Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Saints thread of interest...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Saints thread of interest...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:12 pm
  • Those of you wanting to see a little early view of the Saints boards, here's a good one. This is what some Saints fans expect for the remainder of their season. Obviously, many of them have little knowledge of our team. This thread may be worthy of an invasion of 'Hawks fans... :twisted:

http://blackandgold.com/saints/61977-ho ... y-out.html

Enemy Forum post will be up on Friday after the Saints play the Falcons Thursday night. GO FALCONS!!!
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

RIP Les
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Re: Saints thread of interest...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:22 pm
  • Yeah, I didn't see anything crazy. They're confident in their team and they see Carolina as a bigger threat than Seattle for the most part. They are familiar w/ Carolina and that makes sense.

As you said, they probably aren't aware of what our team has dealt with while going 9-1 (not counting Sunday because we were actually healthy). I'm fine with that. I do believe that they'll feel differently after their trip to SEA.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:26 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:I do believe that they'll feel differently after their trip to SEA.

For that, I have no doubt.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:28 pm
  • I wonder if any of their fans have heard of the phrase....."Jumping from the frying pan into the fire"?

If they think that Carolina is tough....wait until they come to Seattle!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 pm
  • You would think by now EVERY NFL team's fanbase would know about Seattle being the most intimidating and difficult place to play in the entire league unless they are living under a rock.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:51 pm
  • We monkey stomp them on MNF and then see what that board looks like!
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:55 pm
  • I should register and go post Sventity's Steve Raible Vikings game highlights video over there just to "enlighten" them... Or scare the hell out of 'em! :lol:

RIP Les
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 pm
  • It's strange that they can't remember just a couple of years ago. I reeducation is in order.
    " Remember the men and women in uniform that have signed that blank check for us."
    v1rotv2
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm
  • Evil_Shenanigans wrote:We monkey stomp them on MNF and then see what that board looks like!

Monkey stomp...sounds like a plan to me.

BTW, I realize that we're all aware of this but, they sound no more confident in their team, at their fan forum, than we do in ours.
    Just saying, of course the Saints fans believe they can beat us. Sure they're delusional, but that's part of being a fan. All objectivity gets pushed aside in fandom.
    monkey
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:22 pm
  • For the most part from my experiences here and in person Saints fans are one of the better fanbases out there. But if they get cocky just show them the beastquake run again. :)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:23 pm
  • For the most part they seem cool they care about Carolina which is understandable. They do have a couple glaring holes of knowledge about the Seahawks though.

1. Percy Harvin being full go.

2. And Graham likely being matched up with Sherman more often then not if for some reason Kam forgot how to cover TE's of his ilk (Vernon Davis).

3. We rule MNF.

Regardless it's going to be an awesome game right up there with Denver's next two games, our tilt with San Francisco, and their matchups with Carolina all upcoming.
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:25 pm
  • Aros wrote:You would think by now EVERY NFL team's fanbase would know about Seattle being the most intimidating and difficult place to play in the entire league unless they are living under a rock.

I have met a few Saints fans. They know intellectually, but deep down, I really don't think they really understand just how intimidating and difficult it is to play as a visitor in the Clink. Unless you experience it for yourself, it's hard to fathom. TV doesn't do it justice.

Likewise, a lot of Saints fans will readily (if reluctantly) agree that the Saints don't do well outside a dome, but from my experience, they really don't understand what a huge difference it makes for the Saints. The stats are there, but I don't think most understand what the stats say instinctively.

In short, I think part of it is denial.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:36 pm
  • Wonder if they've thought about how they fared against the Niners vs how the Hawks did?

Both teams have played the Niners at home, so there should've been plenty of HFA for each.

At Clink: 29-3 Hawks
    At Dome: 23-20 Saints (leaving aside the understandable, but bad call on Brooks' sack)

Either the Hawks have a better HFA, are a better team, or both.
    Also, the Hawks have improved since then.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm
  • The Saints fans would argue that football isn't transitive and that the Saints merely had a bad day and that the Niners always seem to have their number (and there is some truth to it). Like I said, I think most of it is a combination of ignorance and denial.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• v1rotv2 wrote:It's strange that they can't remember just a couple of years ago. I reeducation is in order.

They remember. They list every guy they had that was out injured that game.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• monkey wrote:
    Evil_Shenanigans wrote:We monkey stomp them on MNF and then see what that board looks like!

Monkey stomp...sounds like a plan to me.

