Seahawks current state

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Great win for the Seahawks. Geno finally gets his clutch game winning drive against a decent secondary. What a really nice drive and incredible throw and catch for the game winning TD im sure Metcalf really enjoyed beating Ramsey they were battling ALL game long nasty match up.

Seems the Hawks had a tough time stopping the run in the first half but in the 2nd half they made some adjustments and got it done.

I thought the D had turned the corner but the last three games have proven there is an issue stopping the run that is not EASILY FIXED. Now its just a matter of tweaking the scheme to what opposing O's are doing to be able to be just good enough to win the game. Not sure if thats enough to beat good teams like SF and KC.

It seems that the O is so very efficient and difficult to stop and thats going to be the tell all for success in the post season.

Now that Jimmy G is out for the season and it feels like the door is open for the Hawks to win the division. But im still not looking past the Niners. I think reguardless of who plays QB for the Niners they will be in it.

Im looking forward to the rest of the Hawks schedule my worst fear is they drop the next game vs Carolina this to me is a must win game the rest of the schedule is way tough.

I hope Walker and the rest of the running backs get healthy because making the Hawks one dementional is not a good thing...

Geno is the man... very proud of him

Thoughts?

sutz

Reaction score
Agree with most of your points. On the Jimmy G situation, it kinda scares me if the 9ers go run happy to compensate. Our record against that strategy hasn't been good this season. ;)

Nice to see Geno check off that 'game winning drive' item on his to do list. Looking like the final 5 games are a tough row to hoe, but it helps that 4 of them are home games.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I did really like the one thing I heard in Petes Presser after the game. He said they (Him and Hurt) were quick to make adjustments after the first two Rams drives. It was obvious things clamped down after that. I am happy to hear they are willing to make those adjustments when previously I feel he might have been more reluctant to do so. Maybe the players are not as horrific as many make them out to be and it has been more of a scheme thing. Here is to hoping.

I am hoping they don’t overlook Carolina for the 9ers coming up. I feel they make take losses to the Chiefs and possibly the Jets. I feel the others are winnable. The 9ers will still be tough even with an off the street QB. It is not like they have been relying on top tier QB play to get all their wins.

I also agreee Carolina is a must win. Not just for record sake but for team morale. I feel they have been humbled enough now they can get some confidence to roll through the last part of the season.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Great win for the Seahawks. Geno finally gets his clutch game winning drive against a decent secondary. What a really nice drive and incredible throw and catch for the game winning TD im sure Metcalf really enjoyed beating Ramsey they were battling ALL game long nasty match up.

Seems the Hawks had a tough time stopping the run in the first half but in the 2nd half they made some adjustments and got it done.

I thought the D had turned the corner but the last three games have proven there is an issue stopping the run that is not EASILY FIXED. Now its just a matter of tweaking the scheme to what opposing O's are doing to be able to be just good enough to win the game. Not sure if thats enough to beat good teams like SF and KC.

It seems that the O is so very efficient and difficult to stop and thats going to be the tell all for success in the post season.

Now that Jimmy G is out for the season and it feels like the door is open for the Hawks to win the division. But im still not looking past the Niners. I think reguardless of who plays QB for the Niners they will be in it.

Im looking forward to the rest of the Hawks schedule my worst fear is they drop the next game vs Carolina this to me is a must win game the rest of the schedule is way tough.

I hope Walker and the rest of the running backs get healthy because making the Hawks one dementional is not a good thing...

Geno is the man... very proud of him

Thoughts?
Their defense can stop any O in the league so they may only need to score 14 to beat us. Going to have to really dig deep this week and concentrate on fixing what they decide needs fixing this week and execute that on Sunday. They won't have much time to prep for the Thursday game.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This Rams team was also the worst rushing team in the NFL and even in the second half they were still breaking big runs. They also had a QB we didn't really need to respect. The defense is a huge issue and liability going forward.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This Rams team was also the worst rushing team in the NFL and even in the second half they were still breaking big runs. They also had a QB we didn't really need to respect. The defense is a huge issue and liability going forward.

This.

I still think the Hawks are a fringe playoff team if Walker can come back and play well.

But this defense is downright terrible, and shows no signs of improving, especially in the run game. Wolford has a wet noodle for an arm and can't throw it more than 15 yards, there's no way there shouldn't have been 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run yesterday.

Still should be a nine win team, but it's not going to be easy with this defense.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The only reason TB isn't still the worst rushing team is because they bent us over the barrel. They WERE the worst rushing team in the league at the time we kicked off in Berlin.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This.

I still think the Hawks are a fringe playoff team if Walker can come back and play well.

But this defense is downright terrible, and shows no signs of improving, especially in the run game. Wolford has a wet noodle for an arm and can't throw it more than 15 yards, there's no way there shouldn't have been 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run yesterday.

Still should be a nine win team, but it's not going to be easy with this defense.
They pulled it together for a few games, maybe they can recapture that. Or turn into a really bend and come up with a huge play or two at critical times. Like a goal line fumble (or two) or a key Shadow interception or Nwosu sack.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
They pulled it together for a few games, maybe they can recapture that. Or turn into a really bend and come up with a huge play or two at critical times. Like a goal line fumble (or two) or a key Shadow interception or Nwosu sack.

Unfortunately I think the defense playing well a month ago had more to do with who they were playing. One dimensional teams with bad QB's like the Giants and Cardinals twice.

Any team with any resemblence of a smart capable QB and balanced attack is going to eat the Hawk's D for lunch. Or in yesterday's case, a HC that's arguably the best playcaller in the league exposing weaknesses and matchups, even without most of his good players and QB.

