Offense set up for big game?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I know the 49ers have a great defense. But after what Lynch did to the Saints I see the 9ers selling out on the run. Could set up a big day for Big Russ if he can get out of the pocket and make some throws down field. With or without Percy I see a great opportunity for the offense.

Seeker

Reaction score
There will be no wind this game.
niners are thinking we don't score, will be caught completely off guard.
and Lamborghini Percy will play.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HawkFan72":13dut4nu said:
Yeah the gameplan will be to make Wilson beat them. I sure hope he's up for the task.

I remember at the beginning of the season I would love teams to do that as I know Russell would tear them up, now.........I really have no confidence in Russell's ability to pass with accuracy consistently.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3atfia0s said:
HawkFan72":3atfia0s said:
Yeah the gameplan will be to make Wilson beat them. I sure hope he's up for the task.

I remember at the beginning of the season I would love teams to do that as I know Russell would tear them up, now.........I really have no confidence in Russell's ability to pass with accuracy consistently.

Yeah, never thought our problem would be Wilson...throwing bad...not running when he should....then if he does, he waits way too long.

He needs to control the game...if we do not have the 5 yd short pass....RUN!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3c9dk6ko said:
HawkFan72":3c9dk6ko said:

Hmm interesting he is over 60% completion in 4 of the last 6 games, I am very confident in it, now I am not as confident in play calling or Wr getting open though

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawksmode":1gws61tc said:
Blitzer88":1gws61tc said:
HawkFan72":1gws61tc said:

Yeah, never thought our problem would be Wilson...throwing bad...not running when he should....then if he does, he waits way too long.

You want that you need to talk to the coaches this is their game plan, and they have told RW not to run unless he has no choice.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Anthony!":1r97m5yz said:
hawksmode":1r97m5yz said:
Blitzer88":1r97m5yz said:
HawkFan72":1r97m5yz said:

You want that you need to talk to the coaches this is their game plan, and they have told RW not to run unless he has no choice.

Well...he sometimes does not have a choice.

I think in some ways you may be right....they may have told him not to run so that he does not get hurt. But in this game...he will have to make a hard choice...he plays well....they win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Every game is a great opportunity. I see is still sputtering on offense, unfortunately. We'll see what happens...Can't wait to find out; but if we're the ones that let the 49ers into the Super Bowl...

I can't even contemplate it. We MUST win.

Penman96

Reaction score
I think Russ will have the mandate to run in this game. Agree that the game plan might have limited his options over the last two months, maybe the coaching staff was trying to re-brand the offense or protect Russ or something. Defenses have played the edges better as well...that has to leave the middle open more but I haven't seen us able to take advantage lately.

Obviously all that playing-it-safe planning can be put aside now, it's time that the Seahawks offenses gets back to doing what it does best. Russ should run more designed run plays.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seeker":1vdsp6kh said:

Catching the Niners off guard would require Pete doing a 180 on his ball control/trust defense philosophy, which he doesn't appear to be willing to change.

Personally I hope you're right, I hope Russell comes out slinging it around a little to loosen up the Niners D from stacking the run. IF not? Could be a LOOOOOONG day for our offense.

Exittium

Reaction score
You guys gotta remember, Our WR's dropping passes and what not doesn't help Russ's stats one bit. So our WR's need to show up as well and scramble and get that separation.

seadoc30

Reaction score
I think Pete is getting too much into RW''s head. He needs to stop putting to much pressure of him to not make a mistake. It's affecting his game. You can't blame the wrs, play calling, nor anything else because we've had the same units from last 2 years and it was never a problem till recently. I think it's best if they just let RW play his game and it's not the end of the world if he throws an interception once awhile (which he hardly ever did before)

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vpwxjhg said:
Seeker":3vpwxjhg said:

Catching the Niners off guard would require Pete doing a 180 on his ball control/trust defense philosophy, which he doesn't appear to be willing to change.

Personally I hope you're right, I hope Russell comes out slinging it around a little to loosen up the Niners D from stacking the run. IF not? Could be a LOOOOOONG day for our offense.

Even a loooonger day for our defense.

mikeak

Reaction score
seadoc30":4cu2552c said:
I think Pete is getting too much into RW''s head. He needs to stop putting to much pressure of him to not make a mistake. It's affecting his game. You can't blame the wrs, play calling, nor anything else because we've had the same units from last 2 years and it was never a problem till recently. I think it's best if they just let RW play his game and it's not the end of the world if he throws an interception once awhile (which he hardly ever did before)

Agree

I rather see 3 TD's and one INT than 3 FGs......

13thMan

Reaction score
Blitzer88":eve5be5j said:
HawkFan72":eve5be5j said:

This exactly. This will be a major contributing factor in the outcome of this game. I'm sure the Niners (who are already stout against the run) may just sellout and see what RW can do... Isn't that essentially what AZ did?

jblaze

Reaction score
I think Russell is overthinking things a bit. He is certainly getting a conservative gameplan from Bevell but sometimes you gotta trust what you see and sling that thing around. There's been too many times where there's been open WR's and the throw has been off or there's open guys and he doesn't throw the ball at all.

At this stage, I think you're going to have to go out there and win the game as opposed to playing not to lose. He is due a "signature" moment and I think he has it in him. He's just gotta trust what he sees without over analyzing it. Quick decisions are going to be key vs. the niners defense. We'll need some more short and intermediate passes to keep on schedule.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seadoc30":1mf0bwz1 said:
I agree he is totally missing easy throws (wide open slants) and not seeing the field at all (perfectly set up bubble screen to Percy) that would have went for huge yards yet he runs the ball? He needs to get it together and tell Pete to back off.

13thMan

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1vumi125 said:
seadoc30":1vumi125 said:
I agree he is totally missing easy throws (wide open slants) and not seeing the field at all (perfectly set up bubble screen to Percy) that would have went for huge yards yet he runs the ball? He needs to get it together and tell Pete to back off.

I agree... especially in the context of the upcoming game... ALL the pressure is squarely on the Hawks to get this done... Hopefully that doesn't impact the performance on the field... That is really my only concern in this game. It just feels like the weight of the world is on the Hawks while you could argue that SF is playing with house money at this point, though maybe that's not totally accurate...

capncrunch

Reaction score
jblaze":3i94c7ib said:
I think Russell is overthinking things a bit. He is certainly getting a conservative gameplan from Bevell but sometimes you gotta trust what you see and sling that thing around. There's been too many times where there's been open WR's and the throw has been off or there's open guys and he doesn't throw the ball at all.

At this stage, I think you're going to have to go out there and win the game as opposed to playing not to lose. He is due a "signature" moment and I think he has it in him. He's just gotta trust what he sees without over analyzing it. Quick decisions are going to be key vs. the niners defense. We'll need some more short and intermediate passes to keep on schedule.

This is an excellent post. I'd add that I think they are advising him at times to throw low with tight coverage to reduce the chance of a pick from a ball bouncing up off the reciever or defenders hands. The protect the ball mantra was probably magnified to Russ over half time due to the lead and the wet and windy conditions.