Defensive MVP?

Renohawk

Reaction score
Ok, lots of talk about who is going to win Defensive MVP, I believe it will be in Seattle with a LOB, but who?

My vote goes for ET, the man just does everything and makes up for others mistakes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A lot of good choices out there, sounds like Quinn from St. Louis will be the frontrunner. Maybe Luke K. out in Carolina. I think ET or Sherm would be very good choices, but you know how the NFL is.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I would love it for the DPOY to be anyone but Earl or Sherm. They already play with a chip on their shoulder, being snubbed would only add more fuel to their fire.

TJH

Reaction score
It's not going to be a Seattle player.

Both Quinn and Watt deserve it more, but it also might go to Keuchkekhkhly because he's become a bit of a media darling.

TJH

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1cnyli1x said:
being snubbed would only add more fuel to their fire.

Why would it be a "snub"? There are some players who have had extremely good years aroudn the league.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I think because both Sherman and Thomas had DPOY caliber years, neither of them will get it. They will split the Seattle vote, where their combined votes would have been enough for the win.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
TJH":1p1cr5vu said:
ludakrishna":1p1cr5vu said:
being snubbed would only add more fuel to their fire.

Why would it be a "snub"? There are some players who have had extremely good years aroudn the league.

In the eyes of Earl and Sherm, they're the best in the league. If they don't win, count on them feeling snubbed. After the beatdown of the Saints, Earl was picking on the mediots as he was walking off the field. Everytime they feel disrespected, they go out and make a statement.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, if I am a betting man, I would easily bet it won't be a Seahawk. One, there's some defensive players out there truly deserving of the award and two, well, you know.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I've said all along it should go to Thomas if it's going to go to a Seahawk defender.

the way ET covers the field allows our defense to operate the way it does. The net result is basically having an extra half-player on defense. Without that, we don't get away with doing the press and man-to-man coverage schemes we do, nor is Kam Chancellor able to be Kam Chancellor because he needs to go back and play a more traditional SS role.

ET = way better than the stats that show up for him in the box score; his stats are the stats of the whole defense.

suppaball

Reaction score
Hawknballs":vaopy3uw said:
I've said all along it should go to Thomas if it's going to go to a Seahawk defender.

the way ET covers the field allows our defense to operate the way it does. The net result is basically having an extra half-player on defense. Without that, we don't get away with doing the press and man-to-man coverage schemes we do, nor is Kam Chancellor able to be Kam Chancellor because he needs to go back and play a more traditional SS role.

ET = way better than the stats that show up for him in the box score; his stats are the stats of the whole defense.
This, that is all.

Subzero717

Reaction score
If we are talking league, it will go to Kuechly. Voters that know Hawks will have this conversation with themselves and give it to Luke.

My vote is Sherm. His play has sky rocketed since all this talk began, while Earl has had a few rough plays that have been magnified.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd love for Earle to win, but wouldn't that increase his contract leverage even more?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I think that Sherman's year was just a little bit better than Thomas, and I love Thomas. However, Sherman was thrown at the third fewest times in the league, gave up the second lowest percentage of completions, was in the top three in opposing QB rating for passes intended for his target, and still managed to lead the league in interceptions. That is some kind of incredible.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
With two different Hawks in the runnings they aren't going to get it cause fans can only vote for one.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
TJH":7ag17pao said:
It's not going to be a Seattle player.

Both Quinn and Watt deserve it more, but it also might go to Keuchkekhkhly because he's become a bit of a media darling.

Watt's team lost 14 straight games. 14. He's awesome, but that's not "Most Valuable".

It won't be a Seahawk, of course. I think Quinn deserves it, but both Earl and Sherm deserve serious consideration.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Quinn or Mathis will win. It's still a stats bases award. While a JJ Watt or an ET certainly are most valuable to making the whole defense work, they're still going to look at the individual accomplishments of the player.

Mathis has 9 more sacks than Watt this year and four more forced fumbles. Quinn has near identical numbers to Mathis.

It's not going to be Watt or Earl's year.

warden

Reaction score
MVP awards no longer go the the best player of the year, they go to the best stats. The players with the best stats are going to be the sack leaders.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":2gf3uhil said:
Yep, if I am a betting man, I would easily bet it won't be a Seahawk. One, there's some defensive players out there truly deserving of the award and two, well, you know.
Are you suggesting what I think you are, that there is a(n east coast media) bias against our Seahawks? Naw, that can't be it. Must be something I'm not "getting". :sarcasm_off:

TJH

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3hc7nygj said:
Watt's team lost 14 straight games. 14. He's awesome, but that's not "Most Valuable".

And you're putting those losses on him? THat's the dumbest thing I've ever read here and that's saying a lot.

He might have had the two best back-to-back years by a dlineman in NFL history.