Okay we got what we wanted

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At the start of this year, this is all we could have asked - the opportunity to play SF in our house for the chance to go to the SB.

We got it.

So the score is 0-0 and we just have to win the one game.

I got all my frustration and venting out. There are plenty of reasons to be frustrated but plenty to be thankful.

This is the team we have and these are the guys we are going to have to trust to make it all go. So even with the issues that Harvin never could really play or Bevell might have seemed too conservative...with all that could have gone wrong or all that did, we got what we wanted.

And if those guys can get us over the hump, then it really does not matter.

So we are going to depend on all the guys being ripped this week to produce at the end of it. And if they do that? They deserve a parade and all the accolades that come with it.

So whether it is Pete, Russell, Lynch, Bevell or Harvin or any of rest of an incredible team - we might as well hope they do well because we depend on them and if they do, it was all worth it.

Go Hawks

Hawks46

Reaction score
Be Careful what you ask for.

If the Hawks don't pull their heads out of their asses on offense, losing to the Niners is also the worst possible team and fan base to lose to.

There are literally Niners fans out there that think they won the division because of a better divisional record. It's exponentially worse if they win the NFCCG over us.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
As fans we have a lot riding on this game. Chance to make it to the 2nd Superbowl and hopefully 1st NFL Championship.

Chance to tell Niner fans the above and we beat them to get there.

Chance that if it doesn't happen, aside from something crazy like a major injury to a major player, there will be no excuses and we'll have to admit Niners > Seahawks.

I do NOT want to admit that. So damnit Go Hawks, Marshawn keep doing what you just did, Same thing for the defense. O-Line give RW some f'n time, Receivers get some separation, Percy make it through that damn concussion protocol, and RW I still believe in you, but PLEASE PLEASE fix whatever it is that's going on.

amill87

Reaction score
Hawks46":cwd9qhaa said:

If the Hawks don't pull their heads out of their asses on offense, losing to the Niners is also the worst possible team and fan base to lose to.

There are literally Niners fans out there that think they won the division because of a better divisional record. It's exponentially worse if they win the NFCCG over us.

Ya know, just a week ago I was thinking the same thing. How much would it suck to lose to the Niners in our house and let them get to the Super Bowl again?

Than it hit me. If you don't pay attention to the trolls, its not really that big of a deal. If the Niners can come in here and beat us, than they are better than us. We can't change it. The game will prove it.

Regardless of what happens this year, its not like this is our last time in the playoffs with Wilson. Maybe we get a new offensive coordinator. Maybe we get some weapons for Wilson like the Niners have for Kaep and it'll show who the better qb is.

I know it feels like this is our only oppurnity but its not. San Fran has been to three nfc championships in a row, whose to say we don't start our own streak now?

With that said, I can't imagine the Niners winning this game. Our defense will just be too much. But if they do, they earned it.

A

Anonymous

The implications of the outcome of this game are immeasurable on both sides of the coin. A win making the dreams come true for so many, a loss being the largest bitter pill anyone has ever attempted to swallow. The greatest amount of joy, up against the worst possible situation.

With so much riding on being perfect in every phase of the game, you can bet the Seahawks coaching staff and players are doing everything that can possibly be done to make damn sure that a loss to the Niners will not occur. This one is for all the marbles, it's the end all be all, it's for the whole enchilada, and it's the game of all games....

The Whiners are going down.

jblaze

Reaction score
I really wouldn't want it another way. I want to go through SF, not around them. Leave no doubt!

To be honest, this will be a tougher game than the SB if we get there. Denver and NE don't scare me compared to SF.

Iron sharpens iron. If you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man. And more useless cliches, etc, etc.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not me.

They are a great team, so are we.

Anyone pointing or jeering after this game is probably dumb. Because it took a lot for both teams to climb to the top of the mountain.

There really cannot be a "rubbing it in your face" aspect either way, unless we win by 50 or something because essentially this is #1 vs #2 (or more appropriately #1 vs #1.5) and we are just fighting it out to figure out which is which. But you cannot honestly say one team or another "sucks" after the accomplishments of both and what I am sure will be a battle regardless.

I expect to win, if everyone comes to play. But I don't think this is the last time for either team to be knocking at this door. We should be decent for a while and so should they. This will be one epic battle among many.

NorCal

Reaction score
One thing is for certain. One of the fanbases is going to be crushed on Sunday night. I'm glad it came down to this. While losing to SEA will make me physically ill probably, winning will really make it one of the more satisfying wins ever for me. Really reminds me of how I felt in those SF-DAL games in the 90's.

And to make a comment on an earlier post, I think the division championship is worthless at this point (other then determining the location of this game). It all comes down to who is going to be NFC champs now, and probably SB champs. I'm nervous, I admit it. Should be a good game. It will either be a close win by the 9ers, a close win by SEA, or a blowout by SEA. I can't see the 9ers blowing them out.

JonRud

Reaction score
This isn't exactly what I wanted. I wanted to host the NFCC against the worst playoff team possible - not the 2nd best team in football.

Oh well, this is what we have. And I anticipate the most crazy, raucuous, insane crowd ever seen in a National Football League game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JonRud":11toz2kq said:
This isn't exactly what I wanted. I wanted to host the NFCC against the worst playoff team possible - not the 2nd best team in football.

Oh well, this is what we have. And I anticipate the most crazy, raucuous, insane crowd ever seen in a National Football League game.

