Not Chicken Littel'ing it - but the season/division -

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, people can see it however they want. How overconfident the fans are has no impact on the game. Good team that needs improvement.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Wins over the Lions and Browns are pretty impressive. Both really good teams. A lot of work to do, but IF this team is firing in all 3 phases? They can be in any game against any team, imo. And they really handed away that game at Cincy on the road, a legit SB contender. The team has its issues, I'm not going full homer, but they are very capable of being a damn good team.
You're right -

We've had a couple of solid road games. Lions and Cincy.

We're an awesome team. Minus some bad decisions on Offense - both execution and playcalling.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
One game at a time is the only way to survive in this league.
For my part, I'm still riding a big high from yesterday. After the unlikely header by Adams I had very low expectations Geno would be able to get us into the end zone. But he did it! So now I'm hoping that is an ice breaker for him and we can continue to finish strong, while improving at avoiding the elongated dry spells.

I still feel this year is a building year and next year is our year to break rocks. This year parity is wearing a bright blanket, isn't it?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It absolutely felt like one they were going to give away. Several drives in a row produced next to nothing.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
One game at a time is the only way to survive in this league.
For my part, I'm still riding a big high from yesterday. After the unlikely header by Adams I had very low expectations Geno would be able to get us into the end zone. But he did it! So now I'm hoping that is an ice breaker for him and we can continue to finish strong, while improving at avoiding the elongated dry spells.

I still feel this year is a building year and next year is our year to break rocks. This year parity is wearing a bright blanket, isn't it?
Last couple games, it looks like JSN is starting to find his groove. The defense seems to be improving. We might be catching 49ers slumping without Trent Williams and Deebo Samuel. Injuries are always the wildcard, but I see 10-7 (plus or minus one game) as realistic. What do you think?

bileever

Reaction score
We might be catching 49ers slumping without Trent Williams and Deebo Samuel. Injuries are always the wildcard, but I see 10-7 (plus or minus one game) as realistic. What do you think?
We played without both tackles for a while, and somehow Pete managed to keep the ship afloat. (We were also without Adams for the first few games and JSN had a broken wrist. Last week, we played without Lucas, DK, Charbonnet, Evan Brown and Phil Haynes.) We have to play the rest of the season without one of our best defenders, Nwosu. So not sorry for the 49ers and their 2 injuries weren't as significant as ours over the first 8 weeks.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
We played without both tackles for a while, and somehow Pete managed to keep the ship afloat. (We were also without Adams for the first few games and JSN had a broken wrist. Last week, we played without Lucas, DK, Charbonnet, Evan Brown and Phil Haynes.) We have to play the rest of the season without one of our best defenders, Nwosu. So not sorry for the 49ers and their 2 injuries weren't as significant as ours over the first 8 weeks.
I’m not sorry, either! I will add that without Deebo , McCaffrey is less effective, because the defense can focus more on him. Trent Williams is All Pro caliber. That was a huge loss. I’m just thankful they aren’t on the field.

WarHawks

Reaction score
We are close. So close. More red zone scoring and consistency and we're there.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Independent of outcome, it is just really great to see how quickly they have transitioned from the stale late-Russ/post LOB operation to an up and coming burgeoning power with homegrown depth, youth and talent all over the roster. I wasn't confident that they would be able to get me excited again, but they have.

Trading Russ was one thing, but they still had to hit on those drafts; and boy, did they.

QB is of course TBD. But back in 2011 you could see, similarly, that they were putting together a robust competitive roster prior to Russ' arrival.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Independent of outcome, it is just really great to see how quickly they have transitioned from the stale late-Russ/post LOB operation to an up and coming burgeoning power with homegrown depth, youth and talent all over the roster. I wasn't confident that they would be able to get me excited again, but they have.

Trading Russ was one thing, but they still had to hit on those drafts; and boy, did they.

QB is of course TBD. But back in 2011 you could see, similarly, that they were putting together a robust competitive roster prior to Russ' arrival.
The Seahawks have come a long way since 2021. People on the Bears forum get all pissed off at me for mentioning this in comparison to where Poles has taken the Bears in two years. Bears won 6 games in 2021. Seahawks won 7 games. Bears beat Seahawks head-to-head on December 26, 2021. The truth hurts.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
We are close. So close. More red zone scoring and consistency and we're there.
After watching the Lions tonight, I can envision the Seahawks traveling to Detroit in the playoffs. Lions playing well and have a pretty soft remaining schedule.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Last couple games, it looks like JSN is starting to find his groove. The defense seems to be improving. We might be catching 49ers slumping without Trent Williams and Deebo Samuel. Injuries are always the wildcard, but I see 10-7 (plus or minus one game) as realistic. What do you think?
I think I like the moves our staff is making to make the most of this year and to prepare for a big run next year. SF dealt with a ton of injuries last year too, but it didn't keep them from a big end of the year run. I am impressed by the way our depth has manned our ship this year.
It appears to me our staff is not intending to make a big splash for a young QB again next year either. That's fine by me as my pic for our QB of the future (Jalon Daniels) appears to be heading for one more year of college.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Why Daniels? He had back injury last year and the problems with his back continue this year. If he comes out this year, most GMs will see that as a risk. Seahawks could get him somewhere in the middle rounds.