lost a step.. announcers eluded to that on the long pass.. that's a bummer for me, i had high hopes for him after seeing him in the pre season.

dunceface

Reaction score
Welp, see ya later...prob not gonna lose sleep over this

rpmischris

Reaction score
You know had he caught that td pass in Chicago he would not have got waived. lol I think it was a catch regardless of what the officials called. That officiating crew should be put on shamecation.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1yuok8pi said:
Wonder why he was cut? Seems like he has pretty good effort when he's out there, always trying to make the tough catches when he needs to.

Always comPETE. Effort is not enough, results matter.

OP
OP
Killa Kam

Killa Kam

Reaction score
kidhawk":qcdtchz3 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":qcdtchz3 said:

Patriots td catch aside, he's yet to make a big play all season. He dropped td passes in the Arizona, 49ers game, and on Sunday (although it should've counted).

Wonder if we pick up Phil Bates or a CB?