Alright, LET HIM HAVE IT!!!! Elliot Harrison thread.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
I usually get annoyed by oversensitive fan bases when media has something to say against their team (and the annoyance includes our own fan base), but this is another level.

Elliott Harrison broke down the Seahawks/Saints game by position/position group.
Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... right-ship

Quarterback: Saints
Running game: Seahawks
Receivers: Saints
Special teams: Saints
Pass rush: Saints
Run defense: Seahawks
Secondary: Seahawks
Coaching: Saints

I can't even fathom this. We are having one of the best special teams seasons in recent HISTORY, and that's with 1 return attempt from the BEST KR in football (Percy). I get the difficulty in being a national writer and having in depth knowledge of every team, but this is just sheer laziness, especially for the game he highlighted and gave the most points on.

Hit up his twitter and educate the man!

@Harrison_NFL

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rest easy my friend, Pete already said last week that the reins are now off Percy as far as KO's. He's the man.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
1. Seattle Seahawks: +31.5
(Penalty Rank 2nd, Tackling Efficiency Rank 1st)
Truthfully, there are 31 other special teams units and then there are the Seattle Seahawks. They do things differently from their mass use of starters to the way they attack every opportunity. Obviously it helps to have brilliant players like Heath Farwell and budding superstar, Jeremy Lane but they are just the icing on the cake. This would be a Top-5 group without them – with them, no one else is close.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... l-teams/2/

I hope everyone and their mom picks the Saints to win. Just make sure the Seahawk players know about it.

A

Anonymous

I love it when we for whatever reasons aren't favored in a game or things go against us off the field - like with BB and Thurmond. Players and fans feed of it and everyone connected with Hawks will feed of it again Monday. Look for a statement win like week two against the whiners.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Most of the out of town analysts just arnt educated on the team.

I been listening to sirius NFL radio all morning. They been picking the games. Several hosts, John Madden included have been talking about the challenge the Hawks will face on Monday with the loss of Brandon Browner due to suspension.

Makes me want to punch the radio.

OP
OP
B

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":155iklob said:

I been listening to sirius NFL radio all morning. They been picking the games. Several hosts, John Madden included have been talking about the challenge the Hawks will face on Monday with the loss of Brandon Browner due to suspension.

Wow, really? That's ridiculous. Yep, a challenge is presented due to a loss of a DB...WTIII.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1bs87ata said:

You want to punch the radio because John Madden said the Hawks will be challenged on Monday? Err, it's the NFL, every week's a challenge. Not sure why you'd be all bent out of shape.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":1yw8ybq5 said:
I usually get annoyed by oversensitive fan bases when media has something to say against their team (and the annoyance includes our own fan base), but this is another level.

Elliott Harrison broke down the Seahawks/Saints game by position/position group.

I can't even fathom this. We are having one of the best special teams seasons in recent HISTORY, and that's with 1 return attempt from the BEST KR in football (Percy). I get the difficulty in being a national writer and having in depth knowledge of every team, but this is just sheer laziness, especially for the game he highlighted and gave the most points on.

@Harrison_NFL

Pass rush is close as well. Considering we have missed starters at those positions for a few games this year, and still trail the Saints by just a few sacks, tihs would be more like a draw....

Wonder why we lose the coaching category??

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":776weasd said:
Tech Worlds":776weasd said:

You want to punch the radio because John Madden said the Hawks will be challenged on Monday? Err, it's the NFL, every week's a challenge. Not sure why you'd be all bent out of shape.

You did not read my post very well. Read again and get back to be.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":sgn3bkrm said:
Tech Worlds":sgn3bkrm said:

No, he wants to punch the radio because national guys like Madden don't even know that we were without Browner anyway, thus his suspension means nothing in the context of this Monday evening...

OP
OP
B

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ovuq0cus said:
Tech Worlds":ovuq0cus said:

No, he wants to punch the radio because of how uneducated that specific analysis is. I have no problem with someone picking the Saints, that's their prerogative. Read the Browner line again...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":2pod9zzw said:

@Harrison_NFL
Never heard of the guy. Just another idiot with an opinion.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I take more exception to the receivers section. Colston has been non-existant this year along with Moore. Stills is having a great rookie season, but still I'd take Percy/Tate/Baldy/Kearse.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":232qs8bt said:
Tech Worlds":232qs8bt said:

So many people read the topic, then make up their mind what they are going to say before they even understand what is going on.

They look for a post that they can use to make their point but are so hell bent on pushing it that they don't read or comprehend the post and end up looking silly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":3uzjf78a said:
Sgt. Largent":3uzjf78a said:
Tech Worlds":3uzjf78a said:

So many people read the topic, then make up their mind what they are going to say before they even understand what is going on.

They look for a post that they can use to make their point but are so hell bent on pushing it that they don't read or comprehend the post and end up looking silly.

No, I got the point. "outside people don't understand that Lane and Maxwell are super awesome too!" Maybe they'll do fine, but it's still a big concern for any team losing two starting DB's, even teams with good depth like the Hawks.

This is especially true playing one of the top passing teams and QB's in the league, who play four wide A LOT. Thus no need to get bent out of shape over someone saying we'll be "challenged." OMG NOT CHALLENGED! HOW DARE THEY!

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ctp90a8 said:
Tech Worlds":1ctp90a8 said:

That there part.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
ivotuk":2fhofq27 said:

THIS. SO DAMN MUCH OF THIS!!

Been noticing that a lot around here lately and it is very aggravating-almost seems intentional until you realize there could be a legitimate deficiency in the ability to read and comprehend.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Meh...
Who cares?
Elliot is a Nancy Boy, more worried about how he looks than anything else.
You should always consider the source.
Seems to me that they want the Saint's to win more than they'll admit.
Just think how disappointed they're all going to be!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":275o1kln said:
ivotuk":275o1kln said:
Sgt. Largent":275o1kln said:
Tech Worlds":275o1kln said:

No, I got the point. "outside people don't understand that Lane and Maxwell are super awesome too!" Maybe they'll do fine, but it's still a big concern for any team losing two starting DB's, even teams with good depth like the Hawks.

This is especially true playing one of the top passing teams and QB's in the league, who play four wide A LOT. Thus no need to get bent out of shape over someone saying we'll be "challenged." OMG NOT CHALLENGED! HOW DARE THEY!

You still didn't read the post.