who came up with "legion of boom"?

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I thought it was some caller from Bob and Groz who suggested it to Kam while he was on for an interview back in 11'.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was a caller/texter to the Bob 'n Groz show on KIRO 710. They bounced the idea off of Earl or Kam (can't remember which) and he liked it, and so it stuck.

Edit to add: hehe, ninja'd!

lsheldon

Reaction score
God I miss Browner. But so glad we have Sherman, Thomas, and my boy BamBamKam.

drdiags

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember when Groz and Bob were pushing the Legion of Boom nickname, which I thought at the times was forcing it. I believe a caller came up with it when Kam was saying he just brings the boom during TC. Guess you can force something to become relevant by repeating it over and over.

I am a genius, I am a genius ... say it along with me. I am a genius.

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":3ahqmhw2 said:
The 'Legion of Boom', sits down with Ronde Barber. (November 10, 2013)

[youtube]qwCZ1ioSnw4[/youtube]
I think this is my favorite line.

Barber: Do you think the Legion of Boom can lead this team to a Championship?

Sherm: We're not alone....and goes on to talk about the offense, the front seven and the whole team.

Great stuff!!

:th2thumbs:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Kam was on the Bob N Groz show and he said something about them 'laying the Boom'. The rest is history. So really, Kam gets credit for it.

Happy

Reaction score
Great nickname for a defensive unit.

This is an all time awesome seahawks team photo. Browner lookin' good too.

Seattle-Legion-of-Boom.jpg

Jville

Reaction score
From the Urban Dictionary >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Legion+of+Boom[/urltargetblank]

Holy crap, we're playing the seattle seahawks and their legion of boom. We won't throw for any yards
by velocibear October 10, 2012

joeseahawks

Reaction score
When the game is on the line, I understand why Pete has always been very conservative on Offense and relied on these guys to get the job done. And they have always come through, except for that Arizona game, when Palmer scored the TD.

Lots of people in the country don't know about these guys. I have no doubt, they will study Manning to the last details ... When they pick him multiple times on Sunday, the whole country will be surprised.
When Sherman said what he said last Sunday to Erin Andrews, lots of people thought he tried to be selfish. Listening to this Youtube cut, all of these guys feel the same way. They talk the same talk and they work hard to back it up. They give each other credit. They love each other. They play for each other.

I have NO DOUBT, these guys will pick up Manning on Sunday and shock the world.
GO HAWKS.

Jville

Reaction score
I recall seeing a rehearsal and preview of that during the preseason game with the Broncos back in August.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Can't BB be on the sidelines in street clothes? As a guest of the team? It's just not right he's not there.

Latest posts