Out of State, No connection to Seattle, Die Hard Fans

droop828

Reaction score
Being from North Carolina and growing up without a team I started rooting for an obscure franchise in the PNW in the mid 80's. I went thru the ups and downs, lots of downs, but loved my Seahawks. Now the day has come where I root for the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! All my friends and family know where my loyalties lie. I know there are lots of others out there like myself who will now be wearing their Hawks gear around in their area around the nation but now we will get those looks of being a fresh off the boat bandwagon fan. Obviously, it's to hell with those people and we keep it moving, but that is the only frustrating part that will now be a part of my life as a Seattle fan. A big part of being a Seattle fan has been the struggle and it's a badge we wear proudly. I went thru the struggle, as a fan, and nobody will know unless I explain it! Anyone else like me out there care to chime in?

acbass

Reaction score
I know the feeling. I'm from South Carolina, but was born in Washington DC. When I was about 4 I thought Seattle Washington and Washington DC were the same thing, so I chose to be a Seahawks fan. I'm 29 now, and have never second guessed my decision to be a Seahawks fan. It may have taken 25 years, but it was worth every minute.

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Being from LA, I get those same "bandwagon vibes" from those down here. Especially with all the 9er and Raider fans around here. F'em...they don't know me.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I'm not worried at all . But then I mostly wear old school logo stuff .
World champs people it doesn't matter what they think .

lsheldon

Reaction score
Reading through Donkey fan forums quite a bit over the last two weeks, I can say that Denver, and most likely a lot of other teams to believe that the Seahawks fan base is limited to just local fans. They have talked quite a bit leading up to the big game about out-numbering us in the SB because they "have been around much longer and have a broader and more nationally diverse fan base". After seeing the actual attendance at the game, I'm thinking it is actually the opposite. Hell, the Denver SeaHawkers have over 1000 members.

I'm not sure what it is about this team that brings so many people from all over the nation as fans. But I believe we are at least as geographically as diverse a fan base as anyone.

As for myself, I moved from Montana to Seattle in 1976 with my mother and younger sister when my parents got divorced. I joined the Army before the team first played and spent 7 years overseas. But I got out in 1983 and moved back to Everett and have been a fan since.

Fans aren't limited to just the members of this board. There are a lot of fans out there you never see online.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
I'm a Hawks fan and I ain't even in the country! (Ok, fine, I can sleep in until 9 and still be in Seattle by Noon on a good day, but still...)

Latest posts