Offensive line ranking--#27

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
We’ll never get to experience what it’s like to have a Top 5 offensive line in this league.

Seems like a pipe dream, honestly.

At least not with this front office.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Before the draft, Cross was on most of my mocks, I was so happy that we drafted him!! Towards that end of last season, I started to question Cross' progress, as I couldn't see any. At that time, I started thread (first link below) questioning the performance of Cross. This season, he got hurt on first game, but I didn't see any progress since he came back from injury. So far, he played like a mediocre journeyman, I call him Mr. One yard. ie he always got pushed one yard too close to Geno,

Cross has been very mediocre, Lucas was better last year and really need him back. hope his knee isn't chronic.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Cross has been very mediocre, Lucas was better last year and really need him back. hope his knee isn't chronic.
OMG, now that Cross has been outed as sucking, we don't just need a QBOTF, we need a LTOTF too??!!
Holy Matzo Balls, Batman, who can we trade for draft picks now??

toffee

Reaction score
To my untrained eyes, Cross is doable, marginally league average, but he hasn't play or even flash like a franchise LT.

Smellyman

Reaction score
To my untrained eyes, Cross is doable, marginally league average, but he hasn't play or even flash like a franchise LT.
he may have sweet feet as they say and moves really well, but he needs a lot more anchor. He gets bullied and bull rushed often.

toffee

Reaction score
he may have sweet feet as they say and moves really well, but he needs a lot more anchor. He gets bullied and bull rushed often.
My observation too, even when he stopped the pass rusher, the two of them would be very close to Geno. Quite sure Geno didn't appreciate having

Jville

Reaction score
Cross is still nursing a troublesome ankle. He moves better on two good ankles. His run blocking has improved this year.

Stone Forsythe is leading all tackles in snaps at a 69% clip. He's making the most of his opportunity. I think he may have a legitimate shot at a second contract. Especially if Abe Lucas has a chronic knee problem.

Evan Brown leads all linemen in snaps. Playing 86.6% of available snaps to date. He comes closest to an iron man among linemen.

Seems to me that the line is becoming accustom to rotating linemen.

Health permitting, I believe the best is yet to come.

toffee

Reaction score
I have been hoping for the extra 15,lbs of muscle on Cross, so he could anchor better.

Or

If Lucas came back and play well, we could try swapping these two, and try Lucas at LT. Just for.look see.