Best thing you'll read all day: Russell's dad

seahawks08

Reaction score
amazing, really a wonderful insight. Thanks for sharing.

HawkStar3

Reaction score
I took you up on your "best thing" challenge. This really is the best thing I have read in awhile. It is a bit long but so worht it! Thanks for posting.
So much good stuff in here. Some good tidbits and a ton of insight on how Russell Wilson became Russell Wilson.

One of my favorite parts was this:

"When Russell got to Wisconsin, his compulsions stunned and amused his new coach. As the Badgers practiced the week before their first away game, Bret Bielema noticed that Wilson's head kept swiveling to a certain part of the stadium before each snap.

"I'm thinking what the devil is this kid looking at?" said Bielema, now at Arkansas. "Well, he'd gone on the Internet and looked up where we were playing and found out where the [play] clock was. It's in a different location in every stadium, and he was training his eyes to go to that part of the stadium as he took every snap."

86Hawk

Reaction score
You weren't kidding. This is the best article I have read in a while. Man were lucky to have Russell Wilson.

Erebus

Reaction score
I don't know man. It was a great article, but so was the one about the Legion of Boom, and I read both today. Not sure which is better.

OP
OP
D

Dietrich

Reaction score
Erebus":rvpmr6bz said:
I don't know man. It was a great article, but so was the one about the Legion of Boom, and I read both today. Not sure which is better.

Can't blame you for that. I liked that article a lot too.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I am reminded of a quote by a film director that I like:

"I do not prepare myself to receive. I prepare myself to give thanks."

In other words, in his mind, receiving is already and option, and he is looking beyond to that state of gratitude he must be in after meeting his goals and accomplishments. I think Russell's mind works a bit like that.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Great article. It's amazing what a positive impact can have on a young person's life.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Just when I think I have heard everything about RW's preperation, I read about him simulating where the time clock is in the visiting stadium.