Sherman: Huffington Post

FairWeatherFan

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that article.

Here is Richard explaining himself on CNN >>> http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/21/us/richard-sherman-response/ <<<

There are a lot of keyboard cowboys out there on the internet. Too bad SO MANY feel a need to take a moral high ground about somebody else's trite behavior - when they should be spending time taking inventory of their own. :177692:

On a side note: I do think Richard Sherman should get a 15 yard penalty for taunting Michael Crabtree through my TV... :rofl:

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Good god. Lol that was a hot steaming pile of garbage. People aren't ready to accept lower class people succeed? Umm I'm sorry, this story line has been going on since Jackie Robinson and Ali lol this is a tad bit old and played out. Articles like this set back black people more than any idiotic thing some redneck says behind a computer.

FYI I like sherm, football is a game and he provides entertainment. But the reason why people don't like sherm is cause he never takes the high road in any conflict that comes up. And made himself look like an idiot the other night throwing choke signs, there's unwritten rules of sportsmanship, if he doesn't want to follow them that's what he gets. People that sink this pathetically to defend him like this article are almost as a annoying as the ones that are complaining.

redeye81

Reaction score
Great article. Sherman was out of line but the racists hiding behind the computer screen are the pile crap. At least Sherman apologized once he cooled down. Comparing sportsmenship to racial tweets is stupid. Like comparing debt to slavery

Phteven

Reaction score
Thanks for the article (and the embedded SI article from last June). confirms what many of us already know. Sherman is too intelligent, articulate and thoughtful to NOT have a plan. He's provocative and challenges many stupid stereotypes. I hope he stays in Seattle his entire career.

Phteven

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":gxgub4lz said:
Good god. Lol that was a hot steaming pile of garbage. People aren't ready to accept lower class people succeed? Umm I'm sorry, this story line has been going on since Jackie Robinson and Ali lol this is a tad bit old and played out. Articles like this set back black people more than any idiotic thing some redneck says behind a computer.

FYI I like sherm, football is a game and he provides entertainment. But the reason why people don't like sherm is cause he never takes the high road in any conflict that comes up. And made himself look like an idiot the other night throwing choke signs, there's unwritten rules of sportsmanship, if he doesn't want to follow them that's what he gets. People that sink this pathetically to defend him like this article are almost as a annoying as the ones that are complaining.
smack talk has been a part of the game since forever. Sherman's just better at it than most. Like Gary Payton, Sherman is smart enough to see an opponent's weak spot, and his timing is impeccable.

I applaud his swagger and confidence.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
redeye81":2y5gbcn3 said:
Great article. Sherman was out of line but the racists hiding behind the computer screen are the pile crap. At least Sherman apologized once he cooled down. Comparing sportsmenship to racial tweets is stupid. Like comparing debt to slavery
Who compared them? Think you're missing the point. Debt and slavery is nothing like talking about why he got negative attention and ignorant things people said.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Phteven":2ogcml05 said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":2ogcml05 said:

smack talk has been a part of the game since forever. Sherman's just better at it than most. Like Gary Payton, Sherman is smart enough to see an opponent's weak spot, and his timing is impeccable.

sherm is probably more intelligent then most of this board, however his analysis of Crabtree being a bum was false and had nothing to do with being smart. It was indeed smack talk though and that's fine. .I don't have a problem with it. Certain things are apart of the game, there's lots of different personalities In this world, some people don't like brash ones like his, it's not either one of our place to dictate whether people enjoy that or not. Sherman knows the more attention he gets with his antics the more criticism will come. That doesn't excuse the racist comments at all but making this out to be an issue only cause he's black is pathetic.

sutz

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":1xm7g42u said:
Phteven":1xm7g42u said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":1xm7g42u said:

sherm is probably more intelligent then most of this board, however his analysis of Crabtree being a bum was false and had nothing to do with being smart. It was indeed smack talk though and that's fine. .I don't have a problem with it. Certain things are apart of the game, there's lots of different personalities In this world, some people don't like brash ones like his, it's not either one of our place to dictate whether people enjoy that or not. Sherman knows the more attention he gets with his antics the more criticism will come. That doesn't excuse the racist comments at all but making this out to be an issue only cause he's black is pathetic.
I believe you're the one who brought up race. :34853_doh:

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
sutz":n3h5icvq said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":n3h5icvq said:
Phteven":n3h5icvq said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":n3h5icvq said:

I believe you're the one who brought up race. :34853_doh:

:34853_doh:
Read the article. Read between the lines. If the part about imagining if this generation had to deal with Ali didn't give it away for you what strings he's trying to pull.. idk what to tell you.

sutz

Reaction score
Whatever. But Sherman was right. Crabtree is not that good. Look at his stats lately. He was 'great' in college playing against lesser talent, but in the NFL, he's not all that and a bag of chips.

:229031_shrug:

Phteven

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":2sgkjqot said:
Talking smack isn't about being correct. Sherman is smart because he knows where to poke his opponents to get them to react. whether crabtree is a bum or not isn't the point. It's that he got into Crabtree's head with the comment. Chinks in the armor.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
sutz":3jv2ho0k said:
Whatever. But Sherman was right. Crabtree is not that good. Look at his stats lately. He was 'great' in college playing against lesser talent, but in the NFL, he's not all that and a bag of chips.

No, Sherman was not right, you don't have to believe me, Kearley and other guys much more knowledgeable than myself on player evaluations even said he's a low tier #1, no one's said he's megatron. Sherm also threw the choke sign at CK after of which he had no logical reason to come up with for doing so.

BUT He has every right to say what he wants which is why I'm not Mad, Idc really. Doesn't mean I have to agree though.

Based on your logic, our wrs suck really bad.
I think we are done here, enjoy your day. Go Hawks

sutz

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":yuixqhk9 said:
sutz":yuixqhk9 said:

No, Sherman was not right, you don't have to believe me, Kearley and other guys much more knowledgeable than myself on player evaluations even said he's a low tier #1, no one's said he's megatron. Sherm also threw the choke sign at CK after of which he had no logical reason to come up with for doing so.

BUT He has every right to say what he wants which is why I'm not Mad, Idc really. Doesn't mean I have to agree though.

Based on your logic, our wrs suck really bad.
I think we are done here, enjoy your day. Go Hawks
But I think our WRs are actually pretty good. They will never get the stats playing here, because the team philosophy doesn't support that. They get the job done, though.

As for Sherm, you can hate on his antics if you like. But almost all WRs are 'mediocre' when matched up against him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":34q84zrg said:

BULLSHIT POST^^^
Sherman is head and shoulders better at his position at Cornerback, than Crabtree is at his as Receiver.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3td8a6te said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":3td8a6te said:

BULLSHIT POST^^^

Strong waste of a post, Logically explain why you feel that way or spare me.

Not sure what comparing the 2 players has to do with anything. But I agree sherm is way better. ...