Your honest assessment on Wilson's play in NFC championship?

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
I thought he left some plays on the field. Although the O-Line looked awful in the first half, there were a few times where Wilson ran back 10 yards from the line of scrimmage when he shouldnt have.

Although he made some key throws at key moments and turned in a good 2nd half.

The 49ers defense did a great job of keeping wilson honest and not allowing him to run for yardage.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Definitely left some plays on the field and ran into some sacks. But he played a a lot better than he did that last several weeks.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Needs to keep getting better about trusting his read and pulling the trigger in the quick passing game, and once he learns to step up in the pocket instead of bailing, he will be deadly.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I wasn't too down on him the past couple games. I saw a lot more of what made Wilson so special in this game.

There is always room for improvement.

mikeak

Reaction score
All last year and some this he does the same scrambling and dazzles us. Hard to change and that play simply met a great defense

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Looked tentative in the first half, and our OL flat out sucked. Many times I would have liked to see the old Russell take it and run without hesitation but you felt like he was asked to stay in the pocket too much. Other than that, I was pleased overall.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
He was not great and he had some mental issues (wasting a timeout by letting clock run down, the grounding call (and non call) and a couple others).

But what are you going to do, he's in his second year and he's in the Superbowl. He's young and learning, but thank god for a defense and running game that allows him to learn on the job.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1d9e6eju said:
Needs to keep getting better about trusting his read and pulling the trigger in the quick passing game, and once he learns to step up in the pocket instead of bailing, he will be deadly.

this this this!!!!! Trust your RECEIVERS!!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He did what he had to do. When he threw that 4th Down pass to Kearse, I knew Russell Wilson was back.

lsheldon

Reaction score
They had 5+ coming at him all night. I thought he played pretty well considering the pressure they applied. He made the big plays when he had to.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkGANG":k6zzjehs said:
AbsolutNET":k6zzjehs said:

this this this!!!!! Trust your RECEIVERS!!!!
Agree with both of you. He held onto the ball far too long in the first half. He was much, much better in the 2nd half in all aspects of his game.

Wartooth

Reaction score
He looked like a guy drafted in the 3rd round, a little under sized.
Going to the damned Superb Owl in his second season!
Ya'll need to climb down off of Russell's ass.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Major improvement. Our OL was doing him no favors in the first half. Same old story and first NFC Championship, so...

HawkWow

Reaction score
For whatever reason, he is opting for low percentage passes over easy 1st downs if he was to use his legs. No less than 3 times he chose not to keep the ball with HUGE real estate in front of him. He's holding the ball too long and carrying it too casually. The Lynch fumble was assisted by RW's placement of the ball (too high). He is not trusting his receivers and passing up easy opportunities when they are open, instead doing some whirling durbish stuff behind the line, costing us field position by way of sacks and penalties (illegal man DF, etc). This game was very close and RW kept it that way. Unsure what happened to his confidence, but it's not what it once was. Again, I think it's a matter of fatigue. Mental and physical.

OTOH, he made some huge throws and we won the game. Love the kid and I know he will be better next year. This has been a tough year (tough 2 years) and the kid just keeps positioning us to win. Very few QBs would I trade him for. Once he returns to his old self, he will be better than his old self and hopefully have a few more weapons to go with that.

Go ahead...flame away. If it's OK to critique Manning, it's sure as hell OK to critique Wilson.

two dog

Reaction score
Hard to tell. His pass protection took the day off so his chances to read and act
on those reads was severely compromised while he was running for his life.

That said some of his throws lacked the accuracy we have come to expect while
others were vintage Wilson. I have huge hopes for the SB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wartooth":3s96t7yf said:
He looked like a guy drafted in the 3rd round, a little under sized.
Going to the damned Superb Owl in his second season!
Ya'll need to climb down off of Russell's ass.

Nobody's climbing Wilson's ass. When he deserves praise, he gets plenty. Why should he be exempt from criticism from he performs sun-par? Take the blinders off. He's not (yet) perfect. I can see now, feelings will be hurt, LOL.

Latest posts