With a win Russell will be the 2nd African American

ludakrishna

Reaction score
With a win, Russell will be the 2nd African American QB starter to win the Superb Owl. Doug Williams was the first....and he beat the DENVER BRONCOS 42-10. Could History repeat itself? I say yes.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":kp47lzma said:
With a win, Russell will be the 2nd African American QB starter to win the Superb Owl. Doug Williams was the first....and he beat the DENVER BRONCOS 42-10. Could History repeat itself? I say yes.

I like where this is going. :thirishdrinkers:

Sac

Reaction score
Hmmm hadn't thought about that. That means Danny O'Neill and PeyPey would have something in common.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
How many AA QBs have started in the SB? Anyone remembers?
I remember Donavan, Colin Kaepernick. Who else?

Omahawk

Reaction score
Wow. That stat is mind boggling. I can't believe there hasn't been more. There have been some greats in the past who were more than deserving to play in a Super Bowl. I can't believe that between Warren Moon, Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, Randal Cunningham... and I'm forgetting some... that there hasn't been more African American quarterbacks to have won a Super Bowl. Also, I had no idea at all that Colin Kaepernick was mixed race. So I got even more curious and looked up Russell Wilson's ethnicity. He's mostly African American but also part Native American. Who knew? Go Hawks!

Sac

Reaction score
joeseahawks":10wcee3b said:
How many AA QBs have started in the SB? Anyone remembers?
I remember Donavan, Colin Kaepernick. Who else?

When did Kaepernick become African American?

Steve McNair. Doug Williams.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Damn, I remember watching Williams go off that game, he was unbelievable. I expect the same type of unbelievable performance from Wilson!

ivotuk

Reaction score
I LOVE Doug Williams! That dude rocked the Broncos and I was so glad for him with all the shit he had to put up with in the NFL!

irocdave

Reaction score
Randall Cunningham or Duante Culpepper?

Anyone remember Doug Williams being pissed off Disney didn't choose him to do the " I'm going to Disneyland" thing? Charles Barkley had the funniest line ever about that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DaveKrieg":8gezic8w said:
Russel Wilson is Black? 8)
He comes in the Tiger Woods skin tone model.
Sherwin Williams Color number 4553, Halfrican American.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Fourth to play, but only second to win. Since Doug Williams, we've had McNair and McNabb in the game. I guess the black quarterbacks with Mc in front of their names have been a curse.

In 1992, the preseason predictions had Oilers and Eagles, Moon vs. Cunningham in the first meeting between two black quarterbacks. Sadly, that was not to be. They are two of my all-time favorite quarterbacks.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":iuti5rz5 said:
When did Kaepernick become African American?

That is a surprise. I thought he was a full blooded American Douchebag.

lsheldon

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":3o7g6nik said:
Fourth to play, but only second to win. Since Doug Williams, we've had McNair and McNabb in the game. I guess the black quarterbacks with Mc in front of their names have been a curse.

In 1992, the preseason predictions had Oilers and Eagles, Moon vs. Cunningham in the first meeting between two black quarterbacks. Sadly, that was not to be. They are two of my all-time favorite quarterbacks.

Thankfully his name isn't McWilson.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Remember when Doug Williams was asked during media week "How long have you been a black quarterback?"

The idiocy of the media never ceases to amaze me. And they're still idiots.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":3r6a9cpm said:
Remember when Doug Williams was asked during media week "How long have you been a black quarterback?"

The idiocy of the media never ceases to amaze me. And they're still idiots.

Well, how long had it been?