Golden Tate Fined

chris98251

Reaction score
As much as I disagree with his taunting this is utter Bullshit, the team was already penalized during the game for it, it was handled in house. The league now being moal hall monitors could go thru every game and fine any player they want to with this mentality. any sack, celebration or emotional outburst could be looked at.

Yes Tates was extreme and I say wrong, but the league has no business in this other then the offcials calling the penalty. This in my opinion is another example of ex 49ers in league position with an axe to grind on the Seahawks. The last two in the position have been Gene Washington and now an Ex DB Merton Hanks I think his name is.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Wonder how they came up with that number.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3ha51v0w said:
As much as I disagree with his taunting this is utter Bullshit, the team was already penalized during the game for it, it was handled in house. The league now being moal hall monitors could go thru every game and fine any player they want to with this mentality. any sack, celebration or emotional outburst could be looked at.

Yes Tates was extreme and I say wrong, but the league has no business in this other then the offcials calling the penalty. This in my opinion is another example of ex 49ers in league position with an axe to grind on the Seahawks. The last two in the position have been Gene Washington and now an Ex DB Merton Hanks I think his name is.
I'm ok with the fine,....Tate has to learn the hard way,...with $$$ out of his pocket,...if he does it again I imagine the fine will be more,...

Gap Filler

Reaction score
chris98251":2rx7qiiq said:

I disagree and I'm sick of the conspiracy theories. Steve Smith did almost the same taunting thing to the Rams the week before and was fined the same amount. I'd fine the guys even more money because its BS and although most will disagree with me I can live with that since I'm on Carrolls side.

Plus why would Merton Hanks have an axe to grind? He had a pretty successful time with the Seahawks in case you didn't know.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gap Filler":vmh4abkn said:
chris98251":vmh4abkn said:

I disagree and I'm sick of the conspiracy theories. Steve Smith did almost the same taunting thing to the Rams the week before and was fined the same amount. I'd fine the guys even more money because its BS and although most will disagree with me I can live with that since I'm on Carrolls side.

Plus why would Merton Hanks have an axe to grind? He had a pretty successful time with the Seahawks in case you didn't know.

Hands Gap his Vomit bag

print-lil-brn-brf-bg1.jpg

Use that and we can get into the Tri Lateral commission and the Knights Templar debate with the New World Order.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":2qy9y8xj said:
, it was handled in house.

What does this even mean. Just cause Pete yelled at Golden, that's that?

The league fines players all the time for unsportsmanlike conduct, why should Tate be any different?

Largent80

Reaction score
NFL has become a joke. C'mon Hawks, win the SB so I can bid adeau to this nonsense.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
chris98251":1x13r46b said:
Hands Gap his Vomit bag

Use that and we can get into the Tri Lateral commission and the Knights Templar debate with the New World Order.

Take that mess to the political forum where you can be the moral authority.

SeahawkSack

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":15xhgov4 said:

A tribute to Boeing? $7875 Fine = Boeing 787-500 (Before the aviation police correct me I realize that here is no -500 variant of the 787)

boeing-787-500gb.jpg

Kixkahn

Reaction score
NFL....PUT YOUR FEELINGS AWAY! Yes fine for illegal hits, dirty play, but because they could hurt the feelings of others by taunting is a baby attitude. This is men not little kids.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gap Filler":237frtil said:
chris98251":237frtil said:
Hands Gap his Vomit bag

Take that mess to the political forum where you can be the moral authority.

The point was ex 49er thats an executive throwing a bit of weight around, now you can get of your podium.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ud9ukuz said:
chris98251":3ud9ukuz said:

The league fines players all the time for unsportsmanlike conduct, why should Tate be any different?

They fine for using props, or sometimes planned celebrations, I didn't see either, just a taunt that started at the 25. The difference I think is this was on Monday Night and not a typical Sunday game and National audience. As far as in house, Pete and several players talked to him about it as well. He went on record as saying he understands it was a mistake etc.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
chris98251":36nv03im said:
The point was ex 49er thats an executive throwing a bit of weight around, now you can get of your podium.

I got your point and it was stupid. I guess anyone who disagrees with you is standing on a podium telling you what is right or wrong. Look in the mirror buddy, you seem to be doing a whole lot of telling everyone else that your opinion is "more right". Enjoy your conspiracy theories that Merton Hanks is out to get the Seahawks, and its because it happened on Monday Night.

JimmyB3

Reaction score
I hated seeing it. I can't stand that kind of stuff, but I am a little surprised at how much attention this is getting. Didn't it seem like the fans of other teams, the media, and the league didn't get this worked up over Sherman getting punched in the face after a game?

Rocket

Reaction score
NFL needs to change their name to the PCFL
This incessant pussification is gettin' old.

EDIT: I found the taunting to be over the top excessive, but the discussion of taking a TD for taunting is freakin' ridiculous.

You take touchdowns for penalty plays where the penalty facilitated the touchdown... holding for example. Taunting doesn't facilitate the TD.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3um13iks said:
Sgt. Largent":3um13iks said:
chris98251":3um13iks said:

They fine for using props, or sometimes planned celebrations, I didn't see either, just a taunt that started at the 25. The difference I think is this was on Monday Night and not a typical Sunday game and National audience. As far as in house, Pete and several players talked to him about it as well. He went on record as saying he understands it was a mistake etc.

No, the league fines for just about anything they see as egregious. Here's a list of weekly fines;

http://www.spotrac.com/fines-tracker/nfl/

See, plenty of unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting fines. So not, it's not just Golden, or some hairbrained conspiracy theory cause someone on the panel once cut Joe Montana's hair. Holy moly some of you guys are chronic homers.

Tate taunted. Tate was stupid. He was penalized and fined. End of story.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gap Filler":1ljim3j2 said:
chris98251":1ljim3j2 said:

I got your point and it was stupid. I guess anyone who disagrees with you is standing on a podium telling you what is right or wrong. Look in the mirror buddy, you seem to be doing a whole lot of telling everyone else that your opinion is "more right". Enjoy your conspiracy theories that Merton Hanks is out to get the Seahawks, and its because it happened on Monday Night.

I state my thoughts as my thoughts, but I don't attack a poster unlike some, if you think it's stupid fine, but bring a response argueing against the thought rather then attacking the poster making the response. Which by the way is against the forums bylaws.

Largent80

Reaction score
chris98251":27dsj5aa said:
Gap Filler":27dsj5aa said:
chris98251":27dsj5aa said:

I state my thoughts as my thoughts, but I don't attack a poster unlike some, if you think it's stupid fine, but bring a response argueing against the thought rather then attacking the poster making the response. Which by the way is against the forums bylaws.

Yeah, this dude said I am a running joke on this forum. I guess after 11 years here I am.

Here ya go.......And hawker84, any time you're in agreement with Largent80 you are doing it wrong. He's a running joke

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77621&start=140

253hawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1a59jy99 said:

Come on, taunting is exactly the same thing as Trent Williams sucker-punching Sherman in the face, so it only makes sense to have it be the same amount.

edit: other $7875 fines last week:

Mario Williams for his facemask of Drew Brees
Joe Haden for a hit out of bounds
David Nelson for unnecessary roughness on Adam Jones
Kevin Vickerson for a late hit

Yes, all totally in the same class as a guy who made no physical contact whatsoever. GG, NFL.

Latest posts