Drew is Not the Starter, but...

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Absolute horse manure. These situations are nothing like one another. If Lock in relief had been head and shoulders above the rest of his competition, AT ANY POINT, then you'd have a point. But that hasn't happened. Russ left no doubt. Lock did nothing of note.

Outrageous false equivalency.
Funny because when Drew Lock took a designed QB draw up the middle against an above average Giants run defense, he looked like greased lightning and gained 10?

Geno on the exact same play against a lesser Bengals run defense looked like cement legs who did nothing.

Equivalency.

I'm not saying start him. I'm saying Geno looks absolute horse manure during long stretches of multiple games now, which does not equivocate to let's hitch our wagon to this guy no matter what, no matter when-- unless you just don't have always compete at the forefront anymore. Hell at this rate why isn't anyone, including you the #1 Geno fanboi, crying about where was Geno when Russ was sucking it up? Are you telling me based on your logic above, that Geno just never showed Pete this potential and that Russ always lit it up in practice and Geno was NYJ full tropic thunder Geno and that in 2022 somehow the lights just came on? No way. your own logic is self defeating. Or just go ahead and tell me you think Russ>Geno>Drew. Either that's true or Pete's evaluation system is flawed and favors golden boys and starting Russ over Flynn was just a fortunate aberration. If Pete's the same guy philosophically and mentally who benched a well paid Flynn, then why not Geno over Russ ever? According to you, the talent HAD to be self evident throughout practice, games etc...So go on, Russ>Geno, right?

""Lock did nothing of note""--> just goes to show your blind allegience to anything forward thinking, his only drive was a TD drive and in the same game your wonder boy Geno had a TD with the shortest possible field to go, and a FG drive, finishing with like a 110 yds 🤣. Mind you in a game where the defense was destroying the opponent, giving him plenty of stat boosting opportunity....Looks like Lock did plenty to me!

I want to remind you Geno has 2 games of less than 112 yds. TWO TIMES.

Zack Wilson's lowest total in a game this year is 140. Sam Howell had 1 game at 150. bryce young's lowest is 146, and josh dobbs had a game with 132.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
In what world is 2 for 6 for sixteen yards in the air (not counting the forty-seven YAC for Fant) is better than what Geno has done this season?

Some of you act like the Bengals under this D-Coordinator didn't make Josh Allen look pathetic in the playoffs last season. Some of you act like the Benglas under this D-Coordinator didn't make Patrick Mahomes look normal two seasons ago. This guy knows what he is doing and he outdueled Shane Waldron in our game.
why conveniently take out Lock's best play? The edge pressure was lightning, and Lock had terrific instincts in feeling it to scramble right and even give the play a chance. I'm about 60-65% sure Geno takes a sack there. Anything you credit Geno for is going to be gifted Tyler's YAC, Dissly's YAC, etc also.

How about to answer your question - ''in what world", how about the world where he outperformed him in the same game, so we can see man to man comparison vs the same defense with the same offensive line???

Secondly it's hard to give Cincy credit when Geno throws terrible INT's and takes sacks, like on a 4th down with the game on the line for instance with virtually no time, (ie, throw the ball up for grabs no matter what - even a jr high QB could)

Cincy's D coordinator didn't look so hot when his defense left DK metcalf completely wide open for a TD and Geno has his balls in his hand dum-dikkin around in the pocket.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
I believe it was reported that Lock hurt his ankle in practice last week and didn’t travel with the team to Cincy. Putting Ahlers in that situation would not have been good. So had to roll with Smith.
As i understand he was active.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
why conveniently take out Lock's best play? The edge pressure was lightning, and Lock had terrific instincts in feeling it to scramble right and even give the play a chance. I'm about 60-65% sure Geno takes a sack there. Anything you credit Geno for is going to be gifted Tyler's YAC, Dissly's YAC, etc also.

Secondly it's hard to give Cincy credit when Geno throws terrible INT's and takes sacks, like on a 4th down with the game on the line for instance with virtually no time, (ie, throw the ball up for grabs no matter what - even a jr high QB could)

Cincy's D coordinator didn't look so hot when his defense left DK metcalf completely wide open for a TD and Geno has his balls in his hand dum-dikkin around in the pocket.
And also, JSN. Geno basically ignored him.