That play where Wagner blew up Peyton

fav13259

Reaction score
Peyton's described it as one of the hardest hits he's had in his career. I hope it happens a few more times on Sunday! Rattle Peyton!!! Go Hawks!!!

By the way anyone have a pic of the moment of impact? Or a gif?

skater18000

Reaction score
What if we end Peyton Manning, physically and mentally. I'm almost worried for Peyton.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
skater18000":1t59x0du said:
What if we end Peyton Manning, physically and mentally. I'm almost worried for Peyton.

To make an omelet you break eggs.....

253hawk

Reaction score
ibhKrn5cgF8c68.gif

VinceDee

Reaction score
Lets not forget that our current starting front four weren't even in that game as a group.

Peyton hasn't seen this group yet...muwahaha!

253hawk

Reaction score
No kidding. If Kearse can run one back on them...oh boy. Percy gonna go OFF.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good point about the front 4.

I know Avril didn't play them. McDonald is a totally different player since then (according to Donkey fans, this only applies to Knighton), I can't remember, but I don't think McDaniel played in that game. Clemons was out.

Good lord, they really don't know what's going to hit them.

Happy

Reaction score
Manning got his bell rung on that one for sure. His helmet takes a pretty solid bounce off the turf.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Looked like a tackle dummy drill. Hmmm.....maybe if our D-line just envisions Peyton as a big ol' tackle dummy....

ivotuk

Reaction score
After that game John Elway chewed them out and called them soft. After the SuperB Owl, Elway will be apologizing to Peyton.

chris98251

Reaction score
You don't think they have watched that plant a 1000 times by now, I would think Peyton has sent a message to his guys, I do not want to be planted on a cold hard turf by these guys, hold grab do whatever you have to do.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
253hawk":k40fcfk3 said:
I see more of this occuring vice a bunch of sacks. Completion or not, these hits will have a cumalitive effect on his ability to throw the longer the game goes. Get a hat on him, so what if you don't get a sack and he get's it out run through him either way.

gulliver

Reaction score
I would rather have Maxwell/Lane out there than Browner, but it's hard to ignore that he forced a couple of turnovers in that game. Hope his side can replicate that in this game.

Something I hope is NOT replicated though is how Peyton so frequently got guys who were in WIDE OPEN SPACES. Too many times Welker was out there running free with 5-10+ yards of daylight in front of him. Need to put the kibosh on that early in this one.

And Russell looked damn smooth in this one. Still plagued by that problem of dropped/bobbled snaps, but made lemons out of lemonade. Hope we see the return of that--and the read option keeper, baby--in this one.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
On espn they were talking about it yesterday and they said the coaches said they played that Wagner hit over and over again and that the Broncos were confident it won't happen again.

sutz

Reaction score
jjinwa":3k8ugocn said:
Looked like a tackle dummy drill. Hmmm.....maybe if our D-line just envisions Peyton as a big ol' tackle dummy....
Well, he is about that mobile.

:twisted:

253hawk

Reaction score
gulliver":2dpecw3o said:
Something I hope is NOT replicated though is how Peyton so frequently got guys who were in WIDE OPEN SPACES. Too many times Welker was out there running free with 5-10+ yards of daylight in front of him. Need to put the kibosh on that early in this one.

Almost every clip of Manning hitting a receiver being shown on NFLN today had no defender within 5 yards of them.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
253hawk":3k06ezi5 said:
No kidding. If Kearse can run one back on them...oh boy. Percy gonna go OFF.

Their kick coverage team has barely had any practice.

Their kicker has an extremely strong leg and they play in high altitude.

It's touchback city for them.

In the cold, with the wind, there will be some returns and Denver has not had much practice against live, in-game kick returners.