IMO this weekend is a must win if this team wants to be in the playoff hunt in a couple weeks. You can't drop a home game to bad Panthers team and consider yourself a playoff contender.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The 49er's remaining schedule looks nearly as tough as Seattle's.

It's really too bad the Hawks couldn't pull out a win against either New Orleans or Atlanta. I have a feeling those losses are going to haunt this team.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Agree with most of your points. On the Jimmy G situation, it kinda scares me if the 9ers go run happy to compensate. Our record against that strategy hasn't been good this season. ;)

Nice to see Geno check off that 'game winning drive' item on his to do list. Looking like the final 5 games are a tough row to hoe, but it helps that 4 of them are home games.
Im unsure whats going on with the D at times they look good at times they look like trash. Usually when there is inconsistancy its because of solid young players. Just taking their lumps. ButvthevD line is mostly vets. Usually i have a pretty good feeling about whats going on because you can see small amounts of improvement. At this point in the season they should be approaching their best play of the year. I guess we will see if they continue to improve and if they do it seems like it will be from tweeks from the scheme ... to be a SB contender the D has to be much better against the run than they are. Can they pull it together? Im unsure not sure if they have the personnel tonpull it off. One thing is for sure if they have anywhere near the draft they had last year this team is going to be scary.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think the defense playing well a month ago had more to do with who they were playing. One dimensional teams with bad QB's like the Giants and Cardinals twice.

Any team with any resemblence of a smart capable QB and balanced attack is going to eat the Hawk's D for lunch. Or in yesterday's case, a HC that's arguably the best playcaller in the league exposing weaknesses and matchups, even without most of his good players and QB.

IMO this weekend is a must win if this team wants to be in the playoff hunt in a couple weeks. You can't drop a home game to bad Panthers team and consider yourself a playoff contender.
I completely agree with this 100%.

Even in the playoffs Dak or Hurts or even Jimmy G would torch this team. That's why Seattle has to focus on DL during draft and FA, and can't re-sign Geno.

toffee

Reaction score
I am an odd man out, I think we need a better run blocking Center to go places. Our offense need to carry the defense if we would to go the distance. Offense will have a hard time carrying that defense if our running game is stuck in 3rd gear, without better run blocking, we won't get to those 5th or 6th gear. Blythe is the weakest run blocker on our OL, he is the limiting factor.

Schneider made lots and lots of great decisions this off season, but releasing Pocic isn't one of them, Pocic was cheap and no reason not to keep him. Our run game improved once we played Pocic last season, and by the way, Pocic is rated #2 center of late. https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/05/browns-ethan-pocic-pff-2nd-9-22/

Pocic this year:
Pocic1
Blythe and he sucks. he might be good with a mic, but he sucks
Pocic3

Attachments

• pocic.png
    pocic.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I completely agree with this 100%.

Even in the playoffs Dak or Hurts or even Jimmy G would torch this team. That's why Seattle has to focus on DL during draft and FA, and can't re-sign Geno.
Keeping Geno is exactly why we'll be able to draft for DL. Moving on from him, unless he's just too greedy for reason, will just give back some of the massive progress they've made in the rebuild. Basically cut a whole season off the process by drafting like god emperors and Geno having his coming out party.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score

Our home field advantage is a shell of it’s former self. We’ve been kinda boss on the road this year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score

It's really too bad the Hawks couldn't pull out a win against either New Orleans or Atlanta. I have a feeling those losses are going to haunt this team.
They will, but did we really think this team would have this many wins? I’m just really enjoying the overachieving so far and we are only a few holes away from dominance again.

nanomoz

Reaction score
They will, but did we really think this team would have this many wins? I’m just really enjoying the overachieving so far and we are only a few holes away from dominance again.
I'm totally there with you. But I also know a lot of people on these boards had their expectations explode during that 4-game win streak. "The only team I'm afraid of is the Cowboys," etc.

I thought they might have 4-7 wins on the season. It's fun to root for a team that seems to be--at least in some ways--moving in the right direction.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Or Tampa or the Raiders.

But again, my perspective of what I thought this team was going to be which is a 4-5 win team tops in a complete rebuild? Hard to get too fired up over missed opportunities.

Settling for a fringe playoff team in year one of Pete and John building this back up to a perennial playoff contender with a shit ton of draft capital next year is a great problem to have three weeks before Christmas.

Torc

Reaction score
Or Tampa or the Raiders.

But again, my perspective of what I thought this team was going to be which is a 4-5 win team tops in a complete rebuild? Hard to get too fired up over missed opportunities.

Settling for a fringe playoff team in year one of Pete and John building this back up to a perennial playoff contender with a shit ton of draft capital next year is a great problem to have three weeks before Christmas.
Totally this. I figured 5-7 wins but more towards the 5 at the beginning of the year. Having 7 wins already, and being legitimately in the playoff and even the division champ hunt at this point is way more than I expected, and I'm just enjoying the ride at this point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Totally this. I figured 5-7 wins but more towards the 5 at the beginning of the year. Having 7 wins already, and being legitimately in the playoff and even the division champ hunt at this point is way more than I expected, and I'm just enjoying the ride at this point.

Honestly, this is the most fun I've had watching the Hawks since the SB years.

Especially on offense. This is a FUN offense to watch with a QB that actually knows how to make line checks, protection checks, go through his progressions and get the ball out on time.

Yeah Russ was fun to watch when the play broke down and he'd scramble and make explosive plays. But those were few and far between the past couple of years. Too many three and outs and stagnant predictable offensive series.

Yes the defense right now is super frustrating to watch get gashed in the run game. But that can be fixed over the next couple of drafts with some front seven playmakers.