Yeah but it would suck equally losing to anyone at this point. playing the 9ers makes the game far more intense. Id take an easier path, but after the first round there really wasnt one

enjoy that!

Canuck49

Reaction score
By kickoff Sunday my resting heart rate will be about 200 beats per minute. The margin for error in games like this is so small each failure to convert a third down, each run for a loss on first, and each turnover seems like a dagger in the heart. Earlier poster is right - one fan base will be absolutely devastated by the outcome Sunday. And the only consolation for the losing team is that this scenario could play out for the foreseeable future. Neither one of these teams is a flash in the pan.

The emotional stakes are high for the fan bases. There is no such thing as a moral victory in a moment like this. But to achieve that highest of highs you have to risk the lowest of lows. Seattle is favoured. They deserve to be based on their performance all year and that ridiculously strong home field advantage. But the niners are playing their best football this year and the defence is healthier than last year's Superbowl run. So those factors give us cause for hope. But what a slobberknocker of a game this is going to me. I'm afraid I will get a concussion or at least a bruise just watching from my couch.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NorCal":ogsk0uor said:
It will either be a close win by the 9ers, a close win by SEA, or a blowout by SEA. I can't see the 9ers blowing them out.
Totally agree based on the past two years.

The Whiners receiving corps strength of Crabtree, Davis and Boldin has to match up with Seattle's secondary strength of Sherman, Maxwell, Thurmond, Thomas and Chancellor.

Typically... when strength meets strength, defense comes out on top.

I just don't see Kaepernick beating the Hawks with his arm... but I do see him keeping the Whiners in the game for a while with his feet.

And especially at the Clink, the nod on the running games goes to the Hawks imo.

My prediction...

Hawks 23, Whiners 16

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Hawks are exactly where they set out to be when the season ended last year. They won more games than anyone in the NFL and not only won the division, they earned HFA.

Pete's plan has worked all season long. I am positive that he has something special in store for the Niners game. Not something obvious, but something that gives the Hawks a field that we haven't seen all season. It is all part of the plan. This team will play the best game they have played all season, I am positive of it. Both sides of the ball.

If the Niners win, they deserve the highest respect and I will give it to them. I don’t care what the Niner trolls say, if the Hawks win I will not be knocking the Niners team for it. I do not expect the NinaTrolls to do the same, they never have, but win or lose these teams are clearly the best in the league with the most complete rosters and systems. I will have nothing bad to say about them. This thing with SF and SEA is going to be around for a while, so I figure we might as well give them their props.

Both teams ended up where many thought they would when the season started. That never happens and these two teams were good enough to do so. I know for a fact that when Seattle took the lead in the Falcons game that Niner fans were thinking "oh shit". For good reason. We were 30 seconds away from this same game last year and here we are again.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawks46":1k11vyag said:

Honestly, who cares what they think? Who cares what ammunition internet trolls have? Some folks take this feud between the fanbases way too seriously, and it goes both ways. It's to the point where I feel like some fans get more pleasure out of seeing the other team lose than seeing their own team win.

49ers have a great team. If they get a legit win, hats off to them. Heck, it might even be easier to swallow than losing to an Atlanta team that I felt we were significantly better than. Of course, a loss would suck no matter what, but what internet trolls get to say is last of my concerns. We've already legitimized ourselves with 71-16. Nothing they say can even faze me.

OP, love the sentiment of your post. I have the utmost confidence in this group to be prepared and to play well.

Brass-Knuckles

Reaction score
wouldn't have it any other way (except may be this game at the stick). Would love it if we can slay this dragon (or bird) in their house.
Go niners!!

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Speak for yourself.
In 2011 ALL I HEARD was how we wanted ALABAMA...that LSU winning the title wont mean anything unless the beat ALABAMA.
If you watch college football...you know how that went.
I dont EVER want the " best match up" anymore.
I want the easiest path. It hurts...bad when you fall...ESPECIALLY to your biggest rival.
I wont complain that we gotta go through the Niners to get there.
But i would have rather it be anyone else who was an easier team for the Hawks to make it.
But it is what it is, and now we wait for this war.

carlwain74

Reaction score
It's not a matchup I would have wanted to gain the NFC Championship title. However, it is what it is. I have complete faith in the defense to stop whatever the 49ers throw/run at them. The LOB is a force to be reckoned with without a shadow of a doubt.

My biggest concern is with the offense. RW needs more time in the pocket and for his receivers to give him something to throw at.

Thankfully the weather will not be a factor this weekend so we should see some great opportunities unfold.

Go Hawks!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JonRud":1ukr7ufn said:

I was thinking this way before this week but to be the best you must beat the best. We beat San Francisco and even the mediots will be forced to give us more than lip service. I admit I am a bit nervous about this game because of the recent trends but the metrics say we win and I believe in Wilson in big games far more than Keapernick.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
I agree. Leave no doubt. I want us to get the Lombardi as bad as the next man...but if we deserve it, we'll be tested first...as we will be Sunday. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best. How great would it feel for us to beat San Francisco and then Denver? Two teams who they continually consider to be better than us. Let's show 'em!

hawker84

Reaction score
Screw that i would have much rather had Carolina come up here, much weaker offense to deal with, plus if we did happen to lose, SF couldn't say squat. But here we are, all hands on deck. Let's get this done.