richard sherman beats commercial

Pstark3

Reaction score
I actually really like it. Feels alot more personal than the other ones

HawkWow

Reaction score
Aside from Sherm getting paid, I see no value in this commercial at all. A 10 yr old could have written better material. The least they could have done would have been to hire at least one recognizable reporter. And while I use the word myself, sometimes even before breakfast, I see no need for the F word being used ("thinks he's F'n untouchable"). I almost bought a set of the wireless beats. The BS Seattle / Kaep commercial changed my mind. Great marketing F-tards. Beat this.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The "thug" suggestion destroyed anything resembling accuracy / reality. I meet football fans from around the league daily. 9 out of 10 will call Sherm a "loudmouth". Not once, anywhere, have I hard Sherm called a "thug". Perhaps they were suggesting Sherm is a pretend thug, like Dre himself.

checkdanews

Reaction score
HawkWow":21bv0jv6 said:
The "thug" suggestion destroyed anything resembling accuracy / reality. I meet football fans from around the league daily. 9 out of 10 will call Sherm a "loudmouth". Not once, anywhere, have I hard Sherm called a "thug". Perhaps they were suggesting Sherm is a pretend thug, like Dre himself.

Living in california like I do, Iv heard people call Sherm a thug many, MANY, many times.

HawkWow

Reaction score
checkdanews":2a30kfq6 said:
HawkWow":2a30kfq6 said:

Living in california like I do, Iv heard people call Sherm a thug many, MANY, many times.

I was referring to actual football fans. Anyone that would label someone with such a disrespectful moniker, I would think, would first research the subject. Anyone that has scraped below the surface of Sherman knows he is nothing even remotely resembling a thug. So whomever you are hearing this from are basically uneducated dipsh*ts and I see no reason to include them in any meaningful conversations. Do you?

taz291819

Reaction score
HawkWow":3kpdia9s said:

I actually think that the commercial was a jab against reporters/media. As the questions get dumber and dumber as it goes along, it kind of solidifies that point.

Not just the thug question, but also, "Do you think you've declined since college?" and "Do you think you're above the law?". No one seriously believes those last two.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkWow":1n8qeeud said:
I was referring to actual football fans. Anyone that would label someone with such a disrespectful moniker, I would think, would first research the subject. Anyone that has scraped below the surface of Sherman knows he is nothing even remotely resembling a thug. So whomever you are hearing this from are basically uneducated dipsh*ts and I see no reason to include them in any meaningful conversations. Do you?

Absolutely. It's why 9ers fans get so hot under the collar after fans (and TBF, disproportionately Hawks fans) took up David Whitley's ignorant "thug" BS about Kap in the Sporting News last year, why they roll their eyes at people who don't know that this is the background of the "Kaepernicking" celebration, etc.

If anything I think this Beats commercial would have made more sense for Kap than the one they did for him. Sherman doesn't even really get trashed by the media (I mean, the guy has his own column at SI :lol:; I think EVERYONE fully expects him to go the sports journalist route after his career, and is probably looking forward to it).

bluengreen

Reaction score
Beats are expensive pieces of crap anyways. Sennheiser, Grado, Shure... many companies make better, often for cheaper, sometimes way cheaper. I have not heard of any audiophiles who use them. They are all marketing, geared towards people who don't know better.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I love ya Sherm, but...

hated-it.jpg

drrew

Reaction score
Sherman taking their money is great, the actual commercial was pretty poor. If you're in another city and just casually know the name as someone controversial, this ad would give you the idea that he has had off the field or legal issues.

It should also be noted that the media, local, national, international, intergalactic, almost exclusively love Richard Sherman. He's an intelligent, charismatic guy who loves to talk to them, as someone who in a previous profession spent a lot of time in professional lockerrooms, he is a rarity.

Latest posts