All BS aside, THIS is the game Seattle & SF wanted in August

irocdave

Reaction score
This game will be a push. The last 6 weeks would leave fans on both sides to form questionable opinions about how this game will play out. The Hawks offense has been subpar, the Hawks D has been a proven commodity the entire season. SF has a monkey on their back with playing in Seattle, no question about it. The Hawks run D can be worn down and the O has sucked the last 6 weeks. All of that fan observation means nothing Sunday. May the best team win, may the referring be consistent and fair. If the Hawks lose, so be it. I don't think that will happen but it is always a possibility. If / when the Hawks win, congrats to the niners. Their fans can and should lay claim to being fans of one of the best teams in the NFL.

GO HAWKS!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Actually we wanted SF to have a meltdown and never return to relevancy ever again.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":2m2u2vtd said:
Actually we wanted SF to have a meltdown and never return to relevancy ever again.
Correct. I wanted none of this match up but it's here so if they do their jobs we win.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
I wanted the 49ers in this game from the get go. If we win, it will be a joyous, overwhelming, amazing celebration. If we lose it will be crushing. This is it. All the marbles. Our Rivals. Our players know what this means to us. it means the same to them.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Man, the thought of losing the game makes me die a little inside. Seeing those ugly red uniforms and Vernon Davis crying over his hurt toe nail celebrating on our field. It'd make Mutombo hugging the basketball on the ground seem light on the heart.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Throwdown":29i9vzo0 said:
Man, the thought of losing the game makes me die a little inside. Seeing those ugly red uniforms and Vernon Davis crying over his hurt toe nail celebrating on our field. It'd make Mutombo hugging the basketball on the ground seem light on the heart.

Even if they win they have to either play the greatest offense OF ALL TIME and possibly greatest QB of ALL Time in Manning

OR

A team with Bellicheck and Brady who have been in the superbowl 5 times previously making this their 6th superbowl together. Brady is ALSO considered or will be considered one of the greatest of all time QBs.

I think SF and Seattle are the two best teams in the NFL but I wouldnt underrate a team who would be in the 6th superbowl with Brady/Bellicheck or a team who has scored the most points in NFL history and who has Manning going to his 3rd superbowl.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think its a push. I think a great number of people are giving too much credit to stats and appearance, when the reality is that the Niners have trouble with a team like the Hawks in their own house, in ours that trouble is catastrophic.

warden

Reaction score
I want the 49ers to have a melt down this Sunday

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2vze5trq said:
I don't think its a push. I think a great number of people are giving too much credit to stats and appearance, when the reality is that the Niners have trouble with a team like the Hawks in their own house, in ours that trouble is catastrophic.
Can't disagree with that. I think we'll be fine.

Erebus

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1c9l0opc said:

The funny thing about this statement is that the people who do give credit to stats are the ones who think we'll win.

Polaris

Reaction score
Erebus":3jw7mdg6 said:
loafoftatupu":3jw7mdg6 said:

The funny thing about this statement is that the people who do give credit to stats are the ones who think we'll win.

That's because the Niners have the lingering national mystique (or is it a bad musk?) from their days under Joe Montana and Steve Young and.....yes I know....those five lombardis. The Nation by and large wants the Niners to "return to glory".

That's what we're fighting.