The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: #22
Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm
  • Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.

Agreed, another thing I notice about Turbin is not only is he fast like you mentioned, he has a quick burst as well. Great pick by Schneider and PC.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 pm
  • Beast Mode 2.2
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm
  • I forgot how effective he was this year. He catches like Reggie Bush. Physical, fast, desicive. . Great find in the fourth.

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm
  • Man, this guy could do some serious damage this season. I sure hope he does!
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 pm
  • Sorry...That's a terrible highlight video. I heard exactly zero F-bombs and N-words. If experience has told me anything, it's that every self-respecting highlight video is backed by crappy rap music.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 pm
  • I'm a big fan of Robert Turbin. From that highlight reel it is apparent that throughout the season he was an important safety valve, a counter against pressure on Russell. How many hot routes and dump-offs went Turbin's way that he totally delivered on? Many, and that is not to mention the times when he was running the ball right off the snap.

I just hope that adjustments made in the off-season by our opponents won't limit his production or his number being called during blitzes. Dude delivers.
    Dreo
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:00 pm
  • Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:02 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games

Really? I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe at RB, but not at QB.

But think there is still a HUGE drop off from 24 to 22. (and thats no knock against Turbin who I really like a lot).
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:09 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games

Really? I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe at RB, but not at QB.

But think there is still a HUGE drop off from 24 to 22. (and thats no knock against Turbin who I really like a lot).

With all the weapons we have on this team I feel Quinn could come in the game simply as a game manager and let the play makers make plays.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.

...and with incredible touch!

I felt Turbin often played the way a rookie back is expected to play (when spelling a legend in the making); Almost apologetic. Especially early in the year. ML would take a seat and RT would come in and basically hold onto the ball.

Though he obviously had the occaisional highlight run, more times than not it looked like he was either a bit too respectful of the tackler or ML, one or the other....but who could blame him? With a year under his belt he has seen that ML is very unselfish and I think he's gonna' run with similar abandon.
    And score!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm
  • Turbin gives as much effort as you'll ever see from a RB. I think that's what stands out the most about him. That and how he's really good at falling forward for extra yards.

Watching his highlights though, I think he's more Maurice Morris than Frank Gore. I know we are pretty set at RB for now with Lynch/Turbin, but when Seattle adds a 3rd RB this year I hope they are looking for a bell cow back with great upside, not just some situational player. Turbin's status as a proven starter down the road is far from settled, so it makes sense to add another starter capable prospect and if that means Turbin eventually becomes an awesome #3 RB, so be it.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information