Rating the players in Superb Owl 48

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Mike Sando and Matt Williamson got together and rated all the players playing in the big game this year..... kinda interesting. It's an ESPN Insider piece (I know I know...leave the Insider comments to some other thread.). I can't cut and past anything, but I'll list the top 10 according to them:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/play...-every-player-seattle-seahawks-denver-broncos

1 - Peyton Manning
2 - Richard Sherman
3 - Earl Thomas
4 - Marshawn Lynch
5 - Demaryius Thomas
6 - Percy Harvin
7 - Michael Bennett
8 - Russell Wilson
9 - Brandon Mebane
10 - Kam Chancellor

That's 8 of 10 Seahawks in their top 10.

I'll take that.

Thank you Paul Allen, Pete Carroll, John Schneider, and Peter McLoughlin!!

pete-carroll-et-al-rm.jpg%3Fw%3D800%26h%3D533

Axx

Reaction score
joeseahawks":12xe0tcg said:
What are the criteria for ranking? Just curious.

basically just like the "NFL top 100" but in the eyes of the sandman

Axx

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1lhzkk5t said:
joeseahawks":1lhzkk5t said:
What are the criteria for ranking? Just curious.

Just another opinion......and you know what they say about them?

No this one isn't like others, this opinion shows that outside of peyton manning, the seahawks are better at every phase of the game except for QB and WRs.

amill87

Reaction score
This was posted awhile back. An interesting tidbit is the Broncos only have two defenders in the top 30

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
amill87":6fnk5j9k said:
This was posted awhile back. An interesting tidbit is the Broncos only have two defenders in the top 30
Actually, it was posted on the 21st.

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson is obviously the 2nd best player on this list. If the Seahawks put their entire team on the trade block nobody else would get more back in a trade. I think perception is skewed right now because Wilson's had some tough performances lately due to defenses reading his offensive coordinator like an open book.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
kearly":8suvsjsb said:
Wilson is obviously the 2nd best player on this list. If the Seahawks put their entire team on the trade block nobody else would get more back in a trade. I think perception is skewed right now because Wilson's had some tough performances lately due to defenses reading his offensive coordinator like an open book.

But that just shows the relative importance of the QB position. Russell is more valuable than Sherman, but Sherman is arguably better at playing his position than Russell.

formido

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":zx74sca3 said:
kearly":zx74sca3 said:

But that just shows the relative importance of the QB position. Russell is more valuable than Sherman, but Sherman is arguably better at playing his position than Russell.

Well sure. And the best version of this list is (ability at position) * (value of position). Any other definition is sort of silly.