Best run of the day. Our #24

amill87

Reaction score
That run alone is why I am not worried about Lynch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah John Lynch put it best on that TD "Marshawn Lynch just wants it more than you. Period."

Although Marshawn scares the hell out of me when he does that by the goal line, seems so close sometimes to getting the ball knocked out of his hands when he's fighting to get in.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd just like to take this opportunity to congratulate Marshawn Lynch on his awesome impression of a New Orleans Saints running back. 6 receptions for 75 yards? What the derp was that!? That's not Marshawn's game! :D

Love to see him being dynamic like that. I've been noticing him laying some pretty stiff pass blocks too. The guy's just a special dude. So happy he's a Hawk...

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Marshawn has the best pass block in the league, he just takes out any dude running full speed at him. I can't help buy have a man crush on him. Such a beast of a person as well as a player. So much respect

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Am I wrong, or did Lynch kind of punch the linebacker with the ball when the guy tried to grab at it? Looked like he knocked him on his ass with a ball punch.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":g0lr6v6v said:
Yeah John Lynch put it best on that TD "Marshawn Lynch just wants it more than you. Period."

Although Marshawn scares the hell out of me when he does that by the goal line, seems so close sometimes to getting the ball knocked out of his hands when he's fighting to get in.

^ This. ML is my favorite player in this league, but the 2 words I would use to describe that run are (in order) Reckless. Tough. Lynch has got to do a better job of protecting the ball in such situations. He almost cost us a PO game in DC last year in a very similar situation. Love the man, but that's not how you carry a football in the NFL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkWow":17symgm3 said:
Sgt. Largent":17symgm3 said:

^ This. ML is my favorite player in this league, but the 2 words I would use to describe that run are (in order) Reckless. Tough. Lynch has got to do a better job of protecting the ball in such situations. He almost cost us a PO game in DC last year in a very similar situation. Love the man, but that's not how you carry a football in the NFL.

I don't think this is something that you can teach Lynch not to do...........and it's probably not something you WANT to teach him not to do. For every fumble he loses because he won't go down there's another 10 TD's or 1st downs he does get.

It's who he is, he ain't changing. But it still makes me nervous!

253hawk

Reaction score
In Lynch's defense, it always seems like it's an errant helmet near the goal line from guys going low that knocks the ball loose; those are all but impossible to hold onto. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I can't recall him ever fumbling between the 20's by having it straight ripped out by a defender while running upright.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bwvyuzb said:
HawkWow":2bwvyuzb said:
Sgt. Largent":2bwvyuzb said:

I don't think this is something that you can teach Lynch not to do...........and it's probably not something you WANT to teach him not to do. For every fumble he loses because he won't go down there's another 10 TD's or 1st downs he does get.

It's who he is, he ain't changing. But it still makes me nervous!

You're correct. I suppose I should just enjoy that extra rush that comes with such recklessness. Like when your favorite fighter gets knocked down...but comes off the canvas to win. But it's aging me. I can feel it. ; )

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
According to CLETE BLAKEMAN's Crew, Marshawn Lynch was down by his "stalled forward progress" after his first effort.

Sorry, I just don't think I can get over that Crabtree fumble call and how Refs changed it to make it unchallengeable...In my book, it was 100x worse than what half the nation feels about the "Fail Mary" call. (Scott Kacsmar knows the truth in which he showed frame by frame photographic evidence that Tate not only caught the ball first but established possession with both feet on the ground while Jennings was still in the air. Why it a called a TD by the line judge?, why it was upheld by the replay official, and why it was upheld as a correct call by the NFL. There was a reason why ESPN only showed the one angle of the play, and not the back end shot that many of us in Washington got to see thanks to Q13)

Here's to seeing San Francisco this post-season for another Emerald City smack down.