BTW, I realize that we're all aware of this but, they sound no more confident in their team, at their fan forum, than we do in ours.
    Just saying, of course the Saints fans believe they can beat us. Sure they're delusional, but that's part of being a fan. All objectivity gets pushed aside in fandom.

That's why I said they seem cool. They are very confident but no more than us really and the vast majority are in no way cocky like Pittsburgh, San Francisco, or Washington fans in my opinion.
    MizzouHawkGal

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Anybody know what Vegas is saying about the match up?
    I'm feeling good about it but the saints are fairly solid.
    If I was forced to pick 3 teams that stood a chance of beating us at home, I think the saints would make the list.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:58 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:I should register and go post Sventity's Steve Raible Vikings game highlights video over there just to "enlighten" them... Or scare the hell out of 'em! :lol:

Better to post the beastquake run. Piss 'em off.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:I should register and go post Sventity's Steve Raible Vikings game highlights video over there just to "enlighten" them... Or scare the hell out of 'em! :lol:

Better to post the beastquake run. Piss 'em off.

Meh. They're way sick of that one, plus it was a long time ago. We're a much different team now. Same with them.

RIP Les
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 pm
  • the great part is i know around here, theres lots of "bandwagon" saints fans. ones that latched on during their super bowl run. mostly women, who didnt have teams to root for and dont like to root for losing teams. should be a grand ol time at the bars, haha
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 pm
  • Was just there and registered. They are quite humble, for the most part. Way different experience than I expected. It was refreshing actually, compared to my 2 weeks of trolling the Whiners' forums. Dont know too many Saints fans down here in Tampa, but if their forum is any indication of average Saints fans, I'm impressed.
    CitrusHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:02 am
  • when seattle beats NO everyone in that thread is eating a fat crow steak with seattle WinSauce all over it
    BleedGreenNblue
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:19 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Anybody know what Vegas is saying about the match up?
    If I was forced to pick 3 teams that stood a chance of beating us at home, I think the saints would make the list.

really good poll question there.... which current NFL team do we think could come in here and win?

I'm just not sure. you'd want to say Denver (maybe) then you watch them get pummeled by Indy. Carolina? I like our D against Cam. 9ers.... nope. Saints... maybe, but they (Brees) clearly struggle (to a point) outside of their dome.

tough question really. Detroit kind of scares me in the playoffs (should they make it)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:32 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Anybody know what Vegas is saying about the match up?

No doubt Vegas will put this line at Seahawks -3 or so. It might start at a -4 to get New Orleans fans betting then move to -2.5 or possibly closer to -1.5.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 am
  • I would think if any team were to overlook, underestimate the Seahawks it wouldn't be the Saints fans. Beast Quake anyone?!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:52 pm
  • I was reading (thanks for the link) and for the most part the Saints fanbase seems knowledgable. Yes a lot of those people think their team is ready to come to Clink and whip our ass. I cant blame them for thinking this. They have a great coach and qb ,and all is possible if you have this. They are better than most teams we will face this year.

I don't see this happening. Were too damn good this year. We just now have our starting o-line and #11.

Not trying to be a jerk , I don't see anyone coming to Seattle and leaving with a win.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:32 pm
  • v1rotv2 wrote:It's strange that they can't remember just a couple of years ago.

Are you referring to the crowd noise or to the Seahawks team that gave up 36 points to Brees and won because Matt Hasselbeck knew how to pick on a strong safety having a bad day? This isn't the 2010 team anymore.

...this is BETTER. :twisted:

I hope the Saints are looking past us the same way their fans are.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:35 pm
  • Hope everyone at the game is on their best behavior. I was at Saints reg season game in 2010 and their fans were total class.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:40 pm
  • a bit off topic, but this Atlanta crowd tonight is total crap. I know they aren't the most passionate fan base, but atleast fill the seats and make some noise for a prime time game.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:55 pm
  • I registered there. Pretty classy bunch in my opinion.
    MizzouHawkGal

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:57 pm
  • nsport wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Anybody know what Vegas is saying about the match up?

No doubt Vegas will put this line at Seahawks -3 or so. It might start at a -4 to get New Orleans fans betting then move to -2.5 or possibly closer to -1.5.

No doubt? I completely disagree. I think the line will end at around Seattle -5 or 6.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 pm
  • After tonight? Not sure given this is like a St. Louis game they get up for each other no matter what.
    MizzouHawkGal

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information