Bevell finalist for Bears job

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Let him go, and send Trestman down from Canada to Seattle...he already has familiarity with Wilson, plus I love his offensive mind.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
While changing OCs is not the best of situations, we have a QB that can handle change well.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Bad news. I really wanted the continuity. Wilson has said he'd rather have it too. Not that he can't adjust, but he's going to have to adjust some to new faces, new calls, stuff that could have remained the same and allowed him to work on new stuff.

Of course, whoever we hire had better be ready to work. Wilson's going to show up on his doorstep, game tape and notes in hand, at 5:00 AM the morning after we hire him.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
he can go. Never liked his playcalling.

and no, I don't give him credit 'for the development of Wilson'. Wilson developed Wilson.

Best he get a new job now, while teams are willing to give him credit for that - it is the best opportunity he will have.

WSUhawk4life

Reaction score
Do people just forget what happened last year. I would say DB's head was being called for when TJack was here and things were not going so well.

I think Russel made Bevelle more than Bevelle made Russel. Of course we wouldn't have gotten to where we were last Sunday without the duo.

Not to sure what the Bears are thinking.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Guys like Bevell and Bradley are bound to be NFL Head Coaches with the success the offense and defense will continue to have. Better to get it out of the way now and find guys who will hold down the role for a good amount of time. I honestly think it'd be a blessing in disguise if they both left this offseason. It's good for them and good for the organization. They get a chance to realize the ultimate dream of their lives and future prospective coaches will know that coming to Seattle will be an excellent career move.

If Bevell does end up in Chicago, I'd definitely prefer Trestman. I was beating the Hue Jackson drum for a while, but Trestman would be the better option in my mind. Trestman is a big fan of Hustle Wilson and if there's a QB in the league that can handle a new coordinator it's Wilson. He just devours playbooks.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ji28fqgn said:
Of course, whoever we hire had better be ready to work. Wilson's going to show up on his doorstep, game tape and notes in hand, at 5:00 AM the morning after we hire him.

What makes you think RW will waste a whole day? :D

ChiefHawk":ji28fqgn said:
and no, I don't give him credit 'for the development of Wilson'. Wilson developed Wilson.

There was an interview out there with a guy whos opinion should carry more weight. RW disagrees with the above statement.

I am not to fond of the playcalling either especially things like straight up the middle on 3rd and 1 followed by straight up the middle on 4th and 1........but we know what we have and sometimes that is better than what you get.......

calihawk

Reaction score
The first half of the Atlanta game told me Bevell isn't what Wilson or the Seahawks need.
I hope he goes and we find a coach that calls plays to our strengths (see 49'rs) .

Our players with room for criticism did enough to win however the two coordinators didn't.
Hoping they both go.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3rx0e4vm said:
Bad news. I really wanted the continuity. Wilson has said he'd rather have it too. Not that he can't adjust, but he's going to have to adjust some to new faces, new calls, stuff that could have remained the same and allowed him to work on new stuff.

Well said

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I just hope Pete already has the replacement lined up and ready to go. He's had enough time to figure out who the first person he will ask will be.

madbohem

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3m0exx8q said:

As funny as this, with anyone else this would be an exaggeration.

And I think, its probably not even going far enough. I sure Pete is getting texts right now explaining, in detail, who it is out there worthy of taking Bevell's spot if he goes. Meanwhile he is breaking down draft prospects for John Schneider and organizing unofficial practices to start after his honeymoon.

I even heard he wants to book voice lessons for the 12th Man to make sure they their voices remain strong and limit cases of laryngitis in the greater Seattle area.

Geologic

Reaction score
I just hope his replacement isn't cam Cameron

(Third and long; qb draw. Third and short; pitch to the outside)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1o33p0uz said:
grizbob":1o33p0uz said:
Has any team ever had a QB/OC before? :mrgreen:

Yeah; Peyton Manning, and whatever team he's on. :)

Which apparently didn't hurt Mike McCoy.

(Granted he did a pretty great job of compensating for Tebow at QB.)

Latest posts