Ya we have problems, but did we lose?

strohmin

Reaction score
Jeez.... Alot of people around here make it sound like we lost today. Are we that spoiled to think we should do every single thing right and blow out every team every week? There was a point where the Saints destroyed the Panthers and beat the whiners. The saints had some really big breaks this game that allowed them to get back in this game. We are missing KJ Wright, who I feel is a big part of why our run defense is so good and allows the LOB the oppurtunities to play pass defense.

Ya we have some problems to fix, but next week is a different team. Whether it is the Panthers or the Whiners, how we played today will have no bearing on how we play next week because we are going up a whole different style of football. Even if we destroyed the Saints, it still wouldn't guarantee a victory next week. This is the playoffs and sometimes you are going to have to score your ass off and sometimes you are going to have play crazy awesome defense. In the end, it all comes down to who gets the breaks.

Save the negativity for the regular season! We have a huge game next week!

All that matters is WINNING! Now enjoy the god damn victory! and get ready to cheer your asses off next week!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I was disappointed the offense didn't play better, but dang I had a great time at the game today and was ecstatic we won. Still on a high about it. But realistically, we gotta see the team put out a more consistent offensive effort the next 2 games.

Johnny

Reaction score
We won there is no problem(s) on this team :179417:

Just because people 'talk' about what went wrong in a game doesn't mean they are crying.... It just means that they are people that see that this team isn't the greatest in the league....

We have a Super Bowl Defense, We have a Super Bowl ST's, We have a Super Bowl RB (Lynch), "But"..... Our Offense as a whole is terrible.... and that's a fact.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Johnny":2fnwgofc said:

Just because people 'talk' about what went wrong in a game doesn't mean they are crying.... It just means that they are people that see that this team isn't the greatest in the league....

We have a Super Bowl Defense, We have a Super Bowl ST's, We have a Super Bowl RB (Lynch), "But"..... Our Offense as a whole is terrible.... and that's a fact.
Your offense is terrible?
Lol ya whatever dude, troll your own board much?
Your D, O line and run game were great and your qb didn't turn the ball over or make any crucial errors. NFL playoff history is littered with winners doing those very basic things. That's a fact.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We've been complaining about the offense ALL YEAR. They started off with a 12 pt game, but won. They lost 3/5ths of the oline. They barely beat a crappy Houston team. Barely beat the Bucs. Struggled all year long.

And WON.

All year, counting today, with an offense that has RARELY looked good, they have won 14 and only lost 3.

If they look like crap on offense next week - and against either defense they'll be facing they probably will - and if they look like crap on offense in the Super Bowl, but they WIN then who the frak cares? I mean really? They are who they are and that's an incredible defense that shuts down opponents with an offense that doesn't dazzle, looks mediocre, but doesn't make mistakes and makes just enough big plays to beat the opponent with a surprising amount of points when the game is over, mostly thanks to the defense and special teams giving them just enough good field position to take the occasional drive to the endzone/FG.

Wilson has plenty of sub 200 games, plenty of 200 yd games. Very rarely does he have a 300 yard game. And sometimes Lynch doesn't have a good day either AND WE STILL WIN.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The point of this board is to discuss the team. Otherwise we would have a single web page that says "We won" without allowing any discussion.

The nature of the discussion is organic, usually based on what the team to needs to improve on to be successful.

Johnny

Reaction score
Weadoption":q6haaude said:
Johnny":q6haaude said:

Your offense is terrible?
Lol ya whatever dude, troll your own board much?
Your D, O line and run game were great and your qb didn't turn the ball over or make any crucial errors. NFL playoff history is littered with winners doing those very basic things. That's a fact.

yawn!

Our Offense as a 'whole' has been bad over the past 5-6 weeks... and that's a fact. ya hear me dude?

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
What bothers me is the posts like

"If our offense plays like this, then we are going to lose."

How the hell do you know we are going to lose? Maybe our defense plays better than the 85 bears next week. Sure it helps if our offense would play better, but how are you going to lay down and predict a loss without taking into account our god damn defense? Every team has their identity and ours happens to be our defense and run game. I don't think Russell is playing as bad as people are making it out to be. Brees certainly played like crap, but their run game kept them in the game. We didnt turn the ball over and gave our defense the oppurtunity to win us the game. If our defense plays like they have been playing the past four or five games, then I don't see it being an easy game for the whiners or panthers.

Latest posts