24' Hawk Reload

Seahawker

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread to get everyones perspective on what JS & MM should do to improve this team in 2024.

My view with limited resources:
Offense.
2- IOL
1- Serviceable backup swing OT.
QB- We know we will take one, but we don't know in what round or at what cost.

Defense:
2- DT
2- LB
1- Safety

4 Offense, 5 Defense, 9 major moves, maybe 4 draft, 5 FA. Fill out the rest of the roster with UDFA's, day 3 guys & roster churn hits.
With Geno and our offensive weapons we should be solid with OLine upgrades and an improved OC.
Defensively fix the front 7 and step up from Hurtt.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If they decide to draft a young left-handed QB, then the RT becomes an important position. With Lucas health being questionable, they would need to address that position.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I will be interested to see if our draft philosophy changes with the new HC. This is MM’s first draft. We always grabbed an OL and DL, but Pete mostly built his teams from back to front.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Gotta solidify this defensive line…

I think the offensive line is not far from being good, honestly.

Issues with RT with Lucas being healthy is concerning and the drop off with Cross is also concerning but since they are young and will have some rest and Lucas getting surgery it may help this season…otherwise you may need to draft a new Center (JPJ I like) and kick out Oluatimi to Guard (although he’s a true Center) and draft another RT just in case….

Defensive line….that had no shades of the unit playing cohesively, but, that was also a coaching issue which I think can be quickly corrected….

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We will need some work in the secondary too but I'm hoping we hit on a safety in the draft

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Someone else mentioned this, but I think we'll see the team pluck some gems out of UDFA's this year and I'm excited to see who the next Bobo will be (in other positions)

JesseOh

Reaction score
I kinda hope we trade back get some more picks because we have couple years before it's complete but we can add depth. I think trading back getting picks and then i like McCarthy if available. Even if Geno starts next year because I think he restructures, JJ i think could be the next SB winning Seattle QB.

bileever

Reaction score
The defensive failure of the last few years come out of Pete's ignoring the formula of his earlier success. In the two Super Bowl years, we had the great run stoppers in the middle and Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril as pass rushers, plus a young Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright. (Just like the 49ers, with Hargrave and Armstead in the middle and Bosa and Chase on the ends, with All-Pro Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw at LB.) Mafe and Nwosu are good, but they're not Bennett and Avril. I don't know what we have in the middle of the D-line, and linebackers are a complete question mark. So I think we have a long way to go.

GemCity

Reaction score
Draft linemen on both sides of the ball.

Work with what we’ve got as they develop.

I’m on the fence with this next statement but, think about trading away some big names for picks or future collateral.

I know JS mentioned that he thinks the talent is there to compete now. What else is a GM supposed to say? MM, as a first year coach, signed a SIX year deal. I can’t help but believe that JS and MM know exactly where this team is at. They know exactly how much time they’ll need. Spoiler alert - it’s not happening in. ‘24.

It’s time to build this thing out in a proper manner.

Blowing our load this year isn’t going to result in the change necessary to make this club a real threat.

Aside from WR, RB, and DB, they could literally go BPA and have a hole that needs to be filled on this squad.

Fans don’t like to hear stuff like this…I get it. But why not try to see how we look after we fortify the trenches? Get STRONG up front and watch everything fall into place.

Latest posts