'76-'14 - I'm not sure how I made it.

PDXCHawk

Reaction score
Well, so this is the billionth step, of the journey of a thousand miles.

I know I don't hardly ever post here no more, life takes you in different directions.

But I'd be dumb and dead not to come back and say a little piece on what we all watched transpire.

How many times did you hear it? Did it stick in your craw? Did you say 'next year', in defiant futility? Did you swallow your pride again and again as your friends laughed?

"The Seahawks will NEVER will a Super Bowl! MuahahaHAAAAhahahaHAhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa." At least that's how I remember it sounding.

Remembering. All that remains of that blasted phrase is a memory. No one can say it, ever again. For our Seattle Seahawks have, in unquestionably demonstrative fashion, shoved all those derisive cries down the throats of their utterers.

When I was doing a little better, I held season tickets through most of the Holmgren years. Spent 5-figures on those seats, which resulted in being there when the clock ticked to zero vs. the Panthers. The first Super Bowl berth. A feat unrepeatable and precious that neither gods nor men can erase. It was worth every penny. I'd spend twice as much to do it again.

Now, I have seen this team plow through two of the best teams in the NFC, and easily the best AFC team, to a marvelous, doubt-defying rout of a first Super Bowl win. It was worth every embarrassing loss. Every chunk of swallowed pride. Every unrespondable-admonishment from any fan of any team that had a Ring. Every fiber of fortitude it took to remain a Seahawk fan.

Now we can legitimately talk about...the NEXT ring. I'm swooning a bit just typing that. No longer if...but when.

It was worth it. It was all worth it, wasn't it? Or as our fearless leader says (whom somehow no one is asking to be fired on this forum)

DON'T IT FEEL GREAT?!

Cheers to the diehards, from PDXCHawk. Me Talk Seahawk.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
It sure does! But don't we need a slightly taller QB, who is a pure pocket passer :p

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
Great post! I was eight years old when the Hawks played their first game. I learned at a young age to despise the Oakland Raiders. Now my loathing is directed at the team across the bay - the Whiners!

Largent80

Reaction score
A long time coming, and earned. I proudly wore my gear in the 90's when Derrick Fenner was a Seahawk. Those were dreadful teams and a superbowl seemed like some absurd, made up thing that was for everyone else.

birdman5

Reaction score
I guess I need to stop listening to local sports radio. Seems every time I here the words "SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS" I start crying or at least tearing up. What a baby I am.... It's been a long hall, but we finally made it. I was worried for the longest time it wouldn't happen in my lifetime. It turned out it happened in time for my father to hear it. So happy for that!

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Like I said before, this game (season) washed all the bad away. Its just a blissful state of being from here on out!