Golden Tate has more yards than...

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":12v4pi82 said:
HawkWow":12v4pi82 said:
People really need to educate themselves regarding Kevin Norwood. I maintain Norwood will ultimately prove to be the steal of this draft. Like Tate, Norwood IS the guy that tracks his scrambling QB and also like Tate (and ADB) he will fight for balls, making the tough catch whether contested or not. Unsure about his "injury", but I am sure he too is likely suffering some transition issues. I screamed in this forum to keep Tate, but Tate didn't do a lot until his 3rd year, so maybe a bity more patience should be granted to our new guys.

Yup. Bingo.

The Hawks passing attack is feeling Norwood's injury, IMO. Dude should/could've been at ADB's level, day one. His injury hurts.

He's still on track to return though, right?

Good to see your return, Pehawk.

I'm uncertain anymore what constitutes injury in Pete-speak. I certainly question the validity of Michael's injury, though Pete appeared to be rather forthright about such stuff last year. But he will always be a salesman to me, as much as I like the guy.

Glad I have some support here with Norwood. And ADB is who I liken him to as well. Someone said he's healthy, so that's probable, I can only assume he's not a first year wonder-kind, like those drafted many rds before him. Like yourself, I can only judge him by the countless 'Bama games that most of us endure, for one reason or another. The kid has all the tools, great hands, humble, a solid kid, not afraid to go over the middle and got McCarron a hot GF. Without Norwood, McCarron's passing numbers would be more what we'd expect from a Bama QB, imo.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Tokadub":3plm3kbd said:
WilsonMVP":3plm3kbd said:
Tate has been lining up opposite Calvin Johnson...AM I supposed to be impressed when Johnson gets all the attention and Tate is left in favorable situations?

You do realize that Tate's best game so far against the Buffalo Bills Calvin Johnson got injured in THAT game and he was only targeted ONCE.

Tate picked up 134 yards catching 7/9 passes.

That ONE game from Tate is MORE THAN 5 FROM HARVIN SO FAR (133 yards)!

That shouldn't happen... our Offense is totally mind boggling right now with it's inability to pick up first downs or get our best players involved.

The previous 3 games CJ was a decoy for all of games 1/2 and Tate dominated. This weekend CJ didn't play and Tate struggled a lot. 12 targets 44 yds. That's a very bad average. I think Tate is a great #2 WR but without someone like CJ to draw the double teams he's not going to take over.

Latest posts