11 Carries 14 Yards

kmedic

Reaction score
Gore's stat line. Incredible. This continues to be the key to beating SF. You stop their 'sophisticated' running attack and you put all the onus on a QB that I truly believe can't handle the 12th Man. You gotta give it up to Pete- an extremely conservative philosophy, and a very 'old school' one, but damn did it work all year long!

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Wow ... that was it for Gore? 11 for 14 yards?
He had a 9 yards run.
We stuffed them.

mikeak

Reaction score
And we contained Kaep in second half by closing up the middle so he couldn't take off. That defensive gameplan will work until Kaep can scan receivers and find open players. Once you put the game on his arm interceptions followed

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Marshawn is the best back in the NFC, yeah I said it. His will to power surpasses any physical limitations. Gore is good but not at beast modes level.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3m66yl2n said:
Wow ... that was it for Gore? 11 for 14 yards?
He had a 9 yards run.
We stuffed them.

I believe he had two nine yard runs.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SF was virtually impotent without the legs of Kaep...and that's just ridiculous, reckless abandon that is very difficult to plan for or around. Props to Kaep for showing some balls and not doing the Benny Hill thing behind the LOS.

NINEster

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately that's the difference between the 49ers beating you and losing to you....Gore's production.

You could say it's the running game pretty much (from the RBs). I think that last TD drive, Gore and Hunter ran pretty well.

Say what you want about Kaepernick, but I think it would be tough for most QBs to beat Seattle in Seattle with that kind of production on the ground.

If Gore averaged 4-5 ypc, the 49ers would have won this game.

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":2y5aokhx said:
Yeah, unfortunately that's the difference between the 49ers beating you and losing to you....Gore's production.

You could say it's the running game pretty much (from the RBs). I think that last TD drive, Gore and Hunter ran pretty well.

Say what you want about Kaepernick, but I think it would be tough for most QBs to beat Seattle in Seattle with that kind of production on the ground.

Lots of If's when you lose, if you would have lost any of those fumbles that you recovered this game could have turned into a rout.

two dog

Reaction score
chris98251":2ja2lwvb said:
NINEster":2ja2lwvb said:

Lots of If's when you lose, if you would have lost any of those fumbles that you recovered this game could have turned into a rout.

Exactly.The 9er's can do "ifs" and "buts" all they want. What they can't do is complain about how the ball bounced.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
mikeak":3vh4xggy said:
And we contained Kaep in second half by closing up the middle so he couldn't take off. That defensive gameplan will work until Kaep can scan receivers and find open players. Once you put the game on his arm interceptions followed

I was wondering why he stopped running.

He was their entire offense tonight. If it wasn't for his legs, this could have been a blowout.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Does anyone else get the feeling Gore might be finished after this season?

He'll be 31 next year and the 49ers invested a 2nd rounder in LMJ, 4th rounder in Hunter, and a 5th round for Lattimore.

If he gets cut, I would mind him Seattle as the 3rd down back, the guy can pick-up a blitz better than any one I've ever noticed to see doing it. And the last back like that, that comes to mind would be Edgerrian James.

HawkWow

Reaction score
NINEster":hqa6fxe3 said:

I will concede Kaep played better this year, 10x better, than I ever thought he would. For the most part, did it in a more conventional fashion suggesting (to me) he is capable of great things against most teams. But if we can force him away from the run and into a chess match? I don't think he has the intellect to beat the Hawks.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2ddg44ng said:
Does anyone else get the feeling Gore might be finished after this season?

He'll be 31 next year and the 49ers invested a 2nd rounder in LMJ, 4th rounder in Hunter, and a 5th round for Lattimore.

If he gets cut, I would mind him Seattle as the 3rd down back, the guy can pick-up a blitz better than any one I've ever noticed to see doing it. And the last back like that, that comes to mind would be Edgerrian James.

no way. He had a rough go with Seattle stuffing him. it wasn't on him today, he had no holes.

He is still a beast and had a very good year, just about the same stats as Marshawn.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think that we have been great against Gore, but CK sure in the hell made up for the yards that Gore didn't get. Damn that guy can run. There is no doubt that for a guy that can run like that, his passing skills are there. I'm not talking Steve Young good, but even Young didn't run THAT good.

Gore used to truly push the old Holmgren Hawks around for some big yards. I still see him having the ability to run, but not with the ferocity he used to. There is no doubt that it was high priority to stop him.

OrFan

Reaction score
I think we have seen the last of Gore. Too much wear on an old back. No I don't want him. We still have the beast, and we have Michaels if he ever gets his head on straight.