This nails it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I thought the Goal-Line stand @ STL was intensely entertaining.

I'm going to always prefer nail-biters to blow-outs, because with everything on the line, in a pressure cooker, you know exactly how good your team really is... when it has to "man up or shut up".

As Pete said before or during a Time out concerning the goal-line stand in STL, "Just how cool is this?"

Weadoption

Reaction score
It's entertaining and terrifying, nothing to compare to it really.
We all know one fan base gets to look into the abyss tomorrow of what if misery all off season long.
In the Niners case it would be 3 straight real chances with nothing to show for it.
ughh

hawk45

Reaction score
Close games were more fun when I was much younger. They are still exciting to me now, obviously, but the excitement/nerves/fear is no longer something I seek or want to see in all or a majority of games. I get just as much satisfaction out of a nice blowout, and I don't feel I'm losing years off my life.

I've had a good long fill of close games. I want a freaking win and a ring , and I would be ecstatic of there wasn't a single moment of drama the rest of the way.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
What's REALLY fun for me, is when the game is finished, and the Seahawks have WON.
Be it by 1 point, or 60, a win is a win, and that's the bottom line for me.
It took me a long time to get to where a loss doesn't ruin my disposition for days on end.
I don't like not having control over my mood, so I've started drawing on as much positives as I can from every game, and where I think those positives are going to take the Seahawks from here on out.
I'm just assuming that the Seahawks are going to win ,and if they don't?, that's just the way it goes.

chet380

Reaction score
"I'm going to always prefer nail-biters to blow-outs"

NO ....ING WAY!!! ---- Score first, then again, and then FOOT ON THE THROAT!!

UGotHawked

Reaction score
hawk45":2q5f555l said:
Close games were more fun when I was much younger. They are still exciting to me now, obviously, but the excitement/nerves/fear is no longer something I seek or want to see in all or a majority of games. I get just as much satisfaction out of a nice blowout, and I don't feel I'm losing years off my life.

I've had a good long fill of close games. I want a freaking win and a ring , and I would be ecstatic of there wasn't a single moment of drama the rest of the way.
+1

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I prefer blowouts. Show the dominance, and humiliate the other team. That's why the 2 previous curbstompings against he whiners were so great. There was NO question who the better team was, and they knew it!

susitnagal

Reaction score
Great read! Agreed with everything EXCEPT banking my emotional state on Jon Ryan's leg or Percy Harvin's hip. Percy, well he's not playing. Ryan I would prefer to not see. Let's make every change of possesion to them off Haushka's foot instead, after a scoring drive of one type or the other.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
I only prefer close games when teams I'm rooting for aren't playing. If the AFCCG is close, it will be fun; NFCCG, not so much. (Though, tbh, I do believe the NFCCG is going to be close, unfortunately.)

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Nope. If I had my way, the game would be over by halftime... say 31-3, so I could kick back, relax and just enjoy the second half celebration of going to our second Super Bowl. I'll take that every day over the Niners having the ball at the 50 with 30 seconds left in the game and only needing a field goal to win. NO THANKS!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
I like to be able to walk to the fridge during the game and hear the crowd cheer once more...

From the living room: Maxwell, pick six!

From the fridge: SuhWeet! 42 zip!

Super Bowl here we come!

Yeah, I'd like that much better.

Riley12

Reaction score
Here is a quote from a "fun" game to me (although I don't remember the specific game or announcer):

"For those of you just tuning in, the Seahawks won the coin toss and elected to kick the living hell out of the (Niners?)"

That is a fun game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Close game can be historic and a great story for the media, close games also have the chance to have the game taken out of your control by a ill timed flag. I much rather would have the decision made and the opponent having lost hope then a unforseen situation take away a earned victory.

AVL

Reaction score
I don't trust officiating to enjoy close games that I am emotionally involved with.

I could say that about most sports where judgement calls are crucial.

Too bad officiating isn't a higher calling that attracts the best.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Close games are great when you don't have a dog in the fight. When it's a Hawks game, please may it always be Seahawks leading by 30 in the middle of the 4th. Much easier on the blood pressure.