the giants are pretty much done, I wouldn't be shocked if we win by 20+

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on them laying down for us

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3n0oiywp said:

nope, and after that clobbering by SD and seeing us lost, they will want to play tough.

I hope we put our foot on their throats early.

Sigh, gonna be a long week.

Seaswab

Reaction score
We better take care of business against those clowns

NJlargent

Reaction score
We historically play poorly there with the exception of the last game. I expect the game to come right down to the wire. plus the Giants want to play spoilers

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I don't expect a blowout. On anyone the rest of the season. But I still think we can and should win. I hope the team can stay focused. And clean up the play damnit. Tired of looking for yellow flags after each play.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1k4d79a0 said:
hawkfannj":1k4d79a0 said:

nope, and after that clobbering by SD and seeing us lost, they will want to play tough.

Just to make sure I'm getting this right...

If they would have won today, that also would have fit a narrative for you that they were likely to play us tough, right?
"Oh man, they got killed today, they're gonna be mad next week."
"Oh man, they won today, they're really on a roll. They'll be tough."
"Oh man, they lost a close game. They're going to be chomping at the bit to get back out there."

Basically...if you want to be worried about this game, you would just use one of the above stories to help support it, right? So it wouldn't matter at all what they did today?

Not that the Giants couldn't give us a challenge, but at this point spread we'll win ~70% of the time. I'll take that.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I no longer expect blowouts with this team especially when it comes to road games, mainly because we never have blowouts on the road. Also, as many have stated, we always come out flat and sluggish on the road, if that happens again than we have a great chance of being upset. These last 3 weeks are not going to be easy.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":n2fwno0v said:
I no longer expect blowouts with this team especially when it comes to road games, mainly because we never have blowouts on the road. Also, as many have stated, we always come out flat and sluggish on the road, if that happens again than we have a great chance of being upset. These last 3 weeks are not going to be easy.

What happened in our road games at Arizona and Atlanta? You don't call those blowouts?

Vpk0718

Reaction score
This actually the game I'm least worried about of the last three, even though it's the only one on the road. Hawks should take of business.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":zay751ih said:
Blitzer88":zay751ih said:

What happened in our road games at Arizona and Atlanta? You don't call those blowouts?

Okay, let me put it this way. Road blowouts are a very rare thing for our Hawks.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3qfa1osh said:
Okay, let me put it this way. Road blowouts are a very rare thing for our Hawks.

I mean...two in seven games really isn't too rare. We've had three games where we were 6+ point favorites and two of them ended in blowouts. The other ones were supposed to be close. This game fits into the 6+ point favorite category.

Worry away if you like I guess, but there's no reason not to expect good things next week.

mikeak

Reaction score
This is free money. Haven't invested in sports futures all year but might get back in it

AgentDib

Reaction score
I would have said 10 points. This is a bit lower but in the neighborhood, and I expect it to go up if we hear good things about Wright and Harvin.

One cool reason to win this week would be to push our road record to 6-2. We have never won six before and it would be great to do so this year.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
AgentDib":2g8907dx said:
I would have said 10 points. This is a bit lower but in the neighborhood, and I expect it to go up if we hear good things about Wright and Harvin.

One cool reason to win this week would be to push our road record to 6-2. We have never won six before and it would be great to do so this year.

KJ is out for 6 weeks with a broken foot.

sutz

Reaction score
2013 Seahawks 5-2 on the road. 3-1 at 10am.

We're good.